Rubber Band Inc: Caterpillar tracks.

electronicfox

No update in this post, just a new rule regarding the tracks because some people (a minority of the actual fans so far) don't understand how annoying they can be.

for each person to ask for a release or release date before I actually release the pack, I will delay the release by 1 day after the pack is actually complete (disregarding inevitable trolls). This includes on this forum, pms, YouTube and Facebook.

you've all been kept up to date on progress, so you all know just how close to release the set is, it'd be a shame to have to delay it, but this is getting a little out of hand (mostly in pms and YouTube).

Good on you for that. I have been following you for a while and just cant wait for these tracks so I can complete my cranes.

Right now they weigh 30 (of whatever a Kerbal weight unit is), but are subject to change.

Its tonnes. But these tracks are awesome and I can't wait for release. Can you make armoured tracks like to ones on the M1A2 Abrams?

Its tonnes. But these tracks are awesome and I can't wait for release. Can you make armoured tracks like to ones on the M1A2 Abrams?

Why would you want armored tracks. And the Abrams doesn't have armored tracks in the manner you think that have armor covering them but the tracks them selves are just like any other track just more heavy duty and padded so it doesn't tear up pavement.

To get armor in KSP you need to build it your self with heavy duty parts and spaced armor.

No update in this post, just a new rule regarding the tracks because some people (a minority of the actual fans so far) don't understand how annoying they can be.

for each person to ask for a release or release date before I actually release the pack, I will delay the release by 1 day after the pack is actually complete (disregarding inevitable trolls). This includes on this forum, pms, YouTube and Facebook.

I can not say I blame you, a lot of people do not seem to appreciate you are doing this for free and are not delaying a release on purpose (yet :wink: ). It is supposed to be fun for fans and modders alike, do not let a couple (or a lot) of impatient folks ruin such an amazing addition to the KSP mod world :)

Maybe you should sell whining cards, so you get something out of people complaining, haha!

I can not say I blame you, a lot of people do not seem to appreciate you are doing this for free and are not delaying a release on purpose (yet :wink: ). It is supposed to be fun for fans and modders alike, do not let a couple (or a lot) of impatient folks ruin such an amazing addition to the KSP mod world :)

Maybe you should sell whining cards, so you get something out of people complaining, haha!

Maybe he should wait until projects are complete before posting threads about them.

Maybe he should wait until projects are complete before posting threads about them.

Maybe so, but a lot of people (me included) like to watch as projects develop, and its always good to hear opinions or ideas throughout development. If nobody shared what they were developing, we'd have no ksp right now.

Maybe so, but a lot of people (me included) like to watch as projects develop, and its always good to hear opinions or ideas throughout development. If nobody shared what they were developing, we'd have no ksp right now.

I agree fully with your statement. I was responding to the post I quoted and your statement from yesterday about punishing the community because people are hounding you about release. In sharing development ideas and posting progress and I might say and really awesome looking mod you just need to accept that there will be a few retards who hound you and take steps to shut them down without affecting the community. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I agree fully with your statement. I was responding to the post I quoted and your statement from yesterday about punishing the community because people are hounding you about release. In sharing development ideas and posting progress and I might say and really awesome looking mod you just need to accept that there will be a few retards who hound you and take steps to shut them down without affecting the community. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The idea isn't really to punish the community, and I get that many won't agree with my method, but so far it's worked wonderously. It's only been a day, but not one message about releases. That's an improvement. Not even an expected troll.

The idea isn't really to punish the community, and I get that many won't agree with my method, but so far it's worked wonderously. It's only been a day, but not one message about releases. That's an improvement. Not even an expected troll.

Probably because the community is composed of 98% mature gamers and the other 2% are retards.

Good luck with the mod and a great concept. Looking forward to being able to use it.

Probably because the community is composed of 98% mature gamers and the other 2% are retards.

Good luck with the mod and a great concept. Looking forward to being able to use it.

Thanks! Hopefully it'll get a great deal of use from the community. I wanna see crazy vehicles come outta this.

How did you do this if i may ask? I would gladly do some of my own caterpillar tracks(The way of making caterpillar tracks may have been mentioned before in this thread but im too lazy to look)

Don't be afraid to tell people no to any suggestions as to what you make. On the InfiniteDice release thread I have told people many time to not demand stuff because if they do we will never even consider making it for release to the public as we will probably only make it for ourselves. Also don't be afraid to shoot down completely useless Ideas such as Armoured tracks. As KSP other than through mods will never be weaponized so there is absolutely no need for them. Just keep up the great work and don't worry about other people just make what you want to make for yourself and if you feel like it then release and share it with the community. Keep up the great work as you are creating something no else has ever attempted (such as true boat parts, Sorry selfish shameless plug) so do what you have to do to be happy not what other people need to be happy.

..... so do what you have to do to be happy not what other people need to be happy.

Besides, counterfitting is punishable bij law in every country ... (just joking)

Usually, those people don't even realise what really makes them happy. They get what they want, use it once or twice and toss it aside.

If i look at myself, there are lots of great mods, i use some of them, but there are only a few i wouldn't want to miss.

How did you do this if i may ask? I would gladly do some of my own caterpillar tracks(The way of making caterpillar tracks may have been mentioned before in this thread but im too lazy to look)

I will likely release a guide on setting up your own tracks to work with the plugin after release.

Don't be afraid to tell people no to any suggestions as to what you make.

This goes a little against my nature of trying to please everyone, although I am getting better at this part :P

what sorta bugs do the tracks have

EndlessWaves will know more on this part than I, but he is re-scripting the mirror-symmetry system (so both tracks will aim forward when symmetry is used in the SPH), and theres some bugs that affect the movement of the tracks sometimes.

Ohhhh yeah! I'm gonna have fun with these when they are finished cooking. I've been watching this thread a while now. They are beautifully animated. Well done you guys, can't wait!!!!!!

Gave up waiting to be honest :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.