[0.21.1] KAS v0.4.3 - Struts, pipes, part storage, containers, merged winches & more

KospY

The new part loader broken the dll, so the plugin can't work anymore on 0.20. (I use the part loader to get parts paths for textures and sounds)

I'm working on an update, just be patient :)

Bless you, KospY. I'm actually going to be taking a break until this gets updated, as 90% of my operations are reliant on KAS. No rush, though. Seriously, take your time. I'll just be owning faces in BL2.

Bless you, KospY. I'm actually going to be taking a break until this gets updated, as 90% of my operations are reliant on KAS. No rush, though. Seriously, take your time. I'll just be owning faces in BL2.
yeah what he^ said...and just to say it, KAS is probably one of the best mods for this game I have seen yet. will be checking back here daily :)

The new part loader broken the dll, so the plugin can't work anymore on 0.20. (I use the part loader to get parts paths for textures and sounds)

I'm working on an update, just be patient :)

I need to farm dil on STO anyway...and I still got a looooot of mapping to do.

I'm just sad I have to fly the spaceplane with the motorcycle on it back to duna...again... D:

soooo happy to hear your already workin on this! this one of the few mods I depend on to play ksp.

you've truly made an awesome mod

just wondering if anyone else inadvertently made space numchuks while grappling hook testing prior to 0.20 dropping?

Edited by KhaosCorp

This mod is great and I love it, but just to bring it to the creators attention, the current version causes an error that causes the camera to sort of float away from the ship.

This results in some very weird and interesting behaviors, as your ship tries to maneuver around, but the center of gravity/rotation/etc is where the camera's point is. So if you try to spin the ship, you spin while also orbiting around this point.

This also translates very weirdly in your orbit as just by rotating the ship my orbit drastically changed, it shot from like 599K to 750K.

Also, in case it was not said earlier, the winches don't appear in .20

But once again, a great mod that I highly enjoy!

This mod is great and I love it, but just to bring it to the creators attention, the current version causes an error that causes the camera to sort of float away from the ship.

This results in some very weird and interesting behaviors, as your ship tries to maneuver around, but the center of gravity/rotation/etc is where the camera's point is. So if you try to spin the ship, you spin while also orbiting around this point.

This also translates very weirdly in your orbit as just by rotating the ship my orbit drastically changed, it shot from like 599K to 750K.

Also, in case it was not said earlier, the winches don't appear in .20

But once again, a great mod that I highly enjoy!

Is that's what's causing that stupid camera bug? Huh.

And he's aware of the 'stuff doesn't work' problem and working on it.

That's not the camera floating away. That's the actual center of mass, which reflects on your orbit, on MechJeb following maneuver nodes, and pretty much makes the ship unflyable. I have the same problem. Since all my ships include KAS as standard equipment, imagine my dismay. :)

Since this coincides with parts appearing and disappearing, my best guess is that a part abruptly becoming 'not real' makes the physics engine go crazy and reveals a game bug that has been around for a while.

Edited by Mihara
Center of mass, not gravity, silly me.

Looking forward to the 0.20 update for this, but I have a separate question in the meantime:

If a connector HAS to be connected to the winch, why does this have to be done manually? Can't the winch automatically have a connector attached? I'm just asking because a lot of the time, I struggle to get the connector attached in the right place, or the right way up, and have to keep checking my ships on the launchpad. Am I missing something?

You don't have to check your ships on the pad after you attached the connector to the winch in the VAB. The connector does NOT look the same from both sides, you just have to determine which side is the right one.

I wanted to be kept in the loop as to when this was updated, so I'm making this reply. I can't use it in it's current state, but when it is updated to work with 0.20 I will be anxious to play with it! The uses with EVA are especially exciting as sometimes my ship doesn't like to align with my Kerman and I wind up getting a distance from it and have to use up a lot of fuel to return. Any idea on when it will be ready?

Looks exciting! Can't wait til the update!

You don't have to check your ships on the pad after you attached the connector to the winch in the VAB. The connector does NOT look the same from both sides, you just have to determine which side is the right one.

Yeah you can tell which way round it is if you look closely, but the question still remains.

If the winch MUST have a connector attached, and the connector is the only thing that can be attached, it just seems like an unnecessary extra step.

I have an idea, can you make a point A to point B KAS implementation, without winches or hooks, etc. just pure connector to connector, like struts, but with docking feature and done with EVA, This will be useful for the land bases so I can have them connected easier! e.g. HOME modules.