[1.0.2] TAC Self Destruct v1.5.1 [13May]

TaranisElsu

I was trying to collect the self-destruct mechanism out of one of the KAS boxes, but it wouldn't let me.

I've tested this in .22 with the most recent KAS and TACSD versions as of the 30th of November. Please let me know if your versions and mine aren't the same.

Changes

• Updated to 0.23
  • The Time Delay and whether to allow staging are both now changeable in game thanks to tweakables.

Note that I removed the second part because it is redundant. If you are using it on any of your vessels:

1. Backup your persistent.sfs file.
  2. Open the persistent.sfs file in your favorite editor, and replace every instance of "TacSelfDestruct_Stagable" with "TacSelfDestruct"

Download from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tac-self-destruct-2/

Edited by TaranisElsu

well. after changing vessel or enter space center and back autoselfdestruct become active and counting on active stage, despite it was manually disabled b4.

any way to solve this?

Add an empty stage below active stage before swapping vessel?

Is it possible to put a self destruct thingy on the same action group as a launch escape tower, and then if something goes wrong, the crew will be rescued and the rocket will self-destruct as a range safety system?

Fun fact: The Saturn V had a self-destruct function.

Changes

• Fixing bugs in enabling/disabling staging.
  • Added ability to abort the self destruct.

Download from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tac-self-destruct-2/

@DennyTX and @Galileo Kerbonaut, please test this and see if I fixed the issues that you found. I'm hopeful :)

Downloading right now... I'll edit in the results as soon as I know more.

EDIT: OK, did a little quick testing and it seems to be working fine now! Thanks for the update.

Edited by Galileo Kerbonaut

Can you make a self destruct for separate Parts only or make the "Explode mode" destroying the attached part?

Would be cool for debris removing operations or to destroy damaged parts of a craft, or a wrong assembled decoupler. :)

Edited by dRuPpI

... for debris removing operations or to destroy damaged parts of a craft, or a wrong assembled decoupler. :)

My solution to this problem is now http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/sunbeam/ with the config edited - beamCollateralDamage = 0 so it can take out individual parts without damage to anything else, if you aim it well :) Very handy for trimming no-longer-needed parts, more fun and often easier than savefile edits.

Open the part's config file:

{KSP}/GameData/TacSelfDestruct/Parts/TacSelfDestruct/part.cfg

and change the line that says

timeDelay = 10.0

to

timeDelay = 60.0

Glad you like it :)

You can change the time with Tweakebals in the VAB to

• 2 months later...

This mod was exactly what I was looking for! :D However, would it be possible to toggle to "Self destruct" text / announcement that pops up once you activate it? It's not really ideal for cinematics if it pops up while recording, other then that, this plugin is amazing! :D

Seems to work fine in 0.23.5 (ARM) with no changes.

This mod was exactly what I was looking for! :D However, would it be possible to toggle to "Self destruct" text / announcement that pops up once you activate it? It's not really ideal for cinematics if it pops up while recording, other then that, this plugin is amazing! :D

There is not currently a way to do that. I'm not sure how common of a use case that is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.