Airlock and Ladder

Hi guys. There was a problem with the ladder and the airlock. I kind of placed and named correctly. But the problem is.

1 - airlock works only in one direction. That is to enter into the cockpit but not out.

2 - If the ladder to add the item just do not load.

who can help sort out?

3524336.jpg

3527408.jpg

3515120.jpg

The edge of the boxes can not be inside of the model, they have to be on the surface or even slightly away from it.

Here is a brief tutorial: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Adding_Airlocks_and_Ladders_to_Parts

Basically your Kerbal will spawn in the inside of the back wall of the bounding box and hold onto the ladder at that point.

The easiest way for me was to :

1 make an cube, or sphere in the size you want.

2 remove mesh renderer, duplicate.

3 you name the first Ladder, set the layer to part trigger, set the collider to trigger, and the other one airlock,

. Now you have the exact same positions ^^

edit..

in that tutorial you will read:" Remember: airlock and ladder pivots must have same coordinates! And they should have some intersect with main collider."

Which sort of conflict with what sasquatch said, Ive always made sure my main body of my craft and hatch are colliding just slightly, and only because the

tutorial told me to, and its worked - but Sas is saying dont collide them... so im not sure now what your problem is now lol..

Edited by Devo

Okay, some things I see:

The collidr box for the airlock cannot intersect your capsule that far, it will try to spawn the Kerbal inside the capsule collider, which is causing that error.

The Part layers and tags must be capitalized. Ladder, Airlock, Part Triggers. And in the airlock picture you don't have the Airlock tag enabled.

Fix that stuff up and try it, and if its not working, give us some fresh screenshots from Unity of the setups.

I dont think the collider for airlock should be on triggger, How does the collider for the pod looks? So it doesnt interfere with your hatch

The airlock has to be a trigger, otherwise it doesn't work.

What ultimately solved your problem?

Somehow trigger airlock, faced with mesh collision. Although there was no visual contact. I just simply remade mesh collision and pulled the trigger. :cool:

Hey, I'm having a somewhat similar problem regarding airlocks and ladders using Unity. From what I can tell I have everything set up correctly, but as you will see in KSP it doesn't function how it should..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrdEynapCrM&feature=youtube

As some reference so people can help, here are some screenies of it in Unity:

airlockandladders_zpsfda93973.png?t=1367172015

If anyone has some insight or advice I really appreciate it!

Hey, I'm having a somewhat similar problem regarding airlocks and ladders using Unity. From what I can tell I have everything set up correctly, but as you will see in KSP it doesn't function how it should..

1 - airlock should not come in contact with the mesh collider. 2 - triggers better to make a rectangle. 3 - blue arrow should be directed to the side of your cockpit. Looking for on the topic, I think you will find the answer.

Blue Arrow facing inward, not outward. Make sure you are viewing Local , not Global co-ordinates and try not to have the box going too deep into the ship, even bring the hatch

all the way out, then test it and then move it when you are happy with testing.

now he comes out on the right side, but now he can't get back in. here's the picture of what I changed and my guy in the right position.

-snip

Ok I see your problem

Create an Empty game object in Unity, centre it at 0,0,0

Drag the entire contents of the project under that new empty object.

This empty game object has the correct local directions setup for KSP. Once you have done that, generate the model.mu again and test it, it should work.

Why didnt it work?

The problem is, RIGHTFRONTGEAR I assume is the base model or filename you exported from blender, which probably has a different rotation in blender. Blender and Unity do not share X,Y,Z, it is a different setup..

There was a diagram of the unity vs blender but I cant seem to find it right now.

If you want to make it easier on yourself, Basically... I find if you flip your object in blender,

* Rotate Y -180 or -90 (depending on spacehanger or VAB)

* Select All, then CTRL-A and reset the rotation of your model

THEN export. You can skip the step I mentioned above with the empty game object this way, just saves some time when making many parts.

Edited by Devo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.