Show off your awesome KSP Pictures-Presented By Venku Rocketry International

venku122

How long should the next Screenshot montage be?  

1,783 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the next Screenshot montage be?

It looks like he used moach\'s heatshield from a while back-it\'s just a SRB with no thrust, with the effect pointed upwards.

I thought that might be it.

Also, IIRC, that was someone else\'s edit of the heatshield, not that it matters.

LOL!!! Holy crap! Using one solid rocket booster (thrust of 1200) and a CM on the top with no SAS... Look at my velocity. The entire time I was boosting I was pushing 15G.

In other news, with three of these boosters, I break the sound barrier only 2 seconds after launch hahahahahahha

I hate you. Stop reminding me. I want docking, too.

It\'s not docking. GoDamnit (before he left) made the Kerpollo pack with upside down dummy command pods, even upside down working engines. This allows you to fly in the Apollo config and still land on the Moon.

It\'s not docking. GoDamnit (before he left) made the Kerpollo pack with upside down dummy command pods, even upside down working engines. This allows you to fly in the Apollo config and still land on the Moon.

I know it\'s not docking..

There are places where it fails - the lowlands and hilly regions and mountains are generally ok, but there are regions that are supposed to be... dunno, where the land is elevated enough to be brown but flat. That looks hellishly ugly, no matter the distance.

This probably isnt that awesome to you pros , but it was really cool to me.

So check this. Ive been building up to the construction of a moon base and the first few steps towards doing that in my program are the launching of some beacons. The first couple were launched and put into a low orbit with the intention of scouting out a suitable base site and practising my rather rusty landing skills. Beacons 1-6 were all destroyed (1 crashed into the moon in a botched landing , the other 5 blew up on the pad or failed to make orbit) , but Beacon 7 was successfully landed on a nice flat rise in a Mare. With the beacon intact and transmitting , the next objective was to practice the crucial precision landing skills by setting down an identical beacon next to it.

Beacons 8 & 9 were mission aborts , the probes being part of an experiment aimed at refining the launcher. Beacon 10 achieved munar orbit , but as I had feared my efforts at working out the landing spot were hopeless , missing the aim point by more than 50 kilometres. Taking the lessons learnt Beacon 11 was launched and I set myself the goal of getting within 5 kilometres. The result was astonishing , and left me not a little smug. I managed to set the beacon down less than 10 metres from the first one , and without having to move the probe after landing. Amazing what time , patience and a big tank of RCS fuel can do duting landing :D

kZqtJ.jpg

Kerbrise. 8)

You see, that isn\'t Kerbinrise.

Because kerbin\'s moon has an inclination of 0 degrees, and one rotation of the Mun takes as long as one orbit, Kerbin never changes position in the Munar sky.

Guest Flixxbeatz

You see, that isn\'t Kerbinrise.

Because kerbin\'s moon has an inclination of 0 degrees, and one rotation of the Mun takes as long as one orbit, Kerbin never changes position in the Munar sky.

But still, Kerbrise.

Where\'s the Energia? 8)

First screenshot - I was trying out a new design, in which the central rod would hold SaS modules and fuel, while side rods would contain engines.

Second screenshot - what is this I don\'t even

Third screenshot - I created an orbit around Mun with altitude of mere kilometer (several times I ended up smashing into 'mountains' )

Guest Flixxbeatz

rg2r6.jpg

IROIl.jpg

Basically a goddamn huge shuttle booster. a cargo hauler was there in place of an orbiter.

Craft file available by request. 8)