Live Stream: The Kerbin Mission, Kerbin Academy...and other stuff !

Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

I will be running this stream on Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I have another idea on the Science missions I am gonna do some efficiency comparisons ! The second time around in V23 I think we will be doin ALOT better; science wise.

Wish me luck getting back on Twitch.

There will be no ARG missions unless I get some approval from Twitch people, however I am considering other stream venues now for ARG mission events.

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

Due to some technical glitches we are having to solve a problem; or 2 ...

That said the stream will be up shortly... we should have Kerbals headed to Mun and Minmus if the glitch is fixed !

Because I have not heard from Twitch, I will resume ARG operations on Twitch and if they give me problems I will just revert back to UStream which in my opinion is alot more stable; I dont know what will transpire.

I am hoping to get the Science caught up to a point where I can resume normal operations and ARG Live Event mission streams; I wish to follow up on KISS and KISS support; I may even redo them; there is a mission to the Moon that I want to do and our Kerbals will go there in 2 different ways; this event altho not LIVE will be done so we can work on 2 different types of orbital captures. My alternate stream location:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-zeta-streams

I dont know what to do except make 15 minute recap streams and send those to Youtube; they have a 10Gig limit I think as well so I will be working on these issues in the coming weeks; I hope !

Thank you for watching !

Cdr Zeta IE Cdr = Commander fot those who dont know !

Greetings,

Tonite, well, we start again...from the beginning...

There are a few things I want to try and work on to further improve my Science gathering !

One of them may actually not be an intention of the game design - however if it is available now, I amma gonna use it !! DEVS you might want to fix this as it is probly an exploit...

Stream is up...

Cdr Zeta

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have not been streaming due to other interests which have now gone by the wayside finally ... now I am back on board with some kind of schedule happening in my gaming venues...I wont be streaming yet however for another few weeks and also I really need to upgrade my cpu cooler...so that is what the hold up is.

Note that my normal non-rpg/arg gameplay is on the twitch channel; when I do real-time NASA (etc) mission ARG's and stream, they will be located at:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-zeta-streams

Wish me luck in getting things going - I need a good 100 spacebukks for my cpu cooler - I saw one using liquid nitrogen; nice ! I cant wait to soup up this computer! I also need to upgrade my video card too so good things are in the works !

Cdr Zeta

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I will be monitoring stream on another computer tonite; sorry for poor quality until I get a faster internet in a couple weeks finally; and hopefully.

We will be learning the science trees; trying to add some mods to the tree for career mode; check my fansite forum thread for details.

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

I spent all night last night in what I thought was gonna be an easy as 1-2-3 using the Tree Loader - Not So !

However, I now have it figured out - hop on over - I am gonna try a finalization on Tree Editer/Loader for 'Real Mission' inclusion of MODS in the Career mode !!

In figuring it out - you have to do a 'mission simulation' to expose all the nodes; add/take-out mods you want or dont want from them; add nodes to your liking; finalize and F5-Save...then you take the tree.cfg in the only mission in your mission saves as I am thinking Tree Editor will mess up 'EVERY' tree in every other missions as well - IE so only one mission in saves at a time (!); I have a mission saves directory outside of the game directory.

Moving the finalized tree.cfg into a brand new already created mission is the key to success; I will attempt to demonstrate that in the first stream; then it is on to back to 'mission simulation' to study bio fuels !

Oh ya - I cant get science or crew reports now either so I have to solve that problem as well - UGH !

Streaming should be ready by 1900EST ...

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

After we finally figure out the Tree Editor (YEHAW!) and can now add mods to our tree; we sadly cannot collect science; ie no ground samples etc...this is not good, and will be the topic...

This means stripping what few mods I have and slowly adding them in until we find the culprit !

Hop on over ... !

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

Kerbin Academy, which I have successfully passed, as I have played KSP for awhile now; not as much as some, but I am back ! Soon I hope to have better stream output.

Kerbin Academy has now eveolved into TreeModsMission: Attempts to add MODS into the Career Tree; so far:

Final Frontier Ribbons for Kerbalnauts

Acheivements to get extra science

Planet Factory with new planets

Asteroids and now the availablity to add other bodies with orbital data, and the ability to add resources on them

Kethane (which I still dont know what it is !)

TAC Life Support and other TAC MODS

Misc MODS - a slesct few I am trying to find, like Quantum Struts (Have), Cameras, Clouds (Not added yet)

NovaPunch and KW Rocketry added tonite...

Life Support Systems

Bio Fuels Systems

We will be adding and placing these MODDED parts in what is called the TreeModsMission; an unlocked Tree; the tree is then copied into the main mission folder as soon as it is ready and I start the REAL KERBIN MISSIONS again; this tim in Career Mode with mods.

No MODS that I use enhance gameplay; but rather SUPPORT IT.

Some mods do enhance gameplay and are placed in the tree accordingly; I am considering Science points changes, new nodes, etc.

I have worked the last 2 nights learning the problems...and there is ONE MAJOR PROBLEM: MODDERS ARE REQUIRING THEIR MOD FOLDER NAMES NOT TO BE CHANGED; AND IF YOU CHANGE THEM, THE MOD WILL NOT RUN....

Now the only problem I am facing is Science gathering using the Mission Controller latest version; it is last on the list for retesting.

Next to last will be Life Support systems and Bio Fuels generation; part of which works but I had an epiphany today I am sharing on the stream if we get that far!

All work so far is in Mission Simulations Testing - any Kerbals that seem to die are not really dead...The Real Kerbin Mission Using Career Mode will begin again soon!

Wish me luck and hop on over - I anticipate LOTS of work placing mods...all the Nova and KW parts...UGH !

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

I am still trying to get some important plugins to work together - so far so limited avail...

My most important now is:

I cant see Final Frontier Ribbons without the Toolbar

Trying to get plugins to register with Toolbar

Toolbar causing issues with Science node lines dissappearing

Getting plugins to work without Toolbar

It is getting more frustrating...checking out forums to get any help as well...hop on over and chime in...

Cdr Zeta

Hello,

Ya - Streamin All Day And Nite ! Kerbal Space Mission is on a roll with minor details yet to be worked on and the 'REAL MISSION' can begin anew !

I dont want to get into it here but I will say what cured most of my problems and probly some future problems: FOLDER NAMES - DONT CHANGE THEM !

While I am against not being able to have my own folder names that is another topic for another place and for now I will live with it.

That said (!)(Ugh!)(no more brain freezes and lockouts!), let me say I am amazed at the MODS and the work people are putting into them.

Yes someone says well why dont the DEVS do this stuff...honestly I dont know; it doesnt bother me; this is the future of gaming; EverquestNext/andLandmark is another prime example; we gamers are finally not only having a say in gaming, but are producing our own schtuff for the ideas we want in them; how kool is that; and if luck happens volunteers will be noticed and hired to get paid for their work; if they want! Most of them do this because it is a sideline hobby!

I want to share this because since their are some problems with MODS we whould just deal with them and support them; that is what I have been doing in my streams; my showcases this time around: Bio Fuels and Life Support but in Career Mode; trying like heck to get them to work.

Some of the problems stem from my own lack of foresite but I am gaining; I am slow but good.

I am finally looking to add the crane mod, and a few others hopefully to narrow them down and test their useages all with being able to collect Science - the primary goal - and it is working so far with one major problem...

Altho I could be wrong, I am having to see a trend in adding new mods once they are in, tested, placed in nodes (I am still debating if new nodes and moving nodes in the tree is safe), the missions simulations can end and I can play the game for real - YA !!!!!!!

I may peak at those other trees today as well but if I dont have the mods I wont see...my mods are what I call - kool - and useful - the ones I highlight will be specific.

I dont have much experience in KWRocketry and Novapunch still; and unfortunately Novapunch gave me folder problems even tho the folder name remained the same...heres that solution:

Once tested I think we are stuck with using only ONE MISSION in the game saves; IE once the 'MODS' tree is saved as we like it and WORKING, I save it outside of the game; start the 'REAL MISSION' with a stock tree...then quit the game...then copy the unlocked modded tree to the real mission and I will be good to go !!!!! Wish me luck !

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typos

Hello,

I am not streaming but I am updating my game status here as I usually stream when I Play...

Science mode works but the Science Archives will not be working as I am using Planet Factory; since I know how to colllect the sciences for the most part the archives can sit out this 'real' missions run when it gets started!

The science projects are passing inspection; I think ISA MAPSAT is crashing the sim still; version too low or something I am not sure but I am still working on adding more mods to figure out where the culprits are; I am getting closer to real missions start !!! I been working all week on adding mods to career mod and I am kind burnt out; so I will be back on tonite and let yas all know when I am ready to stream...I deleted my previous streams...I dont think my ranting about my own errors is good taste HAHA and not stream worthy; gaming installation/mod working errors; not gameplay necessarily but I am getting there slow but sure!

My main problem is reading the right-click details on long listed items; they are off the screen and I am lookin for help on that; I will post elsewhere on it.

Wish me luck !

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

I am testing out MAPSAT/GPS and it should be ready for Science - the version used: v4R1 (NOT R2!)

Planet factory is primed, finishing up lifesupport and bio fuels !

Then placing all the parts in Science nodes...ugh!

KWRocketry and Bocat but we may need to tweak for memory...

Wish me luck...hop on over!

Stream is live...

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

Finally - the end draws near - all MODS - the kool ones - are installed, tested and working, except a select few, and I still have to troubleshoot problems: a few multiple parts, Science Nodes and parts placement, EC or electricity useage issue (I think this is solved tho - it is just a display that is erroneous)...here they are: (!):

Parts:

some soviet by bobcat

ameri pack

3 biomass/fuels - need sortin and testing

achvments and ribbons !

SCIENCE IS WORKING WITH NO ARCHIVES

misc containers

mechjeb, protractor, scansat (mapsat used 800+megs - scansat about 200megs)

haystack

ship manifest

exo launchpads (not fasa)

ISS parts (!) from community etc

Kethane (poss problem with mm dll???????)

Romfarer Lazor

Planet Factory with 2 systems and asteroids

warp plugin

science zoology (critters; I hope to add byproducts from them as well for bio use)

Thats about it...I still need to test items and MEMORY USEAGE ON THESE PARTS..

Hop on over and wish me luck for getting the REAL Kerbin Missions started !

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

In prep for REAL missions acquisition, tonite we will look at hyperedit in a big way: to put roids into orbit; or so we think...!

Unfortunately, hyperedit will not be used when REAL missions start, but I am looking at the possibility of setting up orbital bodies in prep for this asteroid redirect challenge thingy; since my streamin isnt of ksp-tv qualilty wysiwyg...but we will go a step further...accessing astronomy programs and integrating them with KSP ! How Kool Is That !

I am only going to touch base but we will see how far it goes tonite; I am anxious to get to work on parts placements in the Science Nodes and get REAL Kerbin missions going...I have been at this for a week nite and day...been thru memory hurdles as it seems, but am doing good!

Now we are just looking at Planet Factory options; I found that the DLL alone corrypts the Science archives; but without it will the orbital bodies still be there - enter hyperedit !!!

I also have 2 or 3 methods of asteroid placement so we will look at them...

I know Manley has a video out on trying to get a roid to crash into Kerbin by advancing the clock and making cfg changes; I am looking into this later but am also looking into doing this on a more scientific way, using astronomy programs.

Unfortunately Twitch and non-gaming stuff dont jive and I aint goin to ustream to do this; I got a few program up my sleave I will talk about and try to simulate a few Kerbin bodies; this I can do while in KSP.

Dont miss out ...

Cmdr Zeta

Greets,

After minor rocket explosions and colliding with a non-collidable asteroid, we successfully showcased the Romfarer Mod - and how awesome it is ! We had some difficulty in using the advanced features...perhaps when real missions start our illustrious Kerbals will figure it out no problem !

There are still a few more mods we are trying to get into our REAL misssions start...again I am focusing mostly on Lidfe Support...I may not be able to use all the features of some MODS...TACLIFE will be showcased (in the REAL missions later on).

Finally up for grabs are the Warp Plugin, exo-launch centers, a few others maybe...the main problem is getting the amount of memory available to play the game the way I want...I will be trying for 5-600 Megs of head room aside from Scansat which uses about 2-300...one these next few mods are tested tonite, it is then on to MOD part placements in the Science nodes - this will be a long process...

Wish me luck as I perservere ...

PS Watch my latest streams on all the work I have done testing MODS and KSP memory ... they wont be saved...

Cmdr Zeta

Greetings,

The time grows ever so closer to REAL missions acquisition...still a few more MODS to iron out though...

Graphotron was recompiled to v23 working in Science - good job (!) and it is added...

Working out the kinks with life support (TACLIFE is our main provider)

BioMass+Science and theres the Bio Garden and Mk2 Greenhouse we will be checking out...Bio mass fuels are resource producers !! Kool MODS !

Warp plugin is a hopeful as it is also a resource producer !!!

Kudos to these modders...

It is a shame that KW Rocketry and Nova Punch will have to sit out as the memory useage of KSP is limited; we are running Science Mode Career.

Theres a slight glitch with a workaround in TacLife Support.

Orbital construction is awesome to say the least with more resource producing items...cant get enough resources !!

Mod testing will soon be done hopefully today then the parts placement in Science nods have to be adjusted...then the fun begins...

I probly wont keep my progress reports; there some good stuff in the videos for the DEVS and modders; you have to sift thru the noise but hey...ALSO the stream quality is so so and I am getting a faster internet in a few days so bear with me...

Cmdr Zeta

Greetings,

The ARG event TMA-12 docking with the ISS and KSP docking to KISS, is now over - it has been recorded for your viewing pleasure !!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45441519

I am now back on Twitch to show a little of the event without the NASATV programming...please recommend to Twitch these events...my requests for playing them go unanswered and mostly all they do is want to find reasons to ban kool people like me!

I am back now with a better streaming ISP, and will now setup my KSP game to begin the REAL LIVE MISSIONS !

Join me in about an hour for the grand kick off ...

The Kerbin Missions begin ...

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

The time to start this pig grows ever so near...due to some slight technical difficulties earlier, I decided not to go full boar and do a simulations run...this will test out the missions, science, memory useage which currently is holding at 3.2gigs with a ceiling of about 3.6...only a 400megs gameplay window; usually it hops up a couple 100 megs at start so I have about a 250megs gameplay window - playable...for awhile !!

Wish me and my Kerbal Teams luck !

Cmdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.