[0.23][V1.5.6]Cabana Corp. Research & Development [03/02/14]

BananaDealer

Cheat parts... cheat parts, everywhere.

You can say that regarding a lot of mods and parts packs, so what's your point?

Yes, the fuel scoop is broken. It's intended to be. But if you wanted unlimited fuel- there's the debug console, so you can't really say it's a "cheat". The XR-2 multi-intake functions inly in atmosphere, so that kinda balances it out (as well as the fact that the actual fuel/oxidizer flow from it is more of a trickle)...

The ION engines do drain a lot of Xenon and EC- even with several scoops/intakes, they'll still be going down... Plus, they can only be used in vacuum so you can't have them as your main lifter...

You can't really say the Wraith engines are "cheat parts" as they aren't that big of a thrust jump from the stock jets.

The ballast tanks I don't see as cheats... How is fine-tuning your CoM a cheat? It's the same as with fuel tanks, only you're not carrying so much weight around.

The PORK is a bit cheaty, but it's intended to be used for mainly aesthetic purposes. Yes, it does have the Intake Air capacity of 20 stock Ram intakes, but that's just like putting said 20 intakes... Airhogging is a "legit" practice, so why not have the same result with a bit more... sense. You don't really see fighter jets littered with a bunch of hypersonic intakes, do you now?

If it makes you feel better, I'll get rid of the fuel scoop...

I'm feeling some enmity here...

I'll continue working on this regardless, but I'd feel much better if I knew people were at least glancing at it...

<- Sad monkey...

I like these parts! :)

I don't see the ion engines as over-powered. They suck down A LOT of electricity and Xenon. Yes, the fuel scoop is an obvious 'cheater' part, but if people don't like it then don't use it. In general, I can't figure out why people have to hate on 'cheating.'

I have noticed btw that the smaller ion engines tend to um...explode...under full power, as though they can't handle the thrust. maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I wouldn't get rid of any parts. Let users decide what they don't want for their own installs.

Edited by aggressorblue

I'll continue working on this regardless, but I'd feel much better if I knew people were at least glancing at it...

<- Sad monkey...

Don't be disheartened, maybe try and get into modelling or something? There is only so much interest people can give to edited part.cfg files, mainly because anyone can edit those themselves in notepad,

and don't really require your mod to do that, me personally have never downloaded 1 single stock craft that has ever been uploaded here or on spaceport, but that's just me, I prefer to look for unique mods.

Don't be disheartened, maybe try and get into modelling or something? There is only so much interest people can give to edited part.cfg files, mainly because anyone can edit those themselves in notepad,

and don't really require your mod to do that, me personally have never downloaded 1 single stock craft that has ever been uploaded here or on spaceport, but that's just me, I prefer to look for unique mods.

My modelling skills are... well... Vacant, really...

Though I might fiddle round after my exams are over...

Thing is, I don't really see the need for "my" parts to look any different... I mean, there's only so many designs an overcharged hypersonic intake can have (for example), and I quite like how the stock one looks...

Edited by BananaDealer

Hey there, Ban-Anad- owner and sole proprietor of Cabana Corp R&D,

Coming with the next update will be Cabana Corp.'s, Thermopile thermo-electric generator! Patent pending. The generator will come in rover, two probe sizes and a stackable 2.5m version for your everyday rocket needs.

v0.04 will also see the end of Lynx and Mongoose lines of ION engines, and the arrival of the new, much more "efficient" (our PRs told us that word was important to use, read- less power, "better" resource use) Pegasus line. The Squirrel will remain as the work... rodent of the company.

This recent change most definitely did not come after several complaints by customers and pilots regarding a supposedly "inevitable" spin caused by the high Isp-to-thrust ratio of the ION engines and an issue related to installing them on nacelles, rather than on the main body of vessels. At first, PR tried to rule it as a feature, coining "artificial gravity" as a term but I would have none of that! I take my gravity organic! None of that "concentrate" stuff, ew...

This message brought to you by- Monkeys! Making up 90% of scientists and test pilots in the Cabana Corp. R&D's divisions.

Oh... PR wants me to say this for some reason...

Cabana Corp. engineers are always hard at work (almost a full day every week, not consecutively...) to improve on our products.

Well, this is all...

Ban-Anad out!

<- Sad monkey...

These aren't mods, they are cfg edits, which pretty much anybody can do with a text editor. They don't require any particular skill.

If you can't do 3D models, you might want to team up with someone who can, but be warned: anyone who can make 3D models can also do cfg edits and might not approve of the cheatiness of your parts.

These aren't mods, they are cfg edits, which pretty much anybody can do with a text editor. They don't require any particular skill.

If you can't do 3D models, you might want to team up with someone who can, but be warned: anyone who can make 3D models can also do cfg edits and might not approve of the cheatiness of your parts.

Ban-Anad here, owner and proprietor of Cabana Corp.

I know that, concerned customer! We would love to apply our own staff in making varied designs, yet monkeys with pencils has proven to be... a hazard not covered by our insurance (hence the Board-wide decision on using etch-a-sketch for any blueprints and note-keeping) . Be assured however, Cabana Corp. is doing everything it can in securing a stable outsourcing for design concepts.

As told before, Cabana Corp. engineers are putting their all into making all provided products as stable as possible.

Another message from PR- I am being assured, our monkey staff are apparently quite skilled in many fields, in their own way.

This is me, Ban-Anad- out!

*slams forehead into studio lighting fixture*

Dammit, who put that there?!

@Nukesnipe

Lol... I am still trying to figure out the balancing issues with the ION engines... As You've seen, I'm slowly phasing out the excessively powerful Lynx variants for lower thrust ones...

When have I ever said these parts are balanced? It's right on the tin!

I'm also looking into a practical application for the ballast tanks. Like... besides using them for ballast. Maybe using the water to externally cool engines (by jettisoning it from valves)?

Hey! Ban-Anad here!

Just letting you know that version 0.04 will be somewhat delayed due to our less-experienced monkeys losing some of their assigned etch-a-sketch tablets.

We will still try to make a new product release by the end of the week.

Ban-Anad, out!

0.20 compatibility has been added, though not fully. I still need to distribute the parts accordingly to sub-folders, but it all works fine.

Also added some bits and bobs here and there, check the change log.

Will add details for the "Pegasus"-type to the OP later (need to work now)...

Dear Mr. Ban-Anad,

thank you for your ongoing customer support! I only have one Question; is there any coincidence between buying your parts and the massiv vanishing of bananas in our base/rumbling in the air vents?

With Gratitude for your Work

Ratata (Senior Material Supervisor for the K-Evil Space Programm [Goatees mandatory!])

Dear Mr. Ban-Anad,

thank you for your ongoing customer support! I only have one Question; is there any coincidence between buying your parts and the massiv vanishing of bananas in our base/rumbling in the air vents?

With Gratitude for your Work

Ratata (Senior Material Supervisor for the K-Evil Space Programm [Goatees mandatory!])

Ban-Anad here, CEO and sole proprietor of Cabana Corp.!

It appears some of our employees might have trapped themselves into recent shipments of crates with our parts, while trying to nail the sides together. If any of our customers happen to find a stray Cabana Corp. employee in their shipment, they are encouraged to send them back to Cabana Corp. HQ, we'll take care of any mailing charges. Though they are entirely free to do with them as they please. Cabana Corp. employees actually make perfect test subjects due to their --...

... Oh? What? Ahemph... HR wants me to read this...

"Cabana Corp. and it's various divisions value the livelihood and skill set of each individual employee, yes apparently even Garry, and wants to assure it's workers that it by no means thinks of them as "expendable". The assurance of quality work environment is a top priority in Cabana Corp.!"

Ahem... That seems to be all...

Ban-Anad OUT!

... Yes, now you can turn it off... OFF! It's the damn button that says "OFF" on it!

*End of transmission*

Ban-Anad here!

Cabana Corp. and it's divisions are proud to welcome Cryocasm as our new Head of All Things Design! He'll be working extra close with our monkey staff to ensure the visual quality of our products! Please give him the welcome he deserves!

Well, I think that is all for now...

Ban-Anad Out!

• 4 months later...

Hey there, Ban-Anad here!

It's been a long hiatus, I know, but both my lawyers and psychiatrists (as well as my accountant) tell me it's time to come back! Don't worry, I've brought you a t-shirt from Havaii... Um... You wear XL, right?

Anyways, moving on! With the release of KSP .22 and the long-awaited career-mode, Cabana Corp. R&D has determined the situation right for explosive expansion of our current departments! Here are some of the new planned features to come:

Data Storage Drives!

Ever wish you didn't have to bring 10 Mystery Goo canisters with you on each mission, just so you can do 10 experiments in different environments and bring them back to Kerbin? Well, fret no more! Cabana Corp is currently exploring methods of storing data gathered in experiments in devices code-named "data drives", which would leave your equipment free for new experiments!

Expanded Probe Capabilities!

What are probes good for these days? I mean, why send a probe when you can send a Kerbal instead, with more scientific potential! The Misapplied Sciences Division of Cabana Corp. is currently overseeing several possible advancements in computing technology which would allow probes to complete tasks of equal or larger importance, compared to a crewed mission! This would make satellites less dependant on "external" equipment they may carry, like Goo containers and Material bays.

Expanded SCIENCE! Options!

Sure, Mystery Goo is interesting and those Material bays do give off enticing lights, but what else is there to do? Wouldn't you like to know what happens to a monkey should it be exposed to SPACE? And are Solar Rays really that bad? I mean, no one has actually seen one! Wouldn't you like to be the first?! Cabana Corp.'s various departments are all working together, devising interesting and fun ways to... er... "perform experiments" with the "assistance" of test subjects!

Tech-Three? Tech-WE!

All the current and any new parts and other features will be properly integrated into the standard tech-tree. The Occult Practices division is also looking into several possible expansions in various fields on the tree.

These features and more are to come, as and when the various departments of Cabana Corp. R&D submit their entries and ideas for the new version.

Hey there, Ban-Anad here!

It's been a long hiatus, I know, but both my lawyers and psychiatrists (as well as my accountant) tell me it's time to come back! Don't worry, I've brought you a t-shirt from Havaii... Um... You wear XL, right?

Anyways, moving on! With the release of KSP .22 and the long-awaited career-mode, Cabana Corp. R&D has determined the situation right for explosive expansion of our current departments! Here are some of the new planned features to come:

Data Storage Drives!

Ever wish you didn't have to bring 10 Mystery Goo canisters with you on each mission, just so you can do 10 experiments in different environments and bring them back to Kerbin? Well, fret no more! Cabana Corp is currently exploring methods of storing data gathered in experiments in devices code-named "data drives", which would leave your equipment free for new experiments!

Expanded Probe Capabilities!

What are probes good for these days? I mean, why send a probe when you can send a Kerbal instead, with more scientific potential! The Misapplied Sciences Division of Cabana Corp. is currently overseeing several possible advancements in computing technology which would allow probes to complete tasks of equal or larger importance, compared to a crewed mission! This would make satellites less dependant on "external" equipment they may carry, like Goo containers and Material bays.

Expanded SCIENCE! Options!

Sure, Mystery Goo is interesting and those Material bays do give off enticing lights, but what else is there to do? Wouldn't you like to know what happens to a monkey should it be exposed to SPACE? And are Solar Rays really that bad? I mean, no one has actually seen one! Wouldn't you like to be the first?! Cabana Corp.'s various departments are all working together, devising interesting and fun ways to... er... "perform experiments" with the "assistance" of test subjects!

Tech-Three? Tech-WE!

All the current and any new parts and other features will be properly integrated into the standard tech-tree. The Occult Practices division is also looking into several possible expansions in various fields on the tree.

These features and more are to come, as and when the various departments of Cabana Corp. R&D submit their entries and ideas for the new version.

Whoa this sounds super awesome!

Which 'cheaty' parts did you remove? The main reason I haven't tried this mod out was that some of your stuff was really really overpowered and/or not in line with what is usually expected in the game.

Check the changelog.

Removed the Fuel Scoop and the intakes that generate fuel.

I've kept the Xenon/MonoProp generating parts for use with the ION engines, which I don't believe are cheaty since they are very electricity-hungry...

In any case, once I get more skilled with coding, I'll add a separate node in the tech-tree for the large ION engines...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.