re-create real aircraft

the challenge is the name, make some kind of aircraft from modern day to the past and make it as realistic as possible.

any mods you want.

like this

TAsxTSt.jpg

xb-70

and this

jUwHSjz.jpg

sr-71

Best Aircraft

Kerbies_are_my_Minions - all of his planes

Captain Kalawang - Stratolaunch and Uav

flyin_ruski - Mig-17

Edited by duncan1297

I have a few. :D

Spitfire

gKfBivhh.jpg

uVSQMfYh.jpg

iKYWNSih.jpg

Horton 229

o29bDd4h.jpg

2ZkGEJMh.jpg

F-22

YD5BM4wh.png

csONktQh.jpg

and

SR-71

Louqj3Rh.png

qZZCl1P.png

B24

HK0XYc5.png

zEHoLW5.png

Does this count as a successfull water landing?! LoL

LRLEjUB.png

All fly beautifully, and all the smaller crafts are very agile. The Black Bird Handles really well too, but can not cut as tight of turns as the others. Speed vary acording to class, but are all clasified. :P

Edit: Here is a very bad quality 2 hour video of me doing some challenges. I'm sorry for the quality and no commentary. I talked for two hours not realizing that when my streaming software updated it didn't load my mic, or my video settings. I'll work on redoing some of those runs tomorrow if I have time.

http://www.twitch.tv/jasonlii/b/396659849

Edit: to add the B24

And here's a vid: http://www.twitch.tv/jasonlii/b/397113062

Ladies and Kermen, I give to you,

The Lag-Heed C-4 Galaxy.

waESZGA.png

XIEJfEk.jpg

and it's cargo hold

rM1b5Kz.jpg

FWzjpjj.jpg

As you can see it has a large hollow cargo hold. and the last pic is a view looking in through it's back door.

It really is a lag beast. But easy to fly. Very slow on the turns.

I didn't realize when I took the pics that inf fuel was on, but, each engine does get fuel and it burns about 1.5 -2.2 units of fuel a second. So no cheats need to be inable to fly it.

P-38j Lightning

340gbVe.jpg

1q4eq0C.png

Ah, what a great little agile dog fighter; and much light the real plane, can climb at a rate faster and for a longer period of time than the spitfire. This was it's winning factor. In a dog fight, it would climb vertically untill the plane chasing it stalled out, at which point it would nose dive after the stalled plane and blow it out of the sky.

Edited by Kerbies_are_my_Minions

Thank you. I really like them. right now I'm giving them payloads for the luft46 challenge, but maybe when I'm not so protective about them I'll put them in the space port. It's just hard for me to hand them out when they are kinda special to me. lol.

The spitfire was my second really successful plane. It has a very short take off distance and can get in the air at about 30-40m/s; very manuverable.

The Blackbird is the latest of my planes. It can fly with much lest thrust than it currently has, but I'm working on it for a trip around the globe by air, in when you have to stay within the lowest atmospheric color and I wanted to break the sound barier; maybe even go mach2. It will get that fast, but costs alot in fuel. It will easily do Mach3 at about 15k high. Currently I think it's the best looking Blackbird out there. :P but I'm biast.

The Horton-229 is by far the best dog fighter I have. It can be easy to lose control over, but when treated right it turn on a dime. I can cut a circle around the VAB between the dish and the SAB and keep the circle looping.

The F-22 was my first real success. It was my "AH-HAH" moment in making planes work well and look good. It is Fast, agile, and real fun to fly.

Here is a little bit of my fleet of aircraft. From the top left to bottom right; F-16 Viper, B-1B Lancer, F-4 Phantom II, F-15E Strike Eagle. They are all stock, and armed.

I also have replicas of the F-18 Hornet, KC-10, Boeing-737 and a AEW&C-737 Peace Eye, not shown here.

575508_10200793723272746_257330870_n.jpg

I'm going to get to work building a few of my own, I like this challenge and I don't feel like going to space today.

EDIT:

Ahem.. Ahem ahem... Two of my favorite planes of all time...

Also, these are both all stock.

3uujdmT.jpg

9QdcECp.jpg

A-10+Thunderbolt+II+by+asian+defence+%252817%2529.jpg

The Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog". A gun that had an airplane built around it, is actually a GAU-8 Avenger with wings. This gun can carry a heavy armament (not mine, but the real one. I don't believe in KSP weaponry) and can quite literally blow up tanks. It is low, slow, but really powerful. This KSP model is very hard to fly, as the position of the engines causes a strange center of thrust which makes the craft want to nose dive, even with avionics. Again, many nasty clipping tricks were used, but nothing seems to be structurally compromised. This plane takes off quite well and readily. And what would a replication of a gun be without the gun itself? Embedded into the nose of this faithful replica are several small probe fuel tanks and a radial engine that emits fire to simulate a gun firing, it can be toggled with action group 1. The engine also serves a dual-purpose of creating a retro-thrust when activated that actually slows the plane down, just like the real thing.

XzpWQy1.jpg

svivyid.jpg

f-104.jpg

The Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. A plane I have no idea why I like. It's old, outdated, and not all that remarkable in any one way, nor does it even look memorable. But for some reason, I adore the F-104.

My KSP version can easily fly stably at 20Km and reached about 1.1Km/s when I was flying it. Able to get re-entry flames. That fast. Single engine, as per the original, flies like an absolute dream but takes off like an elephant. Requires the bump at the end of the runway and a steady hand not to knock the engine off the back when taking off. Still, I think it turned out amazingly. The MkII cockpit is hidden somewhere inside of that black fake window, and the entire plane just uses a bunch of nasty clipping tricks in general to look how it does. Still, it flies well and seems not to have any issues.

Hmm.. I may do more of these, this was actually really fun. .craft files anyone?

Edited by M5000

Those look great M5000. I want to make 2 points:

1. I beleave the nose dove on your Warthog is do to how you have the thrusters mounted to the tapered tail section. This puts a slight angle downward to them that you can't find middle ground on. Try hiding some scafolding inside there to mount the engines to, then pop on your tail.

2. I think if you reversed the direction of you tail longer tail fin on your starfighter, and moved it all back, you could simulater the shape better.

2. I think if you reversed the direction of you tail longer tail fin on your starfighter, and moved it all back, you could simulater the shape better.

I could, but I used a different model to base it off of, I have a small model that sits on your desk or on a stand and it had a much more elongated tailfin than the ones shown in the pictures (the real pictures). I wonder if it was some later or earlier variant..

I made these things, I know the thunderbird isn't technically a real plane and the V-2 is a rocket, but I'm still fond of them :P4mmUAVe.jpg

V-2 taking off from launch pad

a>

V-1 Buzz bomb, pretty horrible to control but oh well, it isn't exactly designed for manouverability anyway! :P

HDCtuQE.png

this is the me-163 komet, which is pretty poor tbh considering it can only fly for a few minutes :/ but it is very agile and easy to fly

k5xZCYZ.png

this was meant to be the gloster meteor, but I'm not sure it looks perfect

1vkuIAd.png

and finally my pride and joy, Tunderbird 1, complete with vertical take-off capability and spotlight :D

xTcfcyC.png

KM7Am6d.png

Edited by legogromit007
additional tag

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.