TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

Ok then. Standard advice applies: How to Get Support. I'd particularly like to see a screenshot with blizzy's Toolbar visible and trying to add a button during flight.

I think it's a problem with running the game in OpenGL as I tested it with a couple of mods and it showed up. Will be installing Linux during the weekend so I can play KSP in 64Bit.

I think it's a problem with running the game in OpenGL as I tested it with a couple of mods and it showed up. Will be installing Linux during the weekend so I can play KSP in 64Bit.

I can categorically rule out OpenGL as the cause - I use OpenGL here on Windows (Win-64 KSP-32) in OpenGL mode, as I have, at last count, somewhere over 100 mods. Tac Fuel Balancer works fine.

As Master Tao requested, could you show us a screenie of the add buttons mode in Blizzy's toolbar.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could be just me but the only thing I have dealt with not working with .90 is that highlighting a tank doesn't do anything. Makes finding specific tanks when there are multiples a little tough. Other than that the functionality seems to work with .90. I have MJ, KAS, and ScanSat so just a heads up.

Edit: Can anyone let me know if they can confirm that they can't highlight tanks through the fuel balancer on KSP .90? I am curious if this is an issue on my set-up or if it is widespread and likely to be handled in the update. Thanks in advance.

Edited by SirAtomBrysicle

• 2 weeks later...

Something that's made this mod less easy to use since 0.90 is the fact that the context menus disappear after a click (or, when things are running slow due to high part counts, even before a click is made), which makes it difficult to start and stop a transfer in quick succession (such as when fine-tuning a transfer). It's also less convenient when trying to find the right tank. Previously, you could highlight to find the right tank, then start transferring. Now you lose the menu, so have to click the tank again to remove the highlight and then again to start the transfer. It's easy to lose that specific tank in the list when there are many present, too.

@TaranisElsu

I hate to bug, but any word on the 0.90 official version yet?

I currently have a suborbital spaceplane (wings don't do any good outside of the atmosphere, and deploying cargo is effectively staging- so it improves fuel fraction to deploy rockets on a suborbital trajectory- and full on orbital spaceplanes are nearly impossible with Real Solar System installed due to the enormous Delta-V requirements...) landed approximately a fifth of the way around Kerbin (on the penninsula to the east of the KSC) in RSS 6.4x without enough Kerosene (I'm also running RealFuels) to make it back to the KSC. I'd very much like to use TAC Fuel Balancer to simulate refueling it by just editing in more Kerosene...

QA09n2j.png

I *could* just send a refueling plane (or a boat, or even a rover- there *IS* a land route there!) to land near it and transfer over some fuel (using KAS pipes), but that would take a LONG time. It would be much simpler if I could just edit in the necessary Kerosene in using TAC Fuel Balancer (it's not very cheaty in RealFuels- Kerosene is practically free, and it's the rockets/planes themselves that comprise 99.9% of the cost, like in real life- plus in real life there would be downrange airports to land at...)

Regards,

Northstar

P.S. I like to think of my mission plan as the equivalent of launching across the Atlantic and refueling in Europe (and there would be Kerosene available there in real life- no need to fly a special cargo plane across the ocean just to refuel the spaceplane). I had more than enough fuel to make it even further downrange- in fact I had to go into a steep dive and circle around several times to land on the penninsula, and still had a bit of fuel left- just not quite enough to cross the ocean back to the KSC...

Edited by Northstar1989

• 3 weeks later...

So, how're plans going for reorganizing the list of fuel tanks into groups according to the ships to which they belong? i.e., I'd love it if i could tell ship A to send fuel to ship B when they're both docked at the same station, and then tell ship B to balance the fuel in its tanks without worrying about that balancing act sending fuel to all other docked things.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this automatically balance the fuel to keep the CoM stable? I'm looking into this one because the PWBfuelbalance broke launch clamps somehow and there was some odd message soamming the output log.

The thing with the launch clamps turns out to be something with the game itself, plus kraken. It was still spamming that odd message.

Still going to check this out though.

Edited by smjjames

• 3 weeks later...

Doublepost because separate post.

Is there an option to have it respect decouplers? Like say, I want to have it balance stage by stage during launch without having to manually lock/unlock the tanks that I don't want it to balance.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the mod's icon does not show up on blizzy78's Toolbar. Any reason why, or how I could make it show up? The option for it is there, it just doesn't appear.

I have the latest of both mods, both work alone.

Thank you!

Could be just me but the only thing I have dealt with not working with .90 is that highlighting a tank doesn't do anything. Makes finding specific tanks when there are multiples a little tough. Other than that the functionality seems to work with .90. I have MJ, KAS, and ScanSat so just a heads up.

Edit: Can anyone let me know if they can confirm that they can't highlight tanks through the fuel balancer on KSP .90? I am curious if this is an issue on my set-up or if it is widespread and likely to be handled in the update. Thanks in advance.

I can testify that I'm in the same boat. I don't have TAC re-installed as KSP did something funky a few days ago and I had to wipe everything and re-install all my mods but when I had it the only issue I had was it would not highlight what component I was trying to action. Balancing and transferring all worked perfectly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.