Help with modding :)

Umbra

I started modding around just for fun and I don't think it is to hard, but I ran into a problem: I cannot find out what this module does exactly and how I can edit it:

atmosphereCurve

{

key = 0 1200

key = 0.3 2500

key = 1 800

}

velocityCurve

{

key = 0 0.5 0 0

key = 1000 1 0 0

key = 2000 0.5 0 0

key = 2400 0 0 0

I want to make one engine with lots of power but for low speed and altitude. Thank you for your help,

Umbra :cool:

They're not modules but variables in ModuleEngines.

They're of type FloatCurve and the basics of that data structure is explained in the sticky in the plugins forum.

In this case the first value for AtmosphereCurve is atmosphere density (or pressure, I'm not sure) and the second is ISP.

The first value for velocity curve is speed (surface I believe) and the second is thrust multiplier (1 is full through, 0.5 is half thrust etc.)

ModuleEngines doesn't have altitude-dependant thrust but you could certainly cut down the ISP to make use at higher altitudes prohibitive.

• 9 months later...
They're not modules but variables in ModuleEngines.

They're of type FloatCurve and the basics of that data structure is explained in the sticky in the plugins forum.

In this case the first value for AtmosphereCurve is atmosphere density (or pressure, I'm not sure) and the second is ISP.

The first value for velocity curve is speed (surface I believe) and the second is thrust multiplier (1 is full through, 0.5 is half thrust etc.)

ModuleEngines doesn't have altitude-dependant thrust but you could certainly cut down the ISP to make use at higher altitudes prohibitive.

What are the zeroes after the first 2 values?

Link to said sticky? 0 results on "velocitycurve" and only 1 result on "velocity curve in this thread.

0 0.5 0 0 means that for the velocity "0" (in m/s, or meters per second), the engine will produce 0.500 thrust, 100 representing 100% the maximum thrust, and 0.500 representing 50%, 000 representing 0%, and so on. :).

The velocity is exactly in m/s, no spaces, nothing fancy, just speed over land, I think. :)

Cheers,

Naten :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.