Live Stream: The Kerbin Mission, Kerbin Academy...and other stuff !

Cdr_Zeta

Hi,

I am back finally almost back that is !

I am streamin but only come over if yer bored haha !

I aint bored but I had major issues with my computer - I had to reinstall windows 7 like twice over the weekend - ffsplit doesnt work now for mw so I am tryin OBS - c'mon over if you wanna see me work on setting up my stream - I am just messin around with setups - I wont be running the ARG mission until tonite until everything is stable - I tried OBS before and didnt like it - now it is looking better then ffsplit - not to put it down or anything - I saw the blogs on the ffsplit development - kind of buggy sorry to say but hey its free and if it works for people its a great program - it served me well til I couldnt install it on the rewind.

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

Hopefully I shud be on tonite and get my misssions goin again - trouble is tho I am running v20 for a little bit cause I really want to get the ARG mission in - the outlook is good for tonite ! Should be fun !

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typos

Hello From the KSC:

Space Station Mission Support launch in honor of the successful Earth Progress Mission(s) - Newly named is the KISS for Kerbin International Space Station and the supply missions for it called the "KISSUP" Missions.

Launch in about 15 to 20 minutes ...there will be some accelerations of time as allowed...

Version 20 used...no upgrades supported at this time...

Look for a wonderful flights and docking...

Wish the mission good luck !

Cdr Zeta

From the KSC

Mission success and rollin on to dock with the second module to bring it back to the station...I will save the vid. Altho it was all done by autopilot, it was very efficient and AWESOME ! TOTALY AWESOME - THANK YOU MECHJEB !

KSC Offices

Howdi,

I have been taking a break from KSP; wanting to run the new version but am using v20 due to ease of use and time constraints.

Mission data will eventually be ported over without adding stream info.

I seem to be on a land of dragons an such lately and am finding it somewhat challenging but fun to some extent for what it is.

I discovered the mechjeb docking and rendezvous automation systems - I like them and intend to use them for now; I just am feeling abit behind the times with KSP; no worries I will learn to fly manual all in good time ! Launches are manual for the most part and am learning manual operations as I go.

The automation systems help me to learn that as well so I can throw in damages etc to the mix for Roleplay fun; but at the same time I want to play the game and excel here as well.

I still have alot to learn; remote ops/comms; mapsatting...lots of good stuff here.

Tonite I will join up our (wait!!)....OUR Kerbal Space Engineers will join up our space station hubs and get ready for an ARG event tomorrow !!!

Please go to the ARG thread and chime in there to see if you can guess what the event will be ! One hint was already posted.

This is what ARG's are about: community gaming; not just me.

Today I am hunting dragons an such so if you want to pop over feel free...ya never know when some ARG Space Info will surface, revealing secrets of ARG missions etc !!!

Any ARG secrets revealed in any videos will not be saved (!); they may in fact be deleted after the live stream !

Commander Zeta (me !) is beginning to receive messages on his comms every so often since 4 of the 5 nano-mags have been placed. As you know the 5th one may have also been placed by an unknown entity, causing some minor unexpected disturbances in the TSCTW still; but the system is more stable and cannot be hacked into as the TSCTW has already been aligned b the GSC once each nano-mag is installed; after a section is aligned the nano-mag serves no further purpose!

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typos

Howdi,

It's pretty much as is from the last few posts here and on the mission/arg threads as far as where I am . Sadly I am running v.20 for now until the end of the week.

The last few months have been very tiring, somewhat hectic, dealing with home health issues. I have had some personal problems some of which I did not want to take care of, but finally I have done some things around here that I never thought would happen; like my man-cave.

I still have a bunch of personal stuff to do at home and it will be a long road for me; but I have a place to relax and stream videos; KSP has brought me thus far and will continue to do so.

I have to 'play' other games so I dont get burnt out, and I see that happening here with KSP, that is why I elected to run KSP Roleplay and the ARG missions; this is great stuff and I enjoy it alot. It would be just more fun if people would chime in the ARG missions to guess what is going on.

The last attempt was to give someone a chance to offer their module for our Kerbal Space Station, and they had to guess what the ARG was (the launch of HTV-4); it was very last minute; but the idea was there for 15 minutes haha!

I will try to give a week's notice or so. The ARG event will be live streamed starting 0500hrs EST this Friday.

It should be easy to figure out what it is; if someone does and reports it in the ARG thread, they win a chance to get a module of theirs up to our station; it has to be small tho; maybe a stock or similar; I am hoping I can apply a LOGO to it for recognition; that module will be launched at a later date, maybe in v21.

Good Luck!

I may stream KSP tonite - I was thinking of sending up a probe maybe to get a close Kerbol encounter. If I get 5+ viewers I might; just might; otherwise I am chasin dragons on the stream haha!

Cdr Zeta, currently lost in space with Commander Bill Kerman taking charge at the Kerbin KSC.

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Due to RCS Fuel problems we need to send up a second ship to rescue the cargo ship and try to get it docked to the station.

Due to major lag problems, we wernt able to complete the mission, so the second rescue ship goes up tonite.

The error anamoly was verified not to exist on the ground so we try again to launch...

Launch Commander Bill Kerman Presiding ...

Howdi,

I will be streaming my Zeta Cave, working on building up some cmputers if I am lucky enough, testing out power supplies, and trying to setup a thermal test procedure for cpu's cause I got a new one coming in and I want to check this area of thermodynamincs out; I happen to know where my college book is too haha!

You can read a better synopsis here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/46653-Cdr-Zeta-s-Alien-and-Electronic-Pusuits-Thread-!

I will post my stream info up there in more detail.

Wish me luck ...

Cdr Zeta

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

As you may or may not know I have had some computer problems; I am waiting on some memory for my 6core computer; thus I cant really stream KSP or many fast and memory intensive MMO games; streaming really uses alot of CPU and that in turn heats up the CPU perety good.

If it wasnt for KSP I wouldnt have even thought about streaming ! KSP Rocks and I cant wait to get back online and stream this awesome game.

As it turns out, I seem to have applied for MARS ONE - yeah - I am going to Mars !!??

So I am kinda lookin for support; I dont know how far I will get in the application process but I hope to at least get my application video up so you all can vote for me !

As for tonite my KSP space engineers are on strike; and I am kinda on KSP-burnout; so I am streaming other games that I can stream okay (Starmade isnt one of them as that game 'really' eats up memory; it will be a kind of benchmark program for my streaming probly !)

I think I was streaming KSP when my QuadCore computer died; yeah I think the CPU overheated streaming KSP; this time I got some CPU monitoring programs; my Dualcore here is running 50deg C which is hot in my opinion at 98-100% useage streaming.

I am gonna try to setup my guitar and stream some music so if yer bored and wanna take a break from 'games' hop on over to the Zeta Cave stream !

Thanks !

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Howdi KSP Fans !

No I havnt forgot about you since my KSP Stream killed my CPU and motherboard ...naw .. we just waitin to get a faster computer :)

As such we have to stream less intensive games....

Hop on over if yer bored I am checkin out a MMO ...

PS WIll someone please PM me how to edit my SIG LOL - Thanks !

Zeta Dude

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Well I wasnt planning on it and the actual stream may not take place depending on my computer load.

This will be an ARG event !

The winner must name the event in order to have a copy of their module connected to our space station !

The answer must be given after 20 minutes exactly on a countdown to launch at approx 2327 EST tonite - ya - like 2 hours from now !

Operations to begin 1 hour prior to launch (of the ARG not necessarily the news, or some other stuff) ...

Clues...hmmm

One clue already given...wait, 2 clues already given...

Clue 3:

Standing tall with fire in hand,

She looks afar not over land,

One of proper attire is she,

And this would be, my _____________________________________________________________?

Harr !

Cdr Zeta

Due to my unwillingness to wait (haha - ugh !) I am starting the ARG now... I just found out that the 'liveliness' of the mission aint gonna be so lively HAHA !

Oh well I am a gonna do it anyways !

First one on Twitch with the winning anser before I launch (!) gets to have their little module added to our space station to commerate yer efforts to the cause !!

Cdr Zeta - Still lost in space BTW !

• 3 weeks later...

Update !

I have been checking out other single and multiplayer games and MMOs aout there - me bein a space nut I am kinda leanin if you know what I mean.

I wont mention any games here except to say this: KSP Knocks The Socks Off For The Game That It Is !

KSP is the only game with kool graphics where you can build things then fly them; the only problem is the memory and CPU useage; the Unity engine may be a CPU hog I dunno; all I know is when I stream Starmade my CPU, Motherboard, AND 550 watt Supply Blew; Starmade is the same way but more so I think; I was streaming also and I found that live streaming hikes up the CPU to 100% or even more and pops up the CPU temp 10Deg C; just for streaming !

Needless to say I am more conscientious about CPU temps now; especially with the new 6 Core I am building up tonite; I probly wont be using it but I want to get it setup and ready to break in; I am running a little test as well before I build up the computer; c'mon over and check it out!

I will using new CPU temp monitoring programs now; I will let you all know how I am doing on the stream setting up for your benefits (!): Building a 6 Core CPU Computer (AMD no less but hey it was still expensive; I still need a water cooler and 2 SLI DX11+ graphics cards; all told I am looking at $800:

6 Core FX AMD

M5A99 Pro or somethin lol I forget

1866 DDR3 - 2 ea 16G total - not approved but almost; the approved ones were a set of 4x4; I want to OC the memory if that is possible later on and to do that I need a set of 2; I was told a set of 4 cannot be overclocked if there is such a thing; no matter 1866 will be plenty for me; I am running 200ddr2 no lol and that does me pretty good; barely for streaming but the cpu is running hot

Wish me luck !

(PS: I didnt know KSPTV now has streamers up; way kool; so I dont expect too many visitors live but I will be saving my videos you can check them out later! Thanks!)

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
added my link; added a note

Hello.

Tonite is the second in a short series of setting up my new 6 core computer (to stream KSP of course) (and other mmos yadayada haha).

Tonite is basic BIOS setup screens and infos; I wont be flashing it; my heatsink fan is minimul it seems and I may try my other one for benchmarking the cpu temps.

If you can t hop on over to see it live please check the videos; they will be informative and somewhat entertaining !

Cdr Zeta

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I dont really have any other place to put this it might as well be here...

I am sort of waiting on v22 and associated mods for it...

I had problems running v21 then my computer quad core no less crashed took out CPU motherboard AND power supply...cant remember if I was streaming KSP or Starmade (a take off from Minecraft)...both seemingly memory intensive programs to some extent, however runnning these programs as well as streaming them was the needle that broke my haystack...

So yeah, streaming is VERY CPU intensive, memory intensive, etc...

With this in mind I am running my 6Core finally but only with stock coolers; I have yet to try a slightly larger one, and my SSD is not accepting Windows 7 OS - it seems to be freezing on dotnet 4(4.5) and my harddive running Win7 which I am on now seems to be running just fine; some kind of memory glitch I havnt a clue yet; I am running IDE mode on the SSD so I dunno if switching to AHCI as it is called (or such) which makes it faster will help; I dont believe this but I could be wrong.

I am thinking in order to stream effectively and keep the temps and cpu useage down, I need a better coolong system (for a 100 bukks you can get into liquid cooling; just cant get there yet)...

I want to get dual SLI cards for DX11 and need a 1000W power supply; I cant risk losing what I got so streaming is on a delicate stance.

I have not tried KSP yet I am still working bugs on my drives and Win7; getting there though !

My Hotpoint dryer of less than a frikin year crapped out and a few other problems I got to attend to at home; all in a days work ya like weeks for me haha !!!

I am really hopeful for v22 and man the MODS and the updates and 3rd party programs - this community is awesome; the game is awesome cause it's quiet; I miss it.

I may drop back to v18/20 and run some comparisons on my new computer; I have v21 but I am skipping it for now; there are 'other' games out there I need to attend to haha...

I do however stream on occasion; probly not tonite; but I stream things such as me on guitar jamming to other music and even my own creations which I hope to do in the near future; I stream some electronics and computer programming stuff later on; be sure to add me you never know what you may find me doing; I do miss KSP.

I was just really hoping my SSD would really kick butt for me and so far; ZILCH I am not too happy with it; XP kicks butt on it on my dual core though ya it would wouldnt it haha !

I am happy to see other KSP streamers; it is fun to watch others and do other things so you dont get too bogged down on 'one' thing; variety is a spice of life and it neat that KSP has variety in and of itself !

Good Luck Streamers and wish me luck too ! I Shall Return I Hope !

Cmdr Zeta, lost in space as usual haha !!

PS: Check the lone renegade planet they discovered in the infrared !

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

Hello,

Well I got the courage to swap out the stock coolers and it turns out the original stock cooler works better - by almost 10deg C !? Ya tell me - what I thought was gonna work better cause it is bigger with more fins; did worse. Part of the reason also is the fan on the larger cooler ran only half as fast around 2280rpm compared to 4500+ on the one that came with the 6core; I will run up a stream on showing you my results and the differences in the coolers. Streaming it was running at 45dec C on the bigger cooler; around 38deg C on the newer one. I may have a tip on stock coolers you wont wanna miss; but only on my stream; harr harr !

I will be putting the new one back tomorrow as well as replacing it with the new silver thermal paste; I will also be testing out 6 cores after it settles in hopefully it goes back...

I been catching KSPTV streams; have you?! Harr...KSC to Cdr Zeta - we need you back here !

Cdr Zeta has been found and is enroute to KSC relaying command data to KSC along the way.

It seems as tho...wait...we expect streams on this new info soon...

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

Due to possible changes, there is a good possibility that the Live Streams will now be held here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-zeta-streams

It is possible that many of my early flights and mission video logs have been destroyed.

I have become very upset at the whole mess in Twitch not allowing certain 'production' techniques not being able to be used; they said I was not streaming a game; many 'gamers' who stream on Twitch are not very polite as well and due to the exposure of harsh language and people telling other people what to do on Twitch streams, I am moving to UStream where I can do exaclty what I want to do and stream exactly how I want to stream.

Twitch IS NOT ROLEPLAY friendly; and if you roleplay games there you will most likely get banned. I do not care to be in such an atmosphere of biligerant people over there when all they do is talk about everything except the game and blab on skype; therefore I will not be watching any Twitch streams anymore due to this harsh and rash behavior.

I will now be able to do productional Roleplay the way I want; as well as stream other events on UStream as well - oh ya and you might find my other streaming channels over there amusing, or interesting; that is just me and it is what I do! Feel free to watch my other channels as well...but for now, I am ready to get back to streaming...Kerbal Space Program...

I will setup events over there as well as try to schedule them here.

I have not decided which way to go - Sandbox, or Science, due to the MODS availability in Science; I would have to research it; however Roleplay wise; I may go both ways !!! We could use Science as the stages for the Kerbal Space Simulator and Kerbal Academy; where nothing is ' REAL ' and is only simulation; I will exemplify this in the streams; that way I can use Sandbox as the REAL DEAL !

Let's see how the new UStream home works; unfortunately streams there only last less than 30 days; I will have to try and keep streams under 15 minutes as well as Youtube only allow 15 minutes stream saves unless I have a channel over there that was grandfathered; honestly I dont feel like calling them and giving them my phone number; I may get a free cell tho; I may use that I dunno.

The happy holidays are around the corner as well so for the next week or so there will be a few dampers put on everything.

I am glad to say I am back...I also may try to get " Oribtal Simulator " working; that baby is TOUGH !

So wish me luck here...please...I need all the support I can get these days after what I feel was some harrassment on Twitch; but I am over it; and over Eve Online as well; I never should have gone back there nuff said.

In general, look for me streaming every night; but I may not be on the above channel; I have 2 others there you can look them up if anyone's interested; I finally hope to play my guitar and some music now; I just dont know how my streams are gonna work.

I could also pay $10 a month to keep them on UStream; this might work but I am lookin at a couple of game subs as well and I only have so much $$ to go around.

I also know that most of you all now are pretty verse in KPS; I am not but I am learning and I dont want any spoilers ! If I need any help I am sure I can find it on my own !

I also try to stream such that it is always a learning process for me; so I do tend to talk about how I do things; it doesnt mean any of it is right or is the best way to go; but it is a way for others to see how I learn; I am 50+ as well and feel young enough to learn most anything; this game, or SIMULATOR, does very well for me in that respect, let alone provide creativity that is quite unmatched in any game out there.

Wish me luck; give me a couple weeks for regular programming...!

(Edit: I do plan on watching KSP streams tho; as long as Skype users and chatters talk about the KSP and not play other MMOS while the streamer is streaming; it is just annoying; if they do that that is fine but I dont have to listen to it; not picking on KSP streamers tho I have heard it going on; just be careful Twitch support isnt too supportive and they will ban instantly and not give anyone a chance to solve a stream video issue)

Commander Zeta :cool:

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Greetings,

Cmdr Zeta here, lost in Kerbin Space somewhere but able to have communications now relayed to the Kerbal Science Teams and Space Engineers.

With Kerbin Academy well underway, I have decided to issue a restart and resend the main engineering teams back thru the courses to make sure everything is in order.

They have completed the new buildings and planning stages of the Science Simulator.

Both the Science and Academy SIMULATORS are now ' OFF GRID ' even with backup systems and redundant power capabilities to insure smooth operations; there is still some COMSEC work needing to be done.

Today marks a new beginning; we are not totally sure what will transpire, and our formats are not quite yet in place.

Activities will begin now and run thru-out the day and night Earth Sunday Dec 22 EST time for several hours.

A review of Earth NASA launches will take place as well as Kerbin Space Station (KISS+ Kerbin International Space Station) re-assessment, development, and launch capabilities. This will require a few hours of testing the various new systems redesigned by our space engineers, which may also occur tonite.

Certain missions streams on Twitch may have been lost...we will be re-running these missions live !

Our new streaming site is at:

Now while there may be other ' game streams ' on that site, you may have to sift thru the riff raff to find the KSP vids...such is the way.

Wish me and our Kerbal Space Engineers a new beginning.

Cmdr Zeta :cool:

Howdi,

In the spirit of Unity, there is a new game out well it is in early demo alpha and made with Unity engine so I am given it a test run - I will be playing KSP after - I am well on my way to Science Gatherin an schtuff....

Thank you KSP for gettin me bak here ...

At the moment there is a slight intermission whilst I get a snak and get ready to stream.

I still dont know where my perma stream home is gonna be; it may as well be on my own server and I am thinking seriously about it I dunno.

I have to run 15 minute records if I want to move them to Youtube still; sorry on that note.

I expect to be on KSP for an hour after...

Cdr Zeta

Hi,

I will be attempting to go to Mun and or Minmus ...wish me luck...

Stream is up !

I still dont know what to do about my stream location - I am doing 15 minute records unfortunately and sending them off to Youtube at some point...maybe I can make a compendium of the important points in my Ustream vids then send that off as a video to Youtube but I only have 15 min a piece and even then I think I will only have 10Gigs avail - it is possible I will be changing the Youtube location later because of this...later...!

Cdr Zeta

Howdi,

Watch as I attempt to build a rocket to get to Mun !

Stream is up !

Our Kerbal Space Engineers are having problems getting to Mun and the stability of the rocket design needs work !

We will be landing in a desert region today in an attempt to collect more science as well.

Cdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.