Project BABYLON

Tada

It's not as bad as you think, it's actually only 186 parts:

mscg.jpg

I am currently working on a Temstar-class of ships on my savefile based on the Heliopolis (the above ship), a Colossus, two Olympus II Fuel Depots, four drone landers, four satellites, and eight medium docking ports for whatever else is needed.

Would you like me to make one of these on the Project Babylon Savefile?

I'm going to do a test mission tonight...

Massive ship that will need refueling (1 orange tank will be empty after I finish assembly), crew transfer, and will require me to design some probes (satellites and landers [if anyone has any that need transfer to Laythe for Babylon, post their craft files]) before I can launch the test.

It will end up between 500 and 1000 parts (estimating the part count... if anyone can check the Olympus and Zeus part count I can tell minus the drones).

A drop ship (to land the Colonists) is being tested, with the following statements:

1. No nuclear engines can land on Laythe

2. It is not reusable, and the colonists will require recovery after landing (designed to land nearby, with the ship crashing into the seas)

So, before I can send the Temstar, I need:

1. Base Location/ Locations marked

2. Habitation for the 134 Kerbals onboard

3. 4 Satellites (paired or all four are the same)

4. 4 Rovers/ Drone Landers (2 types of either one)

4. Drop ship orbiting Laythe (still in testing)

5. My tests finished

It may need to be refuelled before returning to Kerbin, or can be sent as a drone to orbit a moon of Jool until needed again

The Temstar is going to be

142 parts per Olympus

186 parts per Heliopolis

153 parts per Colossus

623 parts before any additional modules are docked to it...

My max (which I have used) is 1000, but I prefer under 750.

Not a lot can be docked to it, but it will bring some fuel (possibly a full Olympus) to Laythe...

how does that thing fit in there. and that ssto is amazing never seen anything like it

That on is a bit high. Worked fine on Kerbin when I tested to unload it on the runway, probably gravity that helped with the suspension but on Duna I had to try a few times so I didnt break the SSTO's rear upper fusulage sens they collided a bit so not realy recommended but its an Oversized load of 45T's. The one for Laythe will have a lower docking port at the center of the orange tank so not a problem with that one. I just have that port so I can refuel the SSTO if needed. It do not need refueling to get back but Im interested in jumpung from duna to other planets to do multiply hulls or delivery's.

Test 1 of the Temstar class failed...

It got hit by a satellite...

It also showed two major problems...

1. Having two Olympus modules is redundant, and too many parts. One is fine.

2. The connection between the two Olympus modules isn't stable enough with a sr. docking port.

Version two is currently under construction.

Quick heads up:

I have some time to work on project, so expect updates in following days! I also have got twitchTV account, so some live stream may be coming up as I solve my soundcard problems :)

Ok it's official that i'm the proyect's representative in youtube so cross you kerbally fingers:P

EDIT:Guys i've officially created Bayblon Industries to help the proyect and get us more organized,there are two positions vacant as design director , lead test pilot and proyect builder(proyect builder is multiple positions ) and more will be created when i get inspiration or suggestions made by you.

So search the thread made under the name Bayblon Industries in rocket builders sub-forums.

(Slogan still in the works and will match the flag)

Edited by DaserTheGamer
Creation of B.Ind.

I´m doing some testing of B9 aerospace pack, since we´re heavily relying on SSTO shuttles for transportation...

Any opinions on introducind this mod to project?

Its pretty easy getting in to orbit with jets with stock part from laythe. I got over to like 65km altitude on jets alone just by accelerating fast enough and jump out. Rest is done with a short nerva burn.

I personally prefer stock sens mods are not realy needed for a ssto spaceplanes.

Would not be hard to make an SSTO spaceplane that can do 3-4 trips on a single tank of fuel if all it hulls are kerbals. 1-2 should be easy with payload.

I would suggest that mods be allowed for crafts that are used to deliver payloads to Laythe. That way we dont need mods to load the save file. If you want some special engine for your rocket to get that part over there thats fine but as long as the crafts and payloads for laythe are stock there should be no problems.

Just an Idea.

I would suggest that mods be allowed for crafts that are used to deliver payloads to Laythe. That way we dont need mods to load the save file. If you want some special engine for your rocket to get that part over there thats fine but as long as the crafts and payloads for laythe are stock there should be no problems.

Just an Idea.

I can do that...

It wouldn't require me to mod, and would allow me to mess around with ships while delivering ~135 colonists into orbit :)

Just a little picture from my new tanker docked with a refueling rocket.

DN37Owl.png

That has roughly 34560 L of fuel and 42240 Oxidizer in the tanker (and 4100 L of RCS... didn't bring enough to restock it fully, as it needs a ton of RCS to dock :()

I'd love to add the massive Fuel Tanks from the spherical fuel tank mod, as pictured in the above photograph.

LiquidFuel – 17280

Oxidizer – 21120

Saves a lot of pain for massive fuel stations in the area around Laythe (I would recommend Vall or Tylo as a moon with massive orbiting fuel storage as a backup incase anything goes wrong around Laythe)

Edited by Windchild

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.