[0.23][V1.5.6]Cabana Corp. Research & Development [03/02/14]

BananaDealer

Hmmm, seems that the .zip files are corrupted.

What archiver/compressor/exractor are you using to open the pack?

Works fine with WinRar and 7zip...

Make sure you've actually downloaded the thing and it hasn't just gotten stuck somewhere (happens sometimes on slow internet days...)

These are cool, aside from the fact that they could use some models. Other than that, you made ion engines playable! You also balanced the larger thrust with extremely high power consumption (good god, I had to use a nuclear reactor to power them!) and less specific impulse for the larger ones. The xenon intake reminds me of the Buzzard Ramjet concept that used a sort of large space ram intake, except it was a magnetic field hundreds (or maybe thousands, my memory escapes me) of miles in size. It was supposed to collect hydrogen, similar to your intake. The ions do have unrealistic amounts of thrust for an electric propulsion system, but hey, it's not like we were ever going to use them otherwise. I also like how probes can take samples and do more SCIENCE!

I'll be updating the Optional Config in a couple (once I see that everything's working properly) to include tweakables fixes for B9.

Thanks to Raven for actually putting these together.

@rdude71,

Thank you. The IONs are intended to be unbalanced precisely because of their unrealistic thrust. Though with Interstellar, I feel they are kind of unnecessary...

Models are an issue and as I've stated before- if anyone knows his way around the Blender (or what-have-you) and is willing to help, please do!

• 2 months later...
It is normal that the Squirrel have a consumption of 8800/sec electricity and 2900/sec Xenon? O.o if yes it is impossibile to use it :(

I've stated this before- ALL the ion engines are extremely unbalanced. That is intended as their thrust and specific impulse is also stupendous.

It's not "impossible" to use them, you just need an extremely large supply of electricity and xenon. The engines are also intended for use with the xenon intake.

• 3 months later...
i wonder if this mod is still being worked on? or at least if someone has tested it for 0.24 or the x64 version of kerbal?

Yes. I'm currently working on a sort of reboot.

The mod in its' current state works in .24 (both versions) since it's just experiment data and some parts.

I'm planning for a release of v2 some "soon". If everything goes as planned it's gonna include a bunch of custom contracts. that will implement the pack's experiments.

cool :D good to know then, i will download it , thought should be unbalanced for the budget system i assume with the parts.

Yeah... The ION engine prices are way off for the current budget system. Their ISP is probably off as well, compared to the "new" stock Ion engine.

I'm thinking of removing them with the v2 reboot anyway, since they're mostly unnecessary with Interstellar and all...

You can just go in the config files and edit them to something more affordable if you want to...

• 8 months later...

*This is a pre-recoded message from the office of Ban-Anad D'ealari, CEO*

Hello fellow SCIENCE-enthusiasts! Ban here to tell you- I'm back! I took a long break from KSP after 0.9 rolled out due to personal reasons. Well, put your panties back on cause the time of woe is over! I'll be bringing the Cabana Corp. back from the ashes, I found a really interesting book on resurrection I want to try out (zombie Kerbals may result from this, I don't know). Check back with the Cabana Corp. thread in a few days/a week (the process requires a marinated live chicken and I've yet to find one)!

Ban-Anad- out!

*End of message*

Edited by BananaDealer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still contemplating where I want to take this- parts or functionality (experiments, contracts, w/e).

For the time being- consider it Legacy. It works with 0.90, but I can't speak for 1.0+ since I'm not sure if there were any major changes to the science system.

Whatever the case, I still haven't found that live marinated chicken. My voodoo doctor, whom I keep on retainer, is also on a holiday to the Bermudas...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.