Project BABYLON

Tada

Ok, I will get to work. So this is basically a beacon for the colony. Will it require floodlights and power sources?

EDIT: I need to read more :P I see what it needs

Good news everyone I´m happy to say, that Damkina class mothership Prototype begins it´testing phase!

923313_4793345799542_219217779_n.jpg

Huge thanks goes to Temstar, whose ascent stages, engine clusters and so on are powering a lot of ships we´re going to use!

I´m fighting my computer a bit right now, so save file will be propably tommorow, but I´ll make that up for you - I will put more ships into orbit for all of you to begin your training with them for future missions!

Wow those are nice engine clusters. I may use a similar idea for the beacon. Also I was thinking. What if the colony was assembled on the ground by rovers. So each section has wheels so they can be moved by a tug rover and docked together? I think it would make the colony look better and it is nicer to have most things connected.

Wow, I like that design llamatoes.

Also how will the beacon get there? Will it be sent there on its own or as part of a large interplanetary ship?

Hey im pretty good at making capital class ships and it looks like no one is making this one do you think i could be on the team and help make the Light Cruiser “Mardukâ€Â

The current design of the "Candle of Babylon"

gTb0XwA.png

Tell me if you like it or want any of it different. I will be designing the launcher tomorrow.

EDIT: Another pic

qULt09U.jpg

just what i was thinking if you guys were to let me on to help with the project tell me if this is what your looking for in a cruiser

or if i need to make it smaller or bigger. if this is sorta what your looking for im not done yet and have only been working on it for 30 min screenshot13.png

brobel: You may as well try, but ber in mind it has to be Laythe capable, that means for a big ship at least 2 big orange tanks worth of fuel and 6-9 nuclear engines....

KD3: Nice design, it can has it own power or it can be towed, in next sava file I´ll put up tommorow there will be mothership all set for towing stuff to Laythe...

ROFLCopter64bit: We´ve 2 designated tankers already :) Not a problem there :) Focus on Saphire station and how to get it to Laythe - because departure time is closing in as it looks we have a working mothership!

llamatoes: Interesting design, but I tend to keep utility crafts as "utilitarian" as possible and this seems to be bit too much.

Ok guys, few teaser pics what to expect in next save file:

DCMS "Proto B"

Technical data:

6400 units of fuel

750 units of maneuvering RCS

2 atmospheric landing capable probes with enough delta-V to explore almost entire Jool system

8 contact probes

9 nuclear engines

5 large docking ports

62626_4794018256353_459303933_n.jpg

225667_4794018416357_625258460_n.jpg

164952_4794018336355_1427954443_n.jpg

Tanker Calf

Technical data:

1800 units of fuel

500 units of RCS

942630_4794018696364_1424001051_n.jpg

Here i think i have fixed all the problems with the cruiser

Specs

-8 nerva engines

-8 smart missles

-armored

-6802 Vm/s (more fuel than 2 orange tanks)

-504 parts

screenshot17.png

screenshot15.png

screenshot14.png

all i have left is getting it up into orbit and it will be finished. Tell me if you notice anything else that could be a problem or hints on the lift stage.(mechjeb on it will be removed for info on ship)

brobel: Well, it looks nice - so take a look at ascent stage and getting it into orbit, we can give it a try :)

Wait... : For that matter I would like to use Gladius by Macey dean - It can take 4 extra kerbals into hitchhiker container and it is equiped with parachutes to do the re-entry. But the range is quite short - just within orbit of Kerbin or Laythe. It would need mothership or something to go places. I think there is plenty of time to sort that out since we´re not trying to go Laythe yet :) Whole bunch of ships missing etc... But one day!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.