Show off your awesome KSP Pictures-Presented By Venku Rocketry International

venku122

How long should the next Screenshot montage be?  

1,783 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the next Screenshot montage be?

Two 500m Asteroids in 3km altitude Munar orbits, shortly before impact. As I recall, The Rock had an orbital inclination of -0.5 degrees, the Hard Place, +0.5 degrees.

X7um7l.png

This brought them together at a relative velocity of about 10 m/s. I\'d also edite them to have insanely high crash resistance. In this instance, the Rock remained in its original orbit with no change (presumably, because it wasn\'t the piece of debris I was 'flying' at the time) and the Hard Place deorbited, spinning violently at about 2 revolutions per second, and began skipping along the munar surface, circumnavigating the Mun and bouncing as high as 80 km before I stopped following it.

In all of the other impacts of these asteroids I\'ve watched, the object being flown has been ejected from Munar orbit, with the other one being unaffected.

Say hello to gabyalufix\'s 'Muncrawler' Massive Mobile Munbase.

lm0P5.jpg

lgj2c.jpg

Living space for 10 kerbalnaughts. A nuclear reactor, a large space telescope, a radar dish and telescope, tons of cargo space, and oodles of lab space and sensors.

The launch was too harrowing for me to drop the UI and take many screenshots. It really, really really wanted to tear itself apart, every step of the way.

At some point I\'ll go back and relaunch. Right now I\'m just gonna have fun climbing mountains.

Say hello to gabyalufix\'s 'Muncrawler' Massive Mobile Munbase.

lm0P5.jpg

lgj2c.jpg

Living space for 10 kerbalnaughts. A nuclear reactor, a large space telescope, a radar dish and telescope, tons of cargo space, and oodles of lab space and sensors.

how did you get all of those capsules on there at the same time!?

Finally have a probe out on solar escape. I was going 7+km/s before leaving Kerbin\'s sphere of influence. (I hit 4km/s while in the Mun\'s) The Kraken was kind of fighting my ship it seemed while I was doing the last burn with the RCS to push above 7km/s.

hvjUE.png

V7rEu.png

Weirdest debris ever. I got rid of this at roughly 80km; how in the world did it survive?!

screenshot2.png

A shot of my latest unmanned rocket, the Overseer V. Designed to haul parts and modules to the Mun and get its valuable core back to KSP, it also looks spiffy.

screenshot10.png