[0.21.1] KAS v0.4.3 - Struts, pipes, part storage, containers, merged winches & more

KospY

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Now I can start playing KSP again!

Thank you so so so so much!!!!!

OMG eva building/repairs!!!!!!! wow, I gots to figure out how to add that to stuff lol.....I feel a reinstall comin on

Edited by KhaosCorp

omg, DUDE, now i can make my old mods playable , make all those epic things tht only is possible with this amazing plugin !!' and all those new features looks neat! =D Thank you and the team behind the scene!!!!

edit

"- Attach mode will now show a preview of the part destination instead of a sphere. Rotation can also be modified by pressing "b" and "n" keys

- Grabbed part mass is now added to eva mass for realism (can be disabled in the part.cfg)" This is just want i wanted and had been thinking about, wow haha ;D

Edited by ahappydude

I just downloaded v0.3 for KSP 0.20. I'm getting exploding parts when a Kerbal is carrying one of the parts on EVA and I switch crafts with [ or ]. Is this possibly a bug in the mod, or is it caused by the known issue in KSP 0.20 that explodes space stations when switching with [ or ]?

EDIT: Also, IVAs don't follow the actual cockpit when plugged in docked mode.

Edited by Krizzen

Nice, downloading now!!

BTW Kospy, you might be interrested in this mod for modifying stock parts without actually having to overwrite the files. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs-current-version-1-01

I am using this with RemoteTech and Ioncross's crew support plugin and both have their stats added to the stock parts without actually modifying the original files, very useful!! You might want to check that

Actually, since the configuration of the files appear to be very easy to do, I might make one for the fun of it!

Yes. you can also attach them back to any ships with the attach module.

In fact, KAS can be used for some kind of replacement/reparation system. It can also be used to build ships from eva if you are motivated :)

However, as I do not want to overwrite stock part.cfg, you need to edit them yourself for adding the KAS modules.

For exemple, add this lines in the corresponding part.cfg :

Here an exemple of a kerbal attaching a solar panel in KAS 0.3. (Featuring the new part preview)

oh my god yes! :D!

Finally I don't have to scrap satellites because they ran outta battery or didn't have a solar panel; I also don't have to scrap landings because landing gear wasn't low enough or if the craft lacked parts!

happy days happy days

Just got the RCS quad to work without editing the stock file. omg this is gonna be so useful to fix RCS imbalance on ships!!

Yes very useful for a lot of things ! Just built an walkway on a orbiting station with the new version and nazarins glass pieaces cheers

dsKJIBc.png

Yes the glider has returned, that preview feature really helped as the part rotation =)

Yes. you can also attach them back to any ships with the attach module.

In fact, KAS can be used for some kind of replacement/reparation system. It can also be used to build ships from eva if you are motivated :)

However, as I do not want to overwrite stock part.cfg, you need to edit them yourself for adding the KAS modules.

For exemple, add this lines in the corresponding part.cfg :

MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab //This module will add the possibility to grab the part from Eva.
grabKey = g // Key used for grabbing a part
maxDistance = 2 // Max distance for grabbing a part
breakForce = 3 // The force that needs to be applied on the grab joint to break. (Not used, as eva don't react correctly to a physic joint)
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.06, -0.3) // Position of the grabbed part on eva
evaPartRot = (280.0, 0.0, 0.0) // Rotation of the grabbed part on eva
addPartMass = true // Add or not the grabbed part mass to eva
grabSndPath = KAS/Sounds/grab // Grab sound
}

MODULE
{
name = KASModuleAttach // This module will add the possibility to attach part grabbed from Eva.
attachKey = h // Key used to toggle attach pointer
rotateLeftKey = b // Key used to rotate left the attach pointer
rotateRightKey = n // Key used to rotate right the attach pointer
surfaceDist = 0.05 // Surface distance above the target part
maxDistance = 2 // Max distance for attaching a part
allowPart = True // Disable/enable attaching a part to another part
allowEva = False // Disable/enable attaching a part to eva
allowStatic = False // Disable/enable attaching a part to a static object like ground or building.
sendMsgOnly = False // Delegate the attachment system to another module on attach. (ex : hook module) If set to false, the attachment will be handled by this module.
pointerUseModel = True // Use or not the current part model as pointer instead of a sphere.
partRot = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // Rotation of the attached part
attachSndPath = KAS/Sounds/attach // Attach sound path
detachSndPath = KAS/Sounds/detach // Detach sound path
}

You will maybe need to adjust rotation of the grabbed part on kerbal. To find the good values, you can add the config module to change parameters in game (right click on the part) :

MODULE
{
name = KASModuleConfigMenu // Configuration menu of all KAS module. Usefull for tweaking part.cfg parameters ingame. Remove all "//" before lines to enable it.
}

Could someone do a video tutorial on this? I'm a newb to coding and have no idea how to do this. :blush:

I wanna do some kind of "toolbox" carrying parts in a structural panel to assemble a rover on the Mun. :D

I loved this mod in .19, and I just installed the .20 version by dragging the KAS folder into GameData, but now KSP freezes when loading Winch2/model001, and I have to force quit KSP. I'm using a mac. Is anyone else having this problem?

You, sir, are fantastic. Your mod updated right as I was about to launch the second part of my new save's interplanetary fuel station! Thankfully I decide to come on the forums quick to check if there are any mods finished updating to .20 that I'd like to stick on and, lo and behold, KAS is back! Been using your mod for almost the entire time I've played KSP and I must say, its been a godsend.

I love how a side effect of this mod is to make space construction possible via EVA. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time messing with that. Aaand yes, I actually did register on the forums specifically to thank you for this mod.

Could someone do a video tutorial on this? I'm a newb to coding and have no idea how to do this. :blush:

I wanna do some kind of "toolbox" carrying parts in a structural panel to assemble a rover on the Mun. :D

I double this!!! but being able to repair things.....I must learn how.....

Ive deorbited aprox. $6.8million worth of stations and probes and other stuff....not because I didn't need it, because my haphazard 'this is takin to durn long' coffee fueled flying style I tend to destroy things...mainly solar panels

someone please help us noobish types =P (but not KaspY, getting KAS back in our hands was more than enough for the week...or month, so happy to have KAS back!!)

I double this!!! but being able to repair things.....I must learn how.....

Ive deorbited aprox. $6.8million worth of stations and probes and other stuff....not because I didn't need it, because my haphazard 'this is takin to durn long' coffee fueled flying style I tend to destroy things...mainly solar panels

someone please help us noobish types =P (but not KaspY, getting KAS back in our hands was more than enough for the week...or month, so happy to have KAS back!!)

I'm glad someone's standing by me. I tried modifying a config. file once and screwed up the game. :( Had to re-install the entire thing, but I had a backup for my save! :)

Having a small issue with trying to re-attach something and the angle seems to shift. Not sure if its just a KSP thing.

Ex: I have my RCS Quad and placing it on stack mounted fuel tank, a rcs fuel tank or a 6 sided port part, the angles will fit fine on each of these parts. The mark1-2 pod however has it shifting on most of its axis depending on where I put it. I even have the 2x2 structural panel that sometimes fit fine and other times doesnt. Not quite sure whats wrong there.

This is the angle modification I had to do for the part to fit on most things:

in the KASModuleAttach section.

partRot = (0.0, 75.0, -90.0) // Rotation of the attached part

Is this a KSP thing (I know that sometimes angles in KSP in the VAB can be screwy depending on how you place the parts) or KAS??

edit: I'll see if I can make you guys a video but gotta first check if this issue is coming from me making a mistake or something else.

Edited by SVoyager

What's the word I want to use? Let me think for a moment, yippie? Nah. Huzzah? Nope. I know ...

Yay!

Though I can't consider your mod essential, per sae, it is damn fine and really well done. I'm quite pleased to see it available for use again, and will install promptly.

Wow... came earlier today to thank KospY in anticipation of the release... and checked back a couple hrs later, and it's posted. THANK YOU! I've loaded, and so far it's working fine with the winches I already had in prior save. Can't wait to start building my Mun base again!!

My favorite mod!!

I am having trouble. Trying to test out connecting for resource transfer and nothing works. Nor can I un attach the radial connector port (dis mountable) piece. Is this still a bug or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT! Never mind, didn't see the alt key specific. That will take getting use to. Anyway, Radial connector port (dis mountable) still not dismounting.

Edited by CaptJack92a