TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

How do you edit fuel on the launch pad? I've pressed every button in the GUI I could find, and can't figure it out.

EDIT: Also, it seems there's a resize-thingy in the bottom-right of the window, but it doesn't resize via dragging. Dragging only makes it move the window. A single click (no drag) does seem to resize it by one-pixal's distance though.

EDIT 2: Also getting a lot of errors. http://i.imgur.com/oudaDjo.jpg

Those errors are not from this mod. I do not call Part.GetConnectedResources.

If it happens again, please read https://github.com/taraniselsu/taraniselsu.github.io/wiki/Help and follow the instructions. I cannot help much without a complete log file.

To answer your original question: while landed, click the popup button and click Edit. That will only show while prelaunch or landed on Kerbin.

Changes

• Updated for KSP 0.24.2.
  • Bug fix: was letting the user edit fuel levels on other planets/moons besides Kerbin.
  • Bug fix: the popup window should now close when the user clicks anywhere outside the popup
    window.
  • Added an Install Checker.
  • Displays the mod's version number in the Settings window.
  • Added support for the KSP Add-on Version Checker (KSP-AVC) and the KSP-AVC plug-in

Download from Curse (after the upload is approved).

Thanks for the update! It fixes the one little bug that bothered me at all. :)

I'm not able to resize the window, though. I can click on the handle in the bottom-right corner, but dragging it pulls the whole window and makes the size stutter between the original size and a few pixels wider and taller. It appears this is a bug introduced by KSP 0.24, since I see the same behavior with TAC FB 2.3.0.2. I've edited the settings by hand for the moment. If you can't reproduce it, no worries – there were some Mac-specific left click issues introduced by 0.24, and clearly I haven't resized the FB window any time in the last month.

Stock KSP 0.24.2, Mac OS X 10.9.4, TAC FB 2.3.0.2 and 2.4.0.3

Player.log, not that it shows anything relevant

Those errors are not from this mod. I do not call Part.GetConnectedResources.

If it happens again, please read https://github.com/taraniselsu/taraniselsu.github.io/wiki/Help and follow the instructions. I cannot help much without a complete log file.

To answer your original question: while landed, click the popup button and click Edit. That will only show while prelaunch or landed on Kerbin.

Yeah, but the thing was that the "-" button wasn't doing anything to begin with, so getting to the Edit button was impossible. It really was broken. But it's moot now because whatever you did in your latest update seems to have fixed it. So that's good news.

The other issue about window resizing is still there though. Like Master Tao, I too am on Mac OS 10.9.4, so this may be a platform specific bug. Again, single clicks do succeed in resizing the window by 1 pixel. So if you want to resize it 5 pixels to the right, click 5 times on the right side of the resize-indicator.

Here's my Player.log.

So TAC Fuel Balancer has never appeared in the tool bar for me. It got to the point (because of all the other mods I have - like MKS) that I absolutely needed it so I started poking around in the files. I found that in the file called "FuelBalancer" that Balancer, Settings, and Help all had visible set to "False". Fantastic! I change the values to true and behold it pops up.... but not in the toolbar. So since I don't want that window in my face permanently I eventually X'ed out of the window. Couldn't find it in the toolbar list... all 7 buttons from other mods are check on. I went back to the file and visible is set to "False" again on all three settings. It presumably reverted when I closed the window.

I know I have probably done something incredibly stupid, but for the life of me I cant find out why this is happening. For right now, I'll just shrink that window to the corner and never X out of it. Thanks for your help in advance.

I actually deleted all my mods re-installed kerbal space program and put my mods back in as well as 2.4.03.

Also it is installed into the correct folder. http://imgur.com/7gg2PLE

It seems as if the toolbar isn't recognizing it. For example, I can force it to pop up by changing the values in the file, but there is no toolbar button for me to get it to come back up again once closed. It works fine balancing fuel, everything is great. It's just have to force it to pop up.

I actually deleted all my mods re-installed kerbal space program and put my mods back in as well as 2.4.03.

Also it is installed into the correct folder. http://imgur.com/7gg2PLE

It seems as if the toolbar isn't recognizing it. For example, I can force it to pop up by changing the values in the file, but there is no toolbar button for me to get it to come back up again once closed. It works fine balancing fuel, everything is great. It's just have to force it to pop up.

Please read https://github.com/taraniselsu/taraniselsu.github.io/wiki/Help and follow the instructions. A log file really really helps.

• 2 weeks later...

There are several mods out there that introduce new resources.

With an increasing number of resources, TAC fuel balancer gets a bit bothersome to use, because the resource selection happens in a randomly ordered list that needs to be navigated with a horizontal scroll bar.

I would like to suggest the following changes:

- Display the resources in an alphabetical order so they can be found in a predictable manner

- Remove the horizontal scrollbar and dispay all resourcenames at once in multiple lines

oHiY6J4.jpg

I tend to have a lot of lag by my Minmus base. I do have some 570 parts within physics range, so a certain amount of lag is, unfortunately, expected. Checking the debug console, I found it was being spawned by this

28c3gn9.jpg

Removing TAC Fuel Balancer seems to have increased the frame rate, but I didn't measure it (say, with Fraps) so it's mostly an impression. As a reference, the base includes a Kethane/Karbonite combo miner.

Hey. I'm having a problem on window resize in the Mac.

I can't do it. I can grab the anchor on lower right, but it won't change. Mouse goes, window no.

Is there a fix for that?

And i like the suggestions of Mhoram too. I have TAC LS and would be nice to not have the upper scrolls, in place, a multiline resource distribution.

And if the lower scroll only apear on window to shut, making the right info/toggles adjust to the size of window.

And if we have all the options listed on each resource on the list, so you only have to tick that, and not open a sub window to choose it. It takes more time and some times that little window stuck.

But are only suggestions because the primary function of the mod is working and i love it.

Thank you.

Here a graphical explanation of how would be great to have it. (Using the default Unity interface by reference. (like MechJeb and other's))

Suggestion:

15189956772_1e81a4d1b0_o.pngSuggestion Crop by Climberfx, on Flickr

15167285036_2e41ce93c2_o.png

Actual:

15167283386_70024981ff_o.png

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I wanted to invite you TaranisElsu to a discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have.

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a simple bug that prevented me from using TAC Fuel Balancer until I could get at its config file, "GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/FuelBalancer.cfg".

During a flight where I had the window open to balance, instead of clicking on its x upper right or the icon on Blizzy's toolbar, I hit the key ESC. TAC Fuel Balancer Window went away. And I couldn't get it back, during that flight or another, or when I exited and restarted KSP. During that flight where I hit ESC, the Fuel Balancer continued to operate.

So I pulled out the files for the mod and found its config file. Removed that, reinstalled the mod, and started KSP again. Went to a flight and now I had the TAC Fuel Balancer window again.

Couldn't recreate the problem, as now when I hit ESC, the Game Paused menu comes up. Now I'm doubting what happened to make it go away in the first place.

Here's what my FuelBalancer.cfg file had:

MaxFuelFlow = 10
RateMultiplier = 1
FuelWarningLevel = 25
FuelCriticalLevel = 5
ShowStageNumber = True
ShowMaxAmount = True
ShowCurrentAmount = True
ShowPercentFull = True
ShowDump = True
BalanceIn = False
BalanceOut = False
Debug = False
TACFuelBalancer
{
visible = True
x = -572
y = -729
width = 588
height = 745
}
TACFuelBalancerSettings
{
visible = False
x = 840
y = 360
width = 240
height = 360
}
TACFuelBalancerHelp
{
visible = False
x = 710
y = 135
width = 500
height = 810
}

Edited by Jacke

Sorry for the late responses :(.

I ran into a simple bug that prevented me from using TAC Fuel Balancer until I could get at its config file, "GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer/PluginData/TacFuelBalancer/FuelBalancer.cfg".

During a flight where I had the window open to balance, instead of clicking on its x upper right or the icon on Blizzy's toolbar, I hit the key ESC. TAC Fuel Balancer Window went away. And I couldn't get it back, during that flight or another, or when I exited and restarted KSP. During that flight where I hit ESC, the Fuel Balancer continued to operate.

So I pulled out the files for the mod and found its config file. Removed that, reinstalled the mod, and started KSP again. Went to a flight and now I had the TAC Fuel Balancer window again.

Couldn't recreate the problem, as now when I hit ESC, the Game Paused menu comes up. Now I'm doubting what happened to make it go away in the first place.

Here's what my FuelBalancer.cfg file had:

MaxFuelFlow = 10
RateMultiplier = 1
FuelWarningLevel = 25
FuelCriticalLevel = 5
ShowStageNumber = True
ShowMaxAmount = True
ShowCurrentAmount = True
ShowPercentFull = True
ShowDump = True
BalanceIn = False
BalanceOut = False
Debug = False
TACFuelBalancer
{
visible = True
x = -572
y = -729
width = 588
height = 745
}
TACFuelBalancerSettings
{
visible = False
x = 840
y = 360
width = 240
height = 360
}
TACFuelBalancerHelp
{
visible = False
x = 710
y = 135
width = 500
height = 810
}

If you encounter the problem again, please follow the instructions in my signature and upload a complete log file. From your config file, it looks like most of the window was hidden up and to the left, off the screen, but there should have still been 16x16 pixels on screen in the very corner. I'm not sure why the escape key did anything to it. Were you dragging the window when you hit escape (intentionally or accidentally)?

Does this fuel balancer are takes into account the CoM ( Center of Mass) like PWB Fuel Balancer (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42624-0-23-5-PWB-Fuel-Balancer-v0-0-6-%281-June-2014%29) or can it only keep the amount of fuel balanced in each tank?

Unfortunately, no, this mod does not know where the CoM is. That has been on my To-Do list from the beginning.

Hey. I'm having a problem on window resize in the Mac.

I can't do it. I can grab the anchor on lower right, but it won't change. Mouse goes, window no.

Is there a fix for that?

And i like the suggestions of Mhoram too. I have TAC LS and would be nice to not have the upper scrolls, in place, a multiline resource distribution.

And if the lower scroll only apear on window to shut, making the right info/toggles adjust to the size of window.

And if we have all the options listed on each resource on the list, so you only have to tick that, and not open a sub window to choose it. It takes more time and some times that little window stuck.

But are only suggestions because the primary function of the mod is working and i love it.

Thank you.

Here a graphical explanation of how would be great to have it. (Using the default Unity interface by reference. (like MechJeb and other's))

Suggestion:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5569/15189956772_1e81a4d1b0_o.pngSuggestion Crop by Climberfx, on Flickr

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/15167285036_2e41ce93c2_o.png

Actual:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3863/15167283386_70024981ff_o.png

I'll need a little more info on your resize issue. Would you upload a complete log file (see my signature)? Are any other Mac users having a problem with that?

I will look at making the list of resources easier to deal with, but the whole reason that I moved all the control buttons into a drop down was to save screen real estate. You don't seem to have an issue with that -- how big is your screen?!? I am afraid that is one of those things where I cannot make everyone happy. I do plan to allow interacting by right-clicking the parts themselves instead of being required to use the window.

I tend to have a lot of lag by my Minmus base. I do have some 570 parts within physics range, so a certain amount of lag is, unfortunately, expected. Checking the debug console, I found it was being spawned by this

http://i60.tinypic.com/28c3gn9.jpg

Removing TAC Fuel Balancer seems to have increased the frame rate, but I didn't measure it (say, with Fraps) so it's mostly an impression. As a reference, the base includes a Kethane/Karbonite combo miner.

For it to keep rebuilding the resource lists, the game had to be changing a vessel's "state" -- i.e. landed, sub-orbital, prelaunch, etc. Was anything bouncing? Did it stop if you stopped moving the rover?

There are several mods out there that introduce new resources.

With an increasing number of resources, TAC fuel balancer gets a bit bothersome to use, because the resource selection happens in a randomly ordered list that needs to be navigated with a horizontal scroll bar.

I would like to suggest the following changes:

- Display the resources in an alphabetical order so they can be found in a predictable manner

- Remove the horizontal scrollbar and dispay all resourcenames at once in multiple lines

http://i.imgur.com/oHiY6J4.jpg

I will look into that: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFuelBalancer/issues

If you encounter the problem again, please follow the instructions in my signature and upload a complete log file. From your config file, it looks like most of the window was hidden up and to the left, off the screen, but there should have still been 16x16 pixels on screen in the very corner. I'm not sure why the escape key did anything to it. Were you dragging the window when you hit escape (intentionally or accidentally)?

Sorry about not getting the output_log.txt. I usually provide it but forgot to save it after this one.

I don't think I was dragging the TAC Fuel Balancer window at the time I hit ESC. Looking back at screenshots I took during the flight, I see that little 16x16 pixel element show up in the upper left; on one screenshot, it's not there, then on the next and subsequent ones, it is. Looks like the window resizing element.

If it happens again, I'll grab the output_log.txt.

For it to keep rebuilding the resource lists, the game had to be changing a vessel's "state" -- i.e. landed, sub-orbital, prelaunch, etc. Was anything bouncing? Did it stop if you stopped moving the rover?

I've never checked that and I've accidentally deleted that save file. But I'll keep that in mind. For all I know, it may be that something was bouncing at the base.

I will look at making the list of resources easier to deal with, but the whole reason that I moved all the control buttons into a drop down was to save screen real estate. You don't seem to have an issue with that -- how big is your screen?!? I am afraid that is one of those things where I cannot make everyone happy.

I have a 1920x1080 display and would prefer if the transferwindow would be larger if it meant that I can transfer resources with less clicks.

Thanks!

@Climberfx: Thanks for providing the suggestion-screenshots, they are just like I would wish the display to be.

@TaranisElsu: By the way thanks for making really useful (FB) and game-enhancing (LS) mods!

Edited by mhoram

Changes

• Updated for KSP 0.25
  • The fuel transfer rate is now affected by time warp. Not sure why I missed that for so long... :huh:
  • Reorganized the directory structure so that it is no longer placed in ThunderAerospace.

Warning: make sure that you completely uninstall any previous versions. I moved everything from KSP/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer to just KSP/GameData/TacFuelBalancer.

Changes

• Updated for KSP 0.25
  • The fuel transfer rate is now affected by time warp. Not sure why I missed that for so long... :huh:
  • Reorganized the directory structure so that it is no longer placed in ThunderAerospace.

Warning: make sure that you completely uninstall any previous versions. I moved everything from KSP/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer to just KSP/GameData/TacFuelBalancer.

Thanks Taranis,

Can I ask why the move in directories was made? I don't really have a preference either way, was just curious.

I personally welcome this move. Having many mods, when the names of directories don't match the mod name, it gets very confusing.

Thanks Taranis,

Can I ask why the move in directories was made? I don't really have a preference either way, was just curious.

The survey that I ran told me that enough people wanted it that way.

Case in point:

I personally welcome this move. Having many mods, when the names of directories don't match the mod name, it gets very confusing.

Also, the extra directory caused confusion for some people and led to installation errors.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.