Project BABYLON

Tada

i like that one kinky ferrets good job :)

but i have made something that turned out very well it is a boat that is going to be tested a lot more (i have time saying we dont have a base yet). its range is just an estimate based on fuel consumption of a smaller length then i did some math (yes i checked it and i was amazed to) and came up with its range at 14,000,000 meters or 14,000 Km. it has a huge top speed (cant reach it for it goes to fast and breaks at around 100. but at 1/6 throttle it holds a nice 20 mph :D

have not tested laythe or developed any way to get it to laythe just a start to what will be a great way to rescue any lost kerbols (can rescue a kerbol and will develop one that can rescue more. it has about 150 parts (most are struts and wings).

tell me if the size is to big or small.

notice the speed and throttle

screenshot207.png

screenshot206.png

not going to post craft file because i just made it to day and know it has a lot of problems just want to show you guys something :)

i like that one kinky ferrets good job :)

but i have made something that turned out very well it is a boat that is going to be tested a lot more (i have time saying we dont have a base yet). its range is just an estimate based on fuel consumption of a smaller length then i did some math (yes i checked it and i was amazed to) and came up with its range at 14,000,000 meters or 14,000 Km. it has a huge top speed (cant reach it for it goes to fast and breaks at around 100. but at 1/6 throttle it holds a nice 20 mph :D

have not tested laythe or developed any way to get it to laythe just a start to what will be a great way to rescue any lost kerbols (can rescue a kerbol and will develop one that can rescue more. it has about 150 parts (most are struts and wings).

tell me if the size is to big or small.

notice the speed and throttle

screenshot207.png

screenshot206.png

not going to post craft file because i just made it to day and know it has a lot of problems just want to show you guys something :)

lol i got one as well but it's much bigger and it be an aircraft but it gets tricky when moving in water though too much thrust will just rip it apart.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/27631

Sorry for the delayed release, but ASX-II EURS is finally uploaded!

As I use ISRU mods like Kethane or HOME mod, I was initially going to upload it without provisions for independent tugs, but as Tada requested, it now has rearward docking port for tugs.

I still recommend to use at least ISRU mods, especially HOME admin module; it's always a better idea to have self-sustainability for colonies :)

But if you do not want use mods, you can still dock tugs into heat shield on LKO.

Just don't forget to deploy landing gears on landing, or rover wheels will burst and since the EURS has already high ground pressure, you CAN NOT repair wheels once over 6 wheels are burst simultaneously!

Edited by ssTALONps

Great job! I may have an alternative way of gettin this huge carco to Laythe - Huuuuuuuge spaceplane :D I ´ll start testing and making it work on weekend! Thank you!

I´ll also modify all our Laythe deployed vechicles for compatibility with this system.

Edited by Tada

I made a beacon-plane thingy!

3pIatTG.jpg

Stupid low fuel light...

aoDrpYy.jpg

Large land masses are nice and all...but I guess that lil' island will work too...

f9EBPVM.jpg

Dropping the extra weight and hitting the chutes...

baer2I1.jpg

9rE58Ye.jpg

And Beacon!

udGBVZF.jpg

Edited by 23278

YBTQkvZ.png

MrTLnSS.jpg

hkCXacG.jpg

54l8KF9.jpg

Just had a test run on Laythe with ARX-3 to test feasibility of surface-to-orbit refuel operations and to find optimal ascent procedures.

While this maybe not the case of yours, as you don't use ISRU mods, I thought this might give you some figures for managing limited fuel supplies :)

So I Hyperedited to Laythe orbit, brought down the ARX-3 into one of equatorial islands, burnt excessive fuel and touched down.

After filling up the Vulture with Hyperedit, I sat my target orbit as 90x90km equatorial orbit.

The result is greater then expected. The key to increased efficiency is to not engage 24-77s at all time, not to mention Laythe's thinner atmosphere and lower gravity.

Here is my ascent profile;

1. Rotate at 80m/s, pitch up to 60 deg, engage ASAS and initiate jet only ascent phase.
2. At altitudes of 10km, ignite LV-T30 by pressing 6.
3. At altitudes of 12km, disengage jet engines and close intakes by pressing 1 and 3 respectively.
4. At altitudes of 25km, pitch down to 40 deg.
5. At altitudes of 30km, pitch down to 20 deg.
6. At altitudes of 40km, pitch down to prograde vector and burn until desired AP is achieved.
7. ???
8. PROFIT!

Despite cutbacks in the defense budget (thank Kod), I feel that only having a couple of fighters in-system isn't doing much if someone takes exception to you dropping colonies.

So I think I can assist by providing a basic armament for anything with a docking port- the TSM-202A Tactical Smart Missile.

Essentially a probe core with solar panels, an RCS tank, a couple of thrusters, and a boost unit, the TSM ejects, lines up with the target via RCS, closes in, and then kicks in Seperatron boosters for a real punch. testing it, the Starwolf Corporation has discovered it can punch through most light armors and positively eats up any unarmored vessel. Due to the RCS system, it can be highly accurate in targeting, rendering a ship inert without killing it's crew. I'll post up a picture and .craft later today.

Comes in two versions- both Clamp-o-Tron and C-o-T jr. models. TSM-202A and TSM-202B, respectively.

ssTALONps: Thanks! I´m just waiting for supplies to be delivered to our Vall station and then I´ll start delivering SSTOs and colony pieces to ground. Vulture is gonna be used as an atmospheric/orbit capable fighter to provide security to our ground operations. Thank you for finding out the propper way to launch from Laythe - much work saved :)

The Error: Our missiles are pretty much standardised at the moment and I don´t wanna use any new ones because.

I´m currently working to make most of our Laythe based aircrafts compatible for ground refueling. Greatest problem was with Grif SAR (KV-2 Griffon by Zombiphylax) cause it was very delicate to balance, but I think I got it all right. It is a great small VTOL for SAR operations in 90km radius around base.

534901_4714241101974_1294205201_n.jpg

Edited by Tada

So more testing done - that Grif SAR has range of 220km, so it can go on 100km rescue missions and still return safely (20km given as a margin for take-off and landing). Very stable, easy to land, flies around 100m/s at a sea level.

It´ll be maybe used to travel between different colony locations intsead of planes.

But we´ve to figure out, how to get them to Laythe. They aren´t exactly SSTOs :D

Not hard at all! To be brutally honest it is totaly flyable without rebalancing!

I just moved the 2 girders just a tiny bit forward to keep original little bit to the back balance and as I consume fuel it shifts little bit forward to neutral hover and when you´re almost dry it is just tiny bit forward. I love it! BEST VTOL EVER!

EDIT:

Just a quick note - new save will come out on monday propably :) With a LOT of new stuff!

Edited by Tada

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.