[AAR] Moho AAR

Holo

I feel like making an AAR, so why not do one of a manned mission to Moho? After all, Moho is not a very nice place to live.

I'm taking inspiration from the Martian and that Grand Tour AAR. I also need a better title for it.

I'm also terrible at making introductions, so I'll just start the AAR here and spare you the pain of having to read another word of this abysmal opening.

Chapter I

Aboard the Querme I, 200km above Kerbin

O7fVtq3.png

Jebediah- This is Querme I. Lander docking successful. Beginning crew transfer.

Mission Control- Roger that Querme I. Remember to do the ch--

clicking noise, and then static

Jebediah- Good, now that I don't need the ascent guidance, I can switch off that damn radio. It was distracting me from some good old fashioned boosters.

Gregkin- Way better in the old space program, back when we were trying to beat the kommies. Now it's all "safety" this and "life-endangering injury" that.

Jebediah- Anyway, headcount. Bill?

Bill- I'm alive. Try not to pull more that 4 gees on the ascent next time.

Jebediah- Joelo?

Joelo- What? Yeah, um, I'm here.

Jebediah- I know Gregkin's here, Barrim's up in the pod with me, leaving Bob. Bob?

no sound is heard

Jebediah- Bob?

Bob- Uh? You look fuzzy...

Bill- Look, you made Bob unconscious. Keep it under three gees next time. In fact, just let mission control fly it remotely.

Jebediah- Sure, whatever. Get on your zero-g suits and go to the hab modules. Open the airlock doors, Mechjeb.

The six kerbonauts enter the airlock, where the door seals behind them. Each put on their zero-g suits, including Bob who is half-dazed and helped by Bill.

Mechjeb- I'M SORRY JEBEDIAH. I'M AFRAID I CAN'T DO THAT.

THE AIRLOCK PRESSURE STILL NEEDS TO EQUALISE.

Jebediah- Leave the jokes to me, next time.

Mechjeb- ERROR. COMMAND DOES NOT PARSE.

Jebediah- Stupid computer.

Mechjeb- MY CIRCUITRY IS MODELED ON THE BRAIN OF FLIGHT COMMANDER JEBEDIAH KERMAN

Three beeps, followed by the airlock door opening. The kerbonauts exit.

Jebediah- At least out here I can remember the time this space program was run by the astronauts.

Mechjeb- RADIO TRANSMITTER IS ACTIVE. EVA GUIDANCE WILL BE GIVEN.

That's part one done. I'm also terrible at making exiting sentences, so I'll just click "Submit New Thread" now and spare you th

Edited by Holo
forgot about barrim. sorry barrim.

That's an interesting looking ship. Also, don't worry about the intros and outros, it seems like this could be a good story nonetheless :)

I decided on the Ion engines first, then I decided that a gravity wheel thing would look good. The rest followed on from me wanting a main area of strutural fuselages.

The lander at the end was designed to be able to land on Moho with 6 kerbals without killing them. No real aesthetic in mind.

Edited by Holo

Hmm Jeb having an argument with a computer copy of himself....... How has the universe not imploded yet!

It already has, that's why the planets are so small and dense :)

If Jeb, Bill and Bob are all on the ship, the others might as well be called "Kerbonaut #4" and "Kerbonaut #5". :wink:

This looks good!

You are just jealous of the awesomeness of Gregkin, Barrim and Joelo!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.