[0.16] KW Rocketry v0.5

Winston

PLFs were indeed updated, but I wasn\'t talking about decoupling force. I was talking about seams in the fairings that appear when launching the carrier rocket.

Nothing you can do about that until multiple connection points are supported. As of right now, you can only connect something at one point, not at multiple, thus the 'seam' is because the two objects are actually floating against each other with no actual connection.

I wasn\'t talking small seams, the fairing literally came apart in flight, with huge gaping holes between each plate, and ones attached to each other were moved quite far.

Which didn\'t happen before. It seems to be fixed now though.

I second Aquarius. It sounds good for a shuttle.

Also, I\'d like to take that back:

I wasn\'t talking small seams, the fairing literally came apart in flight, with huge gaping holes between each plate, and ones attached to each other were moved quite far.

Which didn\'t happen before. It seems to be fixed now though.

It isn\'t fixed, and the fairings seems to induce uncontrollable spin on the rocket as long as they\'re on. The effect is especially pronounced with Kosmos TKS as the payload. It\'d be really great if you fixed them.

I second Aquarius. It sounds good for a shuttle.

Also, I\'d like to take that back: It isn\'t fixed, and the fairings seems to induce uncontrollable spin on the rocket as long as they\'re on. The effect is especially pronounced with Kosmos TKS as the payload. It\'d be really great if you fixed them.

I personally have had no issues with strange behavior of the fairings, using the most recent version of KSP and the most-recently-released fairings...

I\'m consistently getting huge stability issues when using KW PLFs to launch Kosmos pack based spacecraft. They don\'t get seams on certain designs (like the Almaz station), but on others (like TKS), they do. Also, even on Almaz, they caused so much instability that Ascent Autopilot wasn\'t able to cope with it (I ended up manually putting it in a much lower orbit than I wanted). And I\'m sure it\'s because of the fairings. I\'ve swapped them out on the TKS (for Down Under fairings) and it reaches the desired orbit perfectly.

I\'m consistently getting huge stability issues when using KW PLFs to launch Kosmos pack based spacecraft. They don\'t get seams on certain designs (like the Almaz station), but on others (like TKS), they do. Also, even on Almaz, they caused so much instability that Ascent Autopilot wasn\'t able to cope with it (I ended up manually putting it in a much lower orbit than I wanted). And I\'m sure it\'s because of the fairings. I\'ve swapped them out on the TKS (for Down Under fairings) and it reaches the desired orbit perfectly.

That\'s very strange...

Have you tried re-downloading the PLFs and re-installing them? I don\'t think that would have made a difference, but it\'s worth trying.

Could you perhaps paste a picture of your rocket, or a ship file that way I could have a look over it and see if I can replicate the instability.

Here you go. You\'ll need:

The latest Kosmos, including the Angara pack.

Down Under pack.

Main K&W pack.

NovaPunch.

CBBP SPC pack (Space-X Falcons).

AR-202 Ascent Autopilot.

I might need to test it with the updated the AR202, I see you used the latest version.

Out of curiosity, what was the altitude you used?

I downloaded the Challenger LEM pack by itself and it seems that a 'parachuteTriple' is missing, do I have to download the main pack also?

I\'m having this problem too, and I put all four packs into the parts folder. It won\'t load the craft without that part.

I looked at the craft file and it\'s looking for 'parachuteTriple_4294913132'. I extracted all packs to their own little folder just to do a search for the part and it\'s not found in any of the packs. Did I screw something up somewhere? :-[

I\'m having this problem too, and I put all four packs into the parts folder. It won\'t load the craft without that part.

I looked at the craft file and it\'s looking for 'parachuteTriple_4294913132'. I extracted all packs to their own little folder just to do a search for the part and it\'s not found in any of the packs. Did I screw something up somewhere? :-[

the triple parachute is from a separate, old mod pack. Forget the name. The pack probably needs to be updated.

the triple parachute is from a separate, old mod pack. Forget the name. The pack probably needs to be updated.

Gotcha. I can still assemble it with the parts, was just wondering if I screwed up. Thanks.

Hmm, so it looks like others have had odd collision issues too. Specifically I was finding that I would get really strange wobbling behavior on the couplers (like they were trying to force out all the upper stages to the sides or something). 3 meter components seemed to glitch the most frequently. I had a similar problem with the large multi-split tanks. The 5x3 however tended to be by far the glitchiest.

Strangely enough, the very first time I made a missile with these parts they worked just fine, but the subsequent relaunch (realized I forgot to install a parachute & went back) and everything after experienced collision glitches.

Of note, I\'m stuck on version 0.14.0 due to the patcher issue. Hopefully it is merely a version issue, as .14.2 comes out soon