Live Stream: The Kerbin Mission, Kerbin Academy...and other stuff !

Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

So I been lookin at part model building; doable but complicated.

I gonna go ahead and use MKS/USI parts for my process containers (for now).

I have my multi-process generator...the first stage of waste recycling is done...now that I have core processes in place the rest shouldnt take too long.

I may have a time issue coming up; I will be around but if I suddenly am not around, just know I will be back at some point.

My time will be such that I may not have much time before spring hits and I am gonna have a crapload of stuff to do; I wanna play this game !

At least just reporting resources are in place; stock scanning is sufficient and needs some tweaking; resources processes are being imported (I spent several weeks gettng the resource game built and it is already done !).

I do not use USI for main resource processing; I will have a flow chart on my website soon; even I am getting lost in it !

I need to get my drills working, maybe load up part of OPM; get the weather in place, and I am good to go !

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So...I discovered I had my liquid gas to refridgerent a but backwards...the result was using more resources up, not leaving less !

But hopefully it was only one process.

Looking at game units...not focusing on density but ensuring the test element densities are correct.

Water is 1000 kg/m3 = 1 metric tonne.

1 cubic meter is equal to 1000 liter, or 1000 kilogram [water].

Game uses 0.001 in common resources to equate correct tonnage.

I am going to edit this for some results in game.

I will import the greenhouse data to Tac Life process.

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendums

Greetings,

Cant talk much...resource processes are working and being tweaked live ... all is going good ... wish I had more viewers ... I usually stream at night EST but cant use MIC.

The Tac Life recyclers are not good; replacing them tomorrow nite with extractors which do all the filtering and recycling; I also use different part models for them as well. I hope to do some part modelling.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So I been tired lately ... you sleep too much and it seems to make it worse ... I dont have a good sleep schedule lately.

I been doing some progress on resource rate figurin...all is goin well...abit slow...kind of fun.

This week is goin faster than I thought.

I wanted to stream some part building; I aint very good at it; once you start working with models it is best to keep a ball rollin or you will forget how to do it. One can use Blender, Photoshop, and Unity for import/export.

It is fun when you get the hang of it.

I am not sure if I will stream anything tonite...I plan on watching others stream tonite for a bit. Take a little time off and support your streamers.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

My website has an important Resource Process Update - Check it out !

I will be doing more part design fun with Blender tonite.

We need a metal building that can work in space as well as on planets...INFLATABLES WILL NOT WORK due to potential micrometeorite damage on long space trips.

Hop over tonite if you arnt too busy ... I should be up in a couple hours.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

Today I will be working on part design again; more of learning how to use Blender and how to get a basic part into KSP !! I will try not to focus too much on the part layout and get the thing imported !!

From there at least I will have a work flow; I understand about half of what I need to do.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

Today...we are almost able to export a part to KSP - still no luck...not sure if I have a texture or cfg problem but eventually we will figure it out.

Also dont know about the connection nodes or how they get added; I dont know why the part isnt loading yet; that's our stream on and off all day til we get it right.

I have my idea for the space station BIO and MED labs, and idea for the space station itself; especially since no one has done it yet ! Now if I can only figure out how to export parts !

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

In my streams there may be occasions where I am not at the keyboard due to personal issues at home.

Tonite...I am gonna try to finalize part sizing and scaling and orientation an such for KSP models. I have relearned Blender and Unity and am gonna work on a preliminary design for the BIO LABs !

Cmdr Zeta

Greetings,

So...there are 2 ways to make mesh colliders...1) in Blender (easy) 2) in Unity (vertex limitations?). Question is which one...maybe it doesnt matter; we are trying Blender for ease of use.

My parts are too small or non-existent; I dunno why...I am gonna try again tonite...

Cmdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.