Trying to find the Orbital Colonization and Construction mod (Or something close)

Woolio1

So, before the forum disaster, I recall seeing a thread in one of the sections detailing a certain addon in development. It allowed construction of ships on other planets from a VAB that you could send to a planet, using resources like molten metal and such. It looked really interesting, and was set for a test release a few days before the forum crash. However, combing through the addons section, I've found nothing of the sort. Google returns nothing, as do Bing! and Yahoo. I'm beginning to doubt it ever actually existed in the first place, and it's driving me insane.

So... Does anybody remember that mod? Do you know what happened to it? Is it still being worked on, and can we expect a thread put back up sometime soon?

Or am I misremembering things, and it never actually existed at all?

That's exactly what I was looking for. Google's cache on that goes back to April 8, do you know if it continued past that point? Do you remember the author's username? Any way I could contact the guy?

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone remember WHO was the author of this, and is this person still/back on the Forum?

That would be Skykooler. He is indeed on the forums, except that I believe he's dropped the project. I intend to talk to him about getting the source code so I can clean it up and release it (with credit of course!).

That would be Skykooler. He is indeed on the forums, except that I believe he's dropped the project. I intend to talk to him about getting the source code so I can clean it up and release it (with credit of course!).

you sir are a god!!!!! I have been looking for this for AGES!!!!! gimme my laythe VAB¬!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.