[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

Hello!
Here is the file, I have made a new installation of KSP and I added the mods from a backup file which you have also added, and when you upgrade the mods it is when the problem appears.
Thank you very much for your help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oroxek2ixy3iues/KSPModAdmin_aOS.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyyctpfs7bcbj3c/ModPack_05_05_2016.modpack?dl=0

Here's the config file

https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/oKkUwB31WJC8I0EbQUFiet

If you try to add a big mod, like the Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, quit the KSPMA and reopen it, you can see that most of the tabs won't get loaded and the mod list becomes inaccessible.

https://spacedock.info/mod/599/Chaka%20Monkey%20Exploration%20Systems

Many thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it is because I have more than 150 mods installed but now I is very difficult to use this tool, continuous failures that force me to reinstall all the mods. I can not test any mod unless you have had problems.
If you do a first installation everything seems to work fine, but if you close the administrator, the next time everything is damaged.
At this time and at least for me, this program is very useful, but the hassle of having to reset everything every time

Thanks for this great mod! It is a lifesaver for all of the modpacks that I like to install, but to only use a couple parts in each.

REQUEST: Do not know how hard it would be, but the functionality seems to exist already in the Mods editing part...Could you make it so that on the Parts tab, I can hold control and select multiple parts to delete? That would be a GREAT addition.

Thanks again!

Enhancement suggestion : 

It took me a long time to understand that unchecking a mod was not enough to disable it. And even longer to understand that "process mod" means reflecting the unchecked boxes to the actual game.

It would be simple to correct : When clicking "Launch Kerbal", a popup could say "you have one or more mods that are not processed. Launch anyway?"

• 4 weeks later...

Getting this error message. I would really like to transfer from CKAN....

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Size()
   at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.Controls.Aga.Controls.Tree.NodeControls.NodeControl.GetActualSize(TreeNodeAdv node, DrawContext context)
   at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.Controls.Aga.Controls.Tree.TreeViewAdv.<GetNodeControls>d__b.MoveNext()
   at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.Controls.Aga.Controls.Tree.TreeViewAdv.<GetNodeControls>d__4.MoveNext()
   at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.Controls.Aga.Controls.Tree.TreeViewAdv.DrawNode(TreeNodeAdv node, DrawContext context)
   at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.Controls.Aga.Controls.Tree.TreeViewAdv.DrawRow(PaintEventArgs e, DrawContext& context, Int32 row, Rectangle rowRect)
   at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.Controls.Aga.Controls.Tree.TreeViewAdv.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
KSPModAdmin
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.4
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/KSPModAdmin.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
KSPModAdmin.Core
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/KSPModAdmin.Core.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
KSPModAdmin.Plugin.BackupTab
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/Plugins/KSPModAdmin.Plugin.BackupTab.dll
KSPModAdmin.Plugin.FlagsTab
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/Plugins/KSPModAdmin.Plugin.FlagsTab.dll
KSPModAdmin.Plugin.PartsAndCraftsTab
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/Plugins/KSPModAdmin.Plugin.PartsAndCraftsTab.dll
KSPModAdmin.Plugin.Translation
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/Plugins/KSPModAdmin.Plugin.Translation.dll
SharpCompress
    Assembly Version: 0.10.3.0
    Win32 Version: 0.10.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/KSPModAdmin/v2.3.0.4_Win/v2.3.0.4/KSP%20Mod%20Admin/Plugins/SharpCompress.dll
System.Design
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

a new life sign of me with bad new.

First of all a big thanks to timmer_UK and 4o66 for holding the torch!

I have the "problem" that i have to earn money to feed and to provide a home for my family. That means that i have to fly every week to my job and i'm only home during the weekend. During the week, work is almost eating me up, so no time for extra codeing and the weekend is reserved for my family. I try to squeze in a few hours here and there but this isn't enough to get things done for KSP MA. I WAS working on CKAN support for KSP MA but during my last evaluation of some VS Plugins i have distroyed the current implementation of it . Because of my stupidity i haven't done any checkins of any changes i made so far and now its beyond the point of repair.
Well its not as bad as it sounds cause i have a checkin of some of the code but its way older than i was hoping for... I have to reimplement a thousend things to get it work again but honestly i'm not in the mood to spend time for this project for near future.

To complain a little bit.
I have the feeling that almost noone is honoring or is aware of the time i have spent and took from my family to run this project.
All i get is very little respone. A "great work" here and there but most of the time i get mails like "This doesn't work get a fixed ... quick! I want to manage my trillion mods (some times with a pls)" and the quality of most of the bug reports is ... well ... .
I was astonished when i got my first donation of 25 bucks a few month ago (my guess is that this was a mistake but anyway Thanks again! =)). You want to know what i bought from it. Presents for my wife and kids. When i redeem my CurseForge reward I'll get another 50$ for Steam, which means that i got a total of about 75$ and a few "Thank yous" for about 3 years of support ... I haven't played KSP since about 0.23 (well its not entierly true i have played the 1.0 for a few hours). That doesn't mean i don't like the game .. NO .. i love it and i have searched for such a game since i have played "Apollo 18 - Mission to the moon" on my C64. I just don't have the time to play games anymore, unless it's with my kids. 

So as mentioned above i'm not in the mood to do anything on this project for now. Not even if i get more response or money or anything its mostly a matter of time.
You have the code on Github. Just learn how to code and fix the problems on your own.
If anyone has questions about some implementation details i would be happy to help.

See you in space ... MacTee

PS:
@Dux Aquila: As far is i have read from your posts you have one problem with KSP MA. And after you haven't got a fix for your problem you jell out that there are to many bugs in this App? Great job ...

Edited by MacTee

12 hours ago, MacTee said:

I have the feeling that almost noone is honoring or is aware of the time i have spent and took from my family to run this project.

A day late and a [insert local currency unit here] short, but thanks, for many things:

• A wonderful tool for managing mods, especially when there was no other viable working solution
  • Open-sourcing said tool, giving me a reason to step out of my comfort zone and take a crack at C#
  • Accepting code changes from me and taking the time to email me back and forth when I had questions
  • Allowing me to step in a provide unofficial releases where I could

Your efforts, while unacknowledged, were greatly appreciated by many.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hey MacTee, you might remember me. There was a time where I gave you some feedback and suggestions regularly (then depression hit and I dropped KSP XD).

I understand how you feel with the "not being honored"-part. Some ten years ago, I did modding for WoW and had the same feeling. It's kind of a "service thing", tbh.

If you provide a service - no matter if it's repairing a car, selling food or coding software - you rarely get praise. Usually people only get in touch to complain if something doesn't work. That's just how people work - I don't want to belittle your feelings in the slightest, ehrlich :wink: - but it's something service providers have to get around. It's just how things are, mostly.

About the commercial aspect... Well, yeah, that's kind of a problem that seems to be very modding-specific. The overwhelming majority of people seem to take modding (I count KSPMA somewhat as a mod... I know, it's not a mod, but an "external addition" to the game, KSPMA is closer to being a KSP-mod than an alternative to Firefox :wink:) as a given. Something to expect, and therefore not to praise the people who sink hundreds and thousands of hours of their live into their projects.

For me... To be honest... This is my most beloved addition in KSP. I can play without MechJeb. I can play without SpaceY, I can play without Kerbal Joint Reinforcements, KAS, RCS Build Aid or any other mod. But I do play with mods. And therefore, the first thing I always install when I get around to play KSP again (as is the case today... Well, setting it up. No idea if I'll play today), is to get KSPMA. Sure, CKAN is nice for "brainless installing and updating", but as soon as you want some more control (like deleting parts, taking a look at config files, etc) there is no way around KSPMA.

I wouldn't have (and will) played so much KSP if it wouldn't have been for your tool, MacTee. Sadly, I am not able to donate (both because of the lack of Paypal and also because of Hartz IV, if I remember correctly, you are German... And you'll know what that means).

The ooooonly thing I'd like you to do, if it's not too much to ask, is to look around and see if someone wants to officially take over KSPMA. Sure, it seems to be open source... But from what I have seen in the KSP-community (and others), it's usually better to call out for help and get someone specific to take over, than to hope and see if someone does themself... It also means the "original thread" stays the center of communication.

No matter what you'll do with that suggestion, or if you ever come back to KSP... I wish you and your family all the luck I can.
You have brightened my gaming-life and I wish you well :)

PS: I do agree with reckless regarding the "hoping it doesn't go the way of the dodo", which is why I made the above mentioned suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

New KSP MA aOS version 2.3.0.6 available ...

What's new:

• Small fixes for GitHub and Curse SiteHandler.
  • Fix for 64bit exe detection.

Leave me your feedback :D

@All:
I'am sorry for my whining! I had a tough time and I shouldn't write posts when I'm in such a state. :blush:
My special appologies to @Dux Aquila for my finger pointing!
As a small reparation here a new offical version with some small fixes. 

Thanks to all who wrote to me! 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

GitHub ain't working anymore.

Any chance to get this fixed ?

Thanks

------EDIT------

with further examination I see that this problem may be from my internet connection, or something else

I'm sorry for the false alarm

Edited by basepart

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.