Sign in to follow this  
Woolio1

Trying to find the Orbital Colonization and Construction mod (Or something close)

So, before the forum disaster, I recall seeing a thread in one of the sections detailing a certain addon in development. It allowed construction of ships on other planets from a VAB that you could send to a planet, using resources like molten metal and such. It looked really interesting, and was set for a test release a few days before the forum crash. However, combing through the addons section, I've found nothing of the sort. Google returns nothing, as do Bing! and Yahoo. I'm beginning to doubt it ever actually existed in the first place, and it's driving me insane.

So... Does anybody remember that mod? Do you know what happened to it? Is it still being worked on, and can we expect a thread put back up sometime soon?

Or am I misremembering things, and it never actually existed at all?

I don't recall ever hearing about such a mod. To be on the safe side you might want to request it in the requests section.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Google's cache on that goes back to April 8, do you know if it continued past that point? Do you remember the author's username? Any way I could contact the guy?

This isn't that mod, but I've fixed up Zorkinian's OrbitalConstruction mod to work in the latest version. It lets you build ships in orbit, provided you have launched enough Spare Parts first. You can find it here.

Except it isn't. Try again.

The actual name of the mod was Extraplanetary Space Centers.

does anyone remember WHO was the author of this, and is this person still/back on the Forum?

That would be Skykooler. He is indeed on the forums, except that I believe he's dropped the project. I intend to talk to him about getting the source code so I can clean it up and release it (with credit of course!).

That would be Skykooler. He is indeed on the forums, except that I believe he's dropped the project. I intend to talk to him about getting the source code so I can clean it up and release it (with credit of course!).

you sir are a god!!!!! I have been looking for this for AGES!!!!! gimme my laythe VAB¬!!!!!!