KSP TV Streams

blspblackdeath

Something is up. My feeling is there is something going on back there. Maybe there close to a new release and want some media silent or something. I don't know. All I know; I find it pretty weird. I don't like that " afterward" excuses and bull****. But sadly they do it..

Yeah, your right. But still, there is something. I can't put my finger on it.. What is so hard about a little explanation post or update why there not broadcasting? Everything is better then just keeping a whole community in the dark. And then a Community Manager for gods sakes says: There's just nothing to report.. Very, very strange.

its just one of those things, i am sure they a dealing with the fallout from the DLC debacle, and any remaining troubles from the forum crash. Also with 3 weeks and a team as devoted as SQUAD is, there should be more to report than flags, map filtering, and loading times, I am sure there is something that they are not telling us. The best we can hope for is an official announcement, which seems not to be forthcoming.

KSP in the past haven't really geared the devblogs or ksptv to releases. Whatever is going on i sincerely dont believe it has to do with a new version coming out. That wouldnt make sense. I think we get new releases when harv thinks its ready.

I do think somethings going on though, Damion has been silent. Hes usually pretty involved with the community. Ever since the server problems he hasnt posted much. Before it was blamed on mods being busy over server problems, but what about now? Surely hes not working on the forums so much he cant spare some time on his usual weekly stuff. I kinda wonder how long it will be before its all back to normal.

i mean either DR got in a lot of trouble with the stream with the DLC thing, or he cought up in something huge in his life, normally the KSP facebook gets updated about once everyday, it has been silent since friday, and then before that it was the 22nd, i bet DR has been told to limit what he posts. I hope this means that there will be some great new feature that no one has any inkling about but they dont want to tell us until it is mostly done, I hope.

Maybe. But somehow i don't believe people in any firm would sit idly twiddling their thumbs when their server is going bonkers *shrugs* But what do i know about inner workings of game development team... Anyways, i'd like to think guys are elbows deep inside 0.20 update nearing completion, and they simply don't have time for trivialities. :D Let's wait a bit more before letting the anxiety run unchecked.

That's what I like to think--hopefully it's coming soon! :D

If I had to guess, I'd say the nothing-to-report-yet-but-stay-tuned vibe we've been getting relates to some sort of overhaul in the whole community management strategy. Maybe they are switching away from Twitch to something else. Maybe they have a new community manager. Maybe they are going to do a podcast (yes please!). I agree that the media blackout lately has been rather strange. I don't buy the argument that the server crash made them too busy. Nor that they are ramping up to 0.20. Before 0.18 was released we had a 48-hour stream! This is something else.

Regardless of the reasons behind all this, I don't think it would have killed them to post on the forums and on Facebook to say that there was no stream that day. Simply not showing up without a word just kills enthusiasm and discourages us from checking in on a Monday evening.

It's not maybe, it's already been said by one of the inside guys that there's an internal notice of "no KSPTV streams until further notice". It's just that it looks like telling us about it isn't that much of a priority.

Reaction Image
Reaction Image

Please play by the rules guys...

Section 3: Spam

A user shall not: Post nonsense, incomprehensible comments, which appear to not just be jargon.

A user shall not: Create a Post containing no real content, such as '+1!' or other single word responses.

A user shall not: Post reaction images alone.

I suspect they're still feeling a little burned over the DLC storm.. I know some of the comments were a little harsh and unwarranted but overall the twitch streams were a productive and open way of sharing what exactly they were upto/designing. As I said in another thread it may be helpful to clarify just what is in version 1.0 of KSP and what will be considered extra to that, as some people thought that they were being deprived of some part of the full game in the name of 'extra' content. That said though I doubt anyone at Squad is 100% certain of what exactly will be in the full game.

For the guys and gals at Squad though, don't let one bad experience taint everything you've accomplished so far. I think the way the criticisms have been responded to, including giving the dlcs away to customers who bought the game before the end of this month is a good call. Keep up the good work and keep in touch.

Please play by the rules guys...

Section 3: Spam

A user shall not: Post nonsense, incomprehensible comments, which appear to not just be jargon.

A user shall not: Create a Post containing no real content, such as '+1!' or other single word responses.

A user shall not: Post reaction images alone.

According to these rules your post was useless as well and spam. Or do you disagree, that you could also have submitted it via PM?.

I thought the DLC incident was harsh on Squad and may have cost them future earnings and us future expansions, because frankly who works for free?

I bought Kerbal on Steam a few weeks ago, i expected the game to be finished with new planets and features like career mode etc, up to the point where it could be called a solid, optimised and complete game but i never expected future DLC to be free, in fact i was excited about the thought of expansions despite not having much money to spend on games in general.

I don't know their reason for being quiet, but if they feel hurt and or surprised by how their community has treated them i would not be surprised in the slightest, neither could i blame them.

I thought the DLC incident was harsh on Squad and may have cost them future earnings and us future expansions, because frankly who works for free?

I bought Kerbal on Steam a few weeks ago, i expected the game to be finished with new planets and features like career mode etc, up to the point where it could be called a solid, optimised and complete game but i never expected future DLC to be free, in fact i was excited about the thought of expansions despite not having much money to spend on games in general.

I don't know their reason for being quiet, but if they feel hurt and or surprised by how their community has treated them i would not be surprised in the slightest, neither could i blame them.

I dont think the community had anything to do with that. It is probably some of those who bought it on steam that misunderstood. Anyone active in community should have known that any possible dlcs would not be free as they have made it clear many times that we would get free updates until the game had reached finished state.

The wording on the site and steam store could have been a bit more clear though, but it still amazes me how people would think that a DLC would be released for free.

so DR posted a vidoe on youtube of a plane he built. some one asked when KSP TV will return, he said no comment. I really think that the DEVs and CMs have been told to watch what they say becasue of the DLC thing and thus have cut down on communication with the community, And if any mods/devs see this the flags thing and map filtering is great, but small potatoes to resources and career mode.

I think You guys overreacting, there are still regular dev-blogs and what is the point of making streams before is anything new to show ?

There was long dev-talk only few weeks ago and everything has been told, so let this guys do their job peacefully and be patient :).

The point is not whether there is anying to show or not. The point is that the streams just stopped with no word of explanation or official announcement that they had stopped. As things stand we are left just to log in to Twitch on a Monday night and hope for the best. If streams have been cancelled until further notice because of unguarded comments over things like DLC, then why not just say so? If it's something else, tell us what. I really hate this whole "nothing's wrong, it's all just business as usual" line we are expected to swallow. The abrupt drop off in community interraction definitely isn't normal and by refusing to say anything about the reasons for it, Squad are just inviting wild speculation (which I admit I'm party to) and eroding their excellent reputation for community engagement.

Don't sulk Squad. Tell us what we did wrong.

I think You guys overreacting, there are still regular dev-blogs and what is the point of making streams before is anything new to show ?

There was long dev-talk only few weeks ago and everything has been told, so let this guys do their job peacefully and be patient :).

Dev blogs are nice, thats really cool that the devs tell us whats going on. However to the point of their is nothing new to show.....well thats new in itself. The fact that their is nothing to show has not stopped the stream in the past. Wed at least get something even if it was just random game play. The last word we have gotten is from DR himself "I give you the information I have, when I have it. :) -DR." Their is a usual stream on mondays and fridays, that was official from squad and had been routine for months. Suddenly it has stopped, which originally was blamed on the forum debacle...but now that thats been cleared up it seems like the streams still arnt coming. No word either way just crickets.

So many crickets that this thread has been up for a couple days and no official has commented about the status of the streams just comment that doesnt answer the actual question...."their is nothing new to show." Im surprised this hasnt been locked just because squad doesn't want to comment on it. All we wanna know is why the sudden shutout...seems like the routine is no longer happening. If the routine is still in effect that would be nice to know to because it hasnt been happening. If that makes sense.

I am very patient for the update, it could be a whole year before its released and id be happy; but im not really liking the new silence thats coming out of squads corner. Damion is usually right their telling us whats happening even if he has nothing to give. Playing with us and giving us challenges. Now it seems like all thats stopped. It seems like everything just has gotten so official. Capn isnt even doing his normal stream and that doesn't even release new information.

Ive been following KSP since before i joined the forums which was a while ago, this is by far the weirdest thing that has happened since usually their is an official comment on problems. Silent hasnt usually been around, especially a no comment... just an opinion.

So yea, sorry for rant. :blush:

to me the whole no comment thing screams that there were issues from the DLC thing and in trying not to cause a problem, the silence and no comment things says that instead of just being more careful in the streams they have stopped the streams.

another thing their whole we have nothing to show is BS from what the DEV blogs show... we have flags, and there should be a bunch of information about the peculiarities of resource mining and extraction...

I'm not too concerned for a couple of reasons.

1. There is usually a drop off in communications as they approach a release. it seems to happen every time.

2. If they are actually redoing how the game manages resources (models, sounds, fx, etc) that is a larger change then lets say adding wheels. It affects many things across many areas of the game. I don't know the details of their revision management software, but this might be one that breaks a lot of things in order to make it all better.

But I will say I am a bit disappointed that there has not been any official announcement. Oh well.

I don't blame the devs if they've decided to stop updating the community. It is better for them to have a bunch of people grumbling over no news for a bit and having to put up with dry, controlled dev-blog updates rather than have a major PR crisis occur overnight from one thing said during unscripted brainstorming on a live stream.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.