TUTORIAL: Getting Started With Unity [BACK FROM THE DEAD!]

3 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

is there a model validation script for blender for ksp? 

got blender installed, the io script in there as well successfully imported the model im working on. But afraid at this point pretty much a pig looking at a wristwatch. 

Not sure what you wanted to change but guess now you just need to export it to a dae or fbx and import in to unity

13 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah same here dont know what I need to change either. Ill try exporting it to unity and that might find why its not loading. 

it loads into ksp without any errors just doesnt show up in the part list anywhere. filled in the tech tags etc...

Did you add a Convex mesh Collider ? If you don't mind and can post a link to the part will take a look

EDIT- You can PM if you want

Edited by Mecripp2

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, BlackHoleSun said:

KSP Parttools: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/files/...rttools-18.zip 

Seems link is dead? do I need it still?

Hi you really need the part tools that came with the rocketpart overhaul, (as it includes other useful things)  make sure you install all the right folders , you still need the legacy part tools, but they're included

Luckily for us the forum can still be read so here's a link

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/files/PartOverhauls.zip

On 1/27/2017 at 0:09 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi you really need the part tools that came with the rocketpart overhaul, (as it includes other useful things)  make sure you install all the right folders , you still need the legacy part tools, but they're included

Can you specify exactly which folders to install? There's a lot of stuff in the PartOverhauls Source folder...

On 02/02/2017 at 9:09 PM, Tyko said:

what's the best version of Unity to download for KSP 1.2.x?

Unity 5.2.4 is the best all round version and able to do everything you'll need, other versions have troubles with animations emissives bundle creation etc etc  Almost any version will work though, depending on how much hassle you're prepared to put up with

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish someone would update these conversations from time to time.

Unity has changed considerably since KSP 0.18 came out. I get confused about the directory structures in Unity.

Assuming I have directory

Root. 

what structures work best for creating a part with a trig-downed collider mesh?

The reason I ask the question is when I add a collider I get this vibrating 'duplicity' appear haze on the edge of my parts. From past experience with this happens its bad mojo for stability.

• 2 years later...