Mounting tanks around a tank is SOOOO FRUSTRATING!

chumad

I'm trying to follow a tutorial that directs me to build this: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/w/images/4/41/LF_Laythe_CF.png

I'm finding it super super frustrating to mount the orange tanks to the middle orange tank. I've literally spent 2 hours trying to get the things to attach - finally quit the game in frustration.

Anyone got some tips on how to accomplish it? For what it's worth, I tried following the guide in the How to forum but to no avail.

It can be pretty fussy.

Normally if you attach the tank to something else before trying to radial mount it it helps, trying to radial mount a tank fresh from the pallet often doesn't work.

If it is still not working then you probably have something else on your rocket that is getting in the way, this can be pretty tricky to spot if you are using symmetry.

Try using the debug menu (alt f12) to tussle part clipping. It's a known bug that sometimes the van thinks things are clipping even when they're not, especially when you're using radially attached stuff.

It can be pretty fussy.

Normally if you attach the tank to something else before trying to radial mount it it helps, trying to radial mount a tank fresh from the pallet often doesn't work.

What do you suggest mounting it to before trying to radial?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.