UJR - Universal Joystick Remapper. Fixes problems with sticks in KSP.

evilC

This program is great for combining axis from multiple joysticks...but it doesn't seem to solve the button problem. I have an x55 (recently acquired) and currently the buttons on the throttle are bound to the same buttons as on the joystick (not by choice...the keybinding configuration util for the x55 seems to suck). Example: I use the trigger to trigger my next stage....and I'd like to use the thumb button on the joystick to control the brakes....but that button also triggers the button0 command...launching the next stage...as they are both button 0. I know that I can go in and edit the config file...but that only seems to work for the axis....there is no distinguishing between joysticks with the buttons, is there? It is not picking up the combination of the two controllers in the virtual joystick....only the physical controllers. Is there any way to fix this? Starting the game without the joysticks connected and then plugging them in does not seem to work.

KSP's joystick support is AWFUL, so I would not base ANY assumptions on behavior you see in KSP.

Download DIView from here and check which stick is sending what: http://www.leobodnar.com/files/DIView.zip

Chances are that the stick and throttle appear under windows as two devices. KSP has no concept of Joystick 1 / Joystick 2 when it comes to buttons, so stick 1 button 1 is just the same to KSP as stick 2 button 1.

You probably want to use AFBW to sort your stick issues under KSP.

• 3 months later...

evilC, I read your recommendation in the AFBW thread. I've been using UJR for several months with my old joystick (had some issues with the throttle control not being recognised entirely). Just went here to say thank you!, it's a wonderful program that helped me before. The difference now with my X-55 is that I miss a lot of buttons and to be honest, it's against my will to use third party programs to set a damn joystick in a space/fly game!!!, dammit!

Anyway, thanks for the very nice software :-), if things don't change, i'll configure it for my x-55 !

cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hey, I was trying to set this up to use with both KSP and BF4, but UJR is saying that I've got an old version of vJoy. I've got version 2.0.5, which required jumping through some hoops to get to, by the way: http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/ is a dead page at the moment. What gives? Is that actually an old version?

Edited by Tahvohck
Took forever to notice a typo.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like this has stopped working for me again since upgrading to Windows 10. The program will run fine, but it's not detecting any of my joystick inputs. Is this a thing you're aware of/do you have a fix for it? It's probably worth noting that joy.cpl doesn't see anything for them either, but all of my games read them fine.

Yeah, had a bunch of reports of issues with Win10, but mainly to do with it not being able to connect to vJoy.

I still haven't installed it myself, and I just started a new job, so my time to investigate is very limited.

Do you have AutoHotkey installed?

If so, try running the following AHK script:

2Joy1::
soundbeep
return

This code should beep when you press button 1 on stick 2.

If stick 2 is not connected, you can change the 2 to another number.

To find out your stick IDs, you can use PJP's JoyIDs.

If that works, then there is nothing inherently stopping UJR from working, it will be an issue with my code.

If it doesn't, then there is a fundamental issue with AHK recognizing joystick input and will probably be an AHK issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.