[0.21] OrbitalConstruction Redux 4.2 (Kethane + EL Compatibility Update)

Interfect

right, so following that logic i update the part.cfg in the OC_3DPrinter folder.

MODULE

{

name = KethaneConverter

SourceResource = Kethane

TargetResource = RocketParts

ConversionEfficiency = 0.99

SourceConsumption = 500

PowerConsumption = 12

}

to :

MODULE

{

name = KethaneConverter

InputRates

{

Kethane = 500

ElectricCharge = 12

}

OutputRatios

{

RocketParts = 0.99

}

}

so that did the trick, thanks taniwha.

That also worked for me.

By chance could someone make a radial version of the spacedock identifier?

The game gets really irritated when you put stacks of thin objects together- like a probe core, dock identifier, and battery.

It will begin to bounce and wobble no matter what you attach to it.

So far all I've managed in attempting to copy the spacebuilt part and turn it into a spacedock is a glitched part that sticks weirdly out of the side of my vessel. I'll keep tinkering at least to see if I get it.

Hello, all,

I've fixed the issues with the latest Kethane! I've also switched the density of RocketParts to match what Extraplanetary Launchpads now uses (1/400 of a ton per unit instead of 1 ton per unit) and upped the capacities of everything accordingly. Unfortunately, ships in flight will now be left holding 1/400th of the mass of RocketParts they previously had. So sad.

I think the Kethane conversion rate is now rather fast, time-wise. Opinions?

Download Version 4.2 here!

BE81B2A61C4D2F3B9834CBC73B4C9C5BA4D7A04A

I'm trying to get this to build in orbit, but for whatever reason, it refuses to build. Can somebody explain this?

EDIT: I got an entire Ion Cannon with a mass of 458 tones built in orbit, but this thing will not build.

Can you post the part of the game's log file where starts talking about OrbitalConstruction? That might include some exception information that could help me track down the problem.

If you don't know how to do that:

1. Delete KSP_Data/output_log.txt

2. Run the game and do whatever is failing.

3. Upload KSP_Data/outpout_log.txt somewhere where I can find it.

The best place for the bug report is probably here: https://github.com/interfect/OrbitalConstruction/issues

First off, great mod, I've been looking for something like this for ages now! Secondly, if I wanted to drastically reduce the resources need to make a ship or make so I don't even need any, how would I go about it? I want to make ridiculously large ships to reach the edge of the system, but without the hassle of shipping out loads of rocket parts. Thanks in advance!

If you want to make ships cheaper or free in terms of RocketParts, you would have to (in the latest version), edit the C# source.

If you want to make RocketParts cheaper, easier to carry around, or easier to make from Kethane, you want to mess with the density of RocketParts in the resource config file, the capacities and starting fill values of the various tanks in their config files, or the number of RocketParts output per cycle of the 3D Printer in its config file.

Hello, all,

I've fixed the issues with the latest Kethane! I've also switched the density of RocketParts to match what Extraplanetary Launchpads now uses (1/400 of a ton per unit instead of 1 ton per unit) and upped the capacities of everything accordingly. Unfortunately, ships in flight will now be left holding 1/400th of the mass of RocketParts they previously had. So sad.

I think the Kethane conversion rate is now rather fast, time-wise. Opinions?

Download Version 4.2 here!

Thanks for the work interfect i agree the conversion rate is a bit fast.

I did not dig through all 20+ pages so please forgive me if this has already been suggested.

What I was thinking about is pretty much the reverse of what Orbital Construction does now: decommissioning a craft. Right click the SpaceDock identifier and scan for nearby craft (max a few hundred meters, relative V if possible near zero). Select and confirm the craft you wish to take apart for spare parts. Any Kerbals on board are transfered to the SpaceDock if possible, if not they die. To keep it balanced tons to parts conversion should be similar to parts to tons. Something like 10 tons of ship will give 7.5 tons of parts.

Now Kerbal colonists can dismantle their ship and use the parts to build a permanent home on a distant planet.

Question: Could a person use Launchpad mod to send the Rocket Parts to the Orbital Space Dock? I have a Challenge in which players can't use Kerbin's resources and the KSC after Day 200. Just wondering if those two mods could be made to work together.

I have a station with space builder and enough parts in the solar orbit. Each time I build another module and try to dock with the old station, the mod seems to put the new vehicle in a different orbit. It just has a pretty large velocity relative to the station.

Does anyone have tried this yet?

All other building functions work fine in the LKO. Save me a ton of time to send my station into orbit.

Only 10%? You're kidding, right? EL does 80% (I think the Kerbals lose a few nuts and bolts). However, that's after all stored resources have been reclaimed (or thrown out if there's insufficient space) at 100%, so only the hull's mass goes towards that 80%.

I've been using Orbital Construction ever since it came out, so forgive me if I'm a bit behind the times...but WTH is this Extraplanetary Launchpads thing, anyways? Well, what is it *compared to OC*?

It has launchpads that allow you to launch from the ground. It does not have spacedocks, however. With Kethane, it has a mineable resource that can be processed into Rocket Parts. I would recommend you actually use both; they complement each other well.

You mean you want me to change this

MODULE

{

name = KethaneConverter

HeatProduction = 30

InputRates

{

Kethane = 50

ElectricCharge = 12

}

OutputRatios

{

RocketParts = 40

}

}

to this?

MODULE

{

name = KethaneConverter

InputRates

{

Kethane = 500

ElectricCharge = 12

}

OutputRatios

{

RocketParts = 0.99

}

}

The first part is copied from my part.cfg The second is from the suggestion a few pages back. Besides a few values I don't see much difference. OK, I will give it a try but I doubt it will do anything.

Edit: I gave you the benefit of doubt, edited the part and gave it a try. Guess what ... nothing happened.

Edit2: Turns out the printer was functioning correct after all. The problem was not related to Orbital Construction but to Kethane. The 4.2 printer does NOT work with older Kethane versions, it needs 7.7.

Edited by Tex_NL

I have a station with space builder and enough parts in the solar orbit. Each time I build another module and try to dock with the old station, the mod seems to put the new vehicle in a different orbit. It just has a pretty large velocity relative to the station.

Does anyone have tried this yet?

All other building functions work fine in the LKO. Save me a ton of time to send my station into orbit.

This is a known issue. After you spawn the module, switch to the tracking station and back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.