Show off your awesome KSP Pictures-Presented By Venku Rocketry International

venku122

How long should the next Screenshot montage be?  

1,783 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the next Screenshot montage be?

Guest Flixxbeatz

My petty attempt in building an interplanetary spacecraft :D

MSCKC.png

15 specially modified engines will take the ship into orbit and/or escape trajectory.

oC2d4.png

PexWw.png

Then...

HDj91.png

So that\'s the bar for petty now? Is this the world we live in now? That, is petty?

Looks like a beast to my eyes.

Heh, what it really looks like to me is like a 1920\'s conception of what an interstellar spacecraft would look like. Like the rocket in Tintin, or something.

This was my very first Mun landing...erm, touch down anyway. =P

Kerbalmunland.png

While I was landing, I was listening to the Yougscasts - Shadow of Israphel Vol. 2 track, mainly the songs, To Die For Remix, Hurricane Remix, and For Glory. As I was making the landing, and promptly losing my bearings trying to do so, I was listening to the first 2 songs. When I finally did get my stuff in order, For Glory started.

Edit: Woops, I thought this was a 'post your KSP pics' thread. I missed the awesome part.

This was my very first Mun landing...erm, touch down anyway. =P

-snip-

While I was landing, I was listening to the Yougscasts - Shadow of Israphel Vol. 2 track, mainly the songs, To Die For Remix, Hurricane Remix, and For Glory. As I was making the landing, and promptly losing my bearings trying to do so, I was listening to the first 2 songs. When I finally did get my stuff in order, For Glory started.

Edit: Woops, I thought this was a 'post your KSP pics' thread. I missed the awesome part.

It\'s still awesome. Because you survived a crash like that.

My planetary shield. Thirty-six satellites of goodness.

yn8kn.png

Saw this on your blog.

http://kerbal.blogspot.com/2012/03/kerbal-shield-password-is-1-2-3-4-5.html

By the way, thanks for the tutorial on Geostationary orbit. I just made my first geostationary orbit about 4 minutes ago and recognized that picture and realized YOU wrote the blog!

Guest Flixxbeatz

My planetary shield. Thirty-six satellites of goodness.

-snip-

HOW THE F*** ???

Plugin-induced orbits?

HOW THE F*** ???

Plugin-induced orbits?

Nope. 100km orbits, launching every 10 minutes, aiming for 305 degrees (55 degrees 'up') heading. With a total of 36 satellites, you get super good at orbital insertion.

If I remember right he actually launched 50(?) minutes apart so that the effect was the same as launching every ten minutes. (correct me if I\'m wrong)

I launched the GPS satellites an hour apart to get six orbital planes as the planet takes 6 hours to complete a full revolution. The GPS satellites took 47 minutes to reach stable orbit so this was possible without waiting a day.

For the Shield I launched every 10 minutes. The ships used are 2-stage and reached stable orbit in 7 minutes and 21 seconds from launch. I would wait until 9:54 and launch another ship (assuming the launchpad load delay ate up about 6 seconds).

Here\'s the ship:

Lpp1v.jpg

I launched the GPS satellites an hour apart to get six orbital planes as the planet takes 6 hours to complete a full revolution. The GPS satellites took 47 minutes to reach stable orbit so this was possible without waiting a day.

Oh. That\'s what I was thinking of.