Project BABYLON

Tada

People are posting and checking so it cant be dead. But the author have not posted sense the 8:e according to the profile so if its dead thats why. Seems like a lot of people are just waiting for a go ahead. I have already built my own duna base while waiting and that was weeks ago now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yes they will work! Bring your space planes along!

Then jets are possibly the most economic way of getting mass to orbit I know of. VTOL of course with NERVA orbital engines. How much fuel is needed in orbit per launch?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I just runned kinda low on time and the updates totally destroyed all ground structures on Laythe ... :(

Im slowly getting into KSP back again... Maybe I will introduce something similar, but better organized :D It went little bit over my head :D

Well, thanks! I'm planning on making a Fat Sparrow Mk. II soon, the original failed my requirements of a ~51° at 73km orbit (It's where I have my ISS analogue), and I'd like to fix that. But let me know if you would like tweaking in one way or another, or think you have a mission parameter you need designed around.

• 1 month later...

Just quick heads up:

I have idea to restart Project BABYLON. Previous project was mainly relying on addition of resources in next patch, which didn´t happened and supply chain to Laythe was too long etc. Some of you suggested using Kethane mod and I was against it, but as time passed I ve tried B9 mod and Kethane and I must say I like them...

So what is general opinion on restarting this project with B9 pack + Kethane?

• 1 month later...

Any fans of Project BABYLON left?

Recently I´ve been going trough this topic with great nostalgia, sadly I didn´t had time to maintain the project due to my school + traveling duties. Plus the save file (all Laythe bases) got broken in update and it was just to hard to repair. But I wanted some kind of closure for the project, for all the people who provided the crafts, many hours of flying them into the space etc.

In near future I will present to you scenario for KSP 0.23 called:

Babylon: Derelict

It will feature redesigned locations, new ships and story to be uncovered.

Scenario is I would say 80% finished, just some final touches.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.