[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

KMA2_256.png

Welcome to KSP Mod Admin v2

KSP Mod Admin is a mod managing tool for KSP on any OS.
It provides simple and fast mod managing and keeps your mod collection up to date.

OK, no rocket science but it speed up the installation or removal of mods and so you will have more time to do rocket science :D.
It also let you choose which parts of a mod should be installed.

Downloads:

KSP Mod Admin AnyOS (win)
KSP Mod Admin AnyOS (linux & mac)

Get_KMA2_DownloadCountPic.php5

Screenshots:

ModSelection_v2.3.0.0.png

Features:

• KSP Version independent!
  • Localized: English, German, Russian, Italian, more are coming ... (contact me if you want to help)
  • Multi OS support: Win, Linux and Mac (via Mono-Project (see www.mono-project.com/))
  • Supports multiple installations of KSP. Change between different KSP installations with one click.
  • Support of ZIP-, RAR- and 7ZIP- mod archives.
  • Add mods or crafts with drag & drop, file selection or URL (Support of KSP Forum, Curse, CurseForge, SpaceDock, GitHub and BitBucket urls).
  • AVC Plugin version file detection.
  • Auto detects install folder for the mod (if possible the mod will be installed to the GameData folder).
  • Easy install destination control (for those cases the destination can't be auto detected).
  • Choose what to include, just by hook or unhook parts of a mod.
  • GameData scan for installed mods (they will be added to the mod selection if they aren't listed already).
  • Read text files of a mod by double click the files.
  • Update support:
    • for KSP Mod Admin.
    • for Mods (includes auto check for updates and auto install/update of outdated mods).
  • Conflict detection and easy conflict solving for files that are referenced by more than one mod.
  • Easy to use backup system. To backup your KSP saves or part customizations.
  • Part and craft management.
  • Flag management and import.
  • Plugin support for "3rd party" extensions (See KSPModAdmin.Translation.Plugin as a sample).
  • Project code included or on GitHub (VS2013 Solution - Language: C#).

Requirements:

Installation:

• Windows:
    • Install the .Net4.5 framework from Microsoft (Win7 or lower).
    • Just extract/copy the KSP Mod Admin folder from the zip to any location you want.
    • Start KSP Mod Admin ...
  • Mac:

• Install the Mono framework.
    • Just extract/copy the KSP Mod Admin folder from the zip to any location you want.
    • Start KSP Mod Admin via mono ...
  • Linux:

• Install the Mono framework. (by type "sudo apt-get install mono-complete" in your terminal)
    • Install Mozilla certificates. (by type "mozroots --sync --import" in your terminal)
    • Start KSP Mod Admin via mono ...

Known issues:

GitHub - Known issues

Wiki:

GitHub - Wiki

Issue tracker:

GitHub - Issue tracker

Special thanks to:

4o66, timmers_uk, Gribbleshnibit8, HubertNNN, diomedea, SVlad, TheAlmightyOS, cy-one, Stone Blue, Benzschwagel, TheCardinal, MrHanMan, Meatplow, MorisatoK, Reisu79, Jivaii, hiegova, craigmt1, LeadMagnet, Bergion, shadow651, Horman, cpottinger, Roger25000, zapman987, Pondafarr, ... any many more!

License:

Support me with a download from CurseForge (Code only!)

Or btn_donate_LG.gif =)

Feel free to contact me MacTee

Or visit the german thread.

Edited by MacTee

How to guide

Don't be afraid of this long "how to", the mod handling is quite easy, just hard to explain =)

General info:

KSP MA provides for almost all controls a ToolTip, try to hover over a button if its use isn't obvious.

"Short" usage description:

After you have started KSP MA aOS the first time and you have selected a KSP install folder and a language, KSP MA is ready to use.

Additional KSP paths:

You can add additional KSP install folders (if you have more then one) via Option Tab -> Path Tab.

KSP_MA_aOS-Additional_KSP_Paths.png

Add a mod:

There are several ways to add a mod to your ModSelection (the TreeView on the Mod Tab).

1. You can Drag & Drop a mod archive (.zip, .rar, .7zip or .craft) into the ModSelection.

2. With the "Add mod archive" button. You can chose a mod archive via a file browser dialog.

KSP_MA_aOS-Add_Mod_Archive_Button.png

3. With the KSP_MA_aOS-Add_Dialog_Button.png "Add dialog" button.

The "Add dialog" will pop up:

(If you add a mod the first time via URL you will be asked for a download folder, where KSP MA should place the downloaded mod).

KSP_MA_aOS-Add_Dialog.png

After you have (just) added a mod (and not installed already) it will be shown in the ModSelection like this:

(For this mod a install path was detected automatically)

KSP_MA_aOS-ModSelection.png

For some mods KSP MA can't detect a install path automatically they will be shown like this:

KSP_MA_aOS-ModSelection2.png

You can tell KSP MA to just dump such mods to the GameData folder with the "Fallback to GameData folder" option on the Option Tab -> Misc Tab:

KSP_MA_aOS-Destination_Detection_Options.png

But this is not recommended, cause it could lead to problems with the conflict detection.

Change mod destination:

You have to select a install folder for those mod manually by right clicking it and chose "Destination" -> "Select new destination":

KSP_MA_aOS-Select_New_Destination.png

This dialog will pop up to chose a new destination:

KSP_MA_aOS-Select_Destination_Dialog.png

Install a mod:

After you have added your mods:

You can chose which parts of a mod should be installed by checking or unchecking the CheckBoxes next to a mod file/folder.

KSP_MA_aOS-ModSelection3.png

When you are ready with the selection of parts of your mods you have to click the "Process all mods"

KSP_MA_aOS-Process_Mods_Buttons.png

This will start the installation or deinstallation of your mods.

Checked parts of a mod will be installed unchecked ones won't or will be deinstalled.

Now your mods are installed and ready to use in KSP.

You can change the part selection anytime you want, just remember to click the "Process all mods" button after you have changed the checked state of some mods / mod parts.

Remove a mod:

To remove a mod from KSP just uncheck it and press the precess button and the mod will be deinstalled, but stayes in the ModSelection.

To erase a mod from the ModSelection click the "Remove Mod" or "Remove all mods" button.

KSP_MA_aOS-Remove_Mods.png

KSP MA will uninstall the mod and removes it from the ModSelection.

Mod update check support:

The "Mod update check" and "Mod update" feature will only be available for mods that where added via URL or mods that provide a AVC version file with the needed informations.

To check for mod updates click the "Update check for all mods" button:

KSP_MA_aOS-Mod_Update_Check.png

KSP MA will then check for updates for all mods with a VersionControl.

If a mod is outdated it will be displayed in blue:

KSP_MA_aOS-Outdated_Mod.png

To update a mod click the "Update all outdated mods" button:

KSP_MA_aOS-Update_Mod.png

Auto mod update check configuration:

You can configure KSP MA aOS to automatically check for mod updates by the following settings:

KSP_MA_aOS-Update_Mod_Options.png

KSP Mod Admin update check configuration:

You can configure KSP MA aOS to automatically check for KSP Mod Admin aOs updates by the following settings:

KSP_MA_aOS-KSPMA_Update_Options.png

Import 1.4 KSPMA cfg to KMA²:

It seems, that a simple swapping of the Name and Key XmlAttributes in the old cfg file (from the KSP install folder), is enough.

Step by Step:

1. Copy the old KSP MA cfg file and rename it to KSPModAdmin_aOS.cfg
  2. Open the copy in your favorit text editor
  3. Remove the General nodes:
    <General>
    ...{some other settings}
    </General>

4. Use the Search & Replace function (ctrl + h) to rename Name=" to Name1="
  5. Use the Search & Replace function (ctrl + h) to rename Key=" to Name="
  6. Use the Search & Replace function (ctrl + h) to rename Name1=" to Key="
  7. Save and KMA² should be able to read the old cfg file.

Known issues:

After i start KSP MA i get the following error message:

"Unexpected runtime error: "An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed...""

This happens when windows has flaged the files of KSP MA as a web download.

You have to allow access to following files HtmlAgilityPack.dll, KSPModAdmin.Core.dll, Newtonsoft.Json.dll, SharpCompress.dll and plugins/KSPModAdmin.Translation.Plugin.dll manualy by

1. Right click the dll

2. Chose properties

3. Click "Unblock"

File_Property_Dialog.png

-> see StackOverflow article.

Edited by MacTee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all, congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

Amazing that you still have found the time to update this application.

I must say, you've done a superb job! This is a perfect way to use KSP and (all) the mods to the fullest!

Everyone has some parts which he or she likes the most and uses frequently. Now everyone can without having to add several parts which aren't used anyway. If you change the text on the button from "Lunch Kerbal Space Program" to "Launch Kerbal Space Program", it will be perfect.

The only real objection i have at the moment is "Why didn't i create that program". :wink:

First of all, congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

Amazing that you still have found the time to update this application.

I must say, you've done a superb job! This is a perfect way to use KSP and (all) the mods to the fullest!

Everyone has some parts which he or she likes the most and uses frequently. Now everyone can without having to add several parts which aren't used anyway. If you change the text on the button from "Lunch Kerbal Space Program" to "Launch Kerbal Space Program", it will be perfect.

The only real objection i have at the moment is "Why didn't i create that program". :wink:

Thank you!

And the button will be renamed in the next iteration ;)

Bug notification: Only the first Downloaded mod (with the browser) is placed in the chosen directory, the following mods are added to the KSPModAdmin directory.

thanks!

and fixed ...

On donwnload of non *.Zip files a MessageBox will popup.

In the next version *.craft files will be supported too.

One of the things i'm missing in the Mod Admin at the moment is a button to remove all the selection marks. At the present all the marks have to be removed one at a time.

Do you want a multi select for the Mod-Selection, so you can deinstal & remove more then 1 mod with 1 click?

Or do you meen a button to unhook all checkboxes of the Mod-Selection (this is already implemented check contextmenu)

• 2 weeks later...

v1.2.4

- Loading of older configs bug (v 1.2.3 only) fixed.

v1.2.3

-Crash during resize of window fixed - Thanks to Dave (sry cant answer you via email -> the adress seem to be broke)

Edited by MacTee

I'm getting the following unhandled exception when trying to select a new destination on an item in the root of an addon.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

I think i already fixed this bug in the next version (1.2.5 coming soon).

But to be sure can you give me the name of the addon please.

And maybe you remember which item causes the trouble. (was it a file or directory?)

MechJeb and Kerbal TV were the first I noticed it on. I just tested a bit more, and it looks like it does it everytime if you ever hit the select folder dialog. The next time you open it, I get that error.

Edited by MrHanMan

I've had the same problems previously but as everything seemed to work, i didn't give it much thought. However it now appears not all required mods are transferred. (That was a very expensive realisation as a very large spacestation i've been vanished due to a missing part.

I won't be using 1.2.4 anymore. If i can, i will go back to a previous version (or await 1.2.5)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.