[0.16] KW Rocketry v0.5

Winston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@Sedluced; make sure you are using the rockets from the most recent pack (go search KW Rocketry on the Spaceport), this is the thread from update 0.16, and I don't think engines from that time work in the current game version.

Also, KW guys! Any word on a new update? I'd LOVE to see you guys do a nuclear engine!

Would anyone care to see this updated? I cant do the command pod, but i could do the engines and tanks very easily.

*facepalm* They plan on it, these questions have been asked... in the thread that is relavent and not 3 full versions outdated. Go there and ask away.

PS. Calling all mods!!!! LOCK IT

Why was the Ceres pod and its components abandoned? They're way cool.

IF you had been following the newer thread while it was up, you would have seen that Winston and Kyle were/are doing work on it to update it to their newer style. Of course, Winston and Kyle are world renowned assassins, and thusly, only have a small amount of time for KSP. Speculation of course.

And once again I'm in the old KW thread during a Hiatus by the creators. Let's hope they come back for .20

IF you had been following the newer thread while it was up, you would have seen that Winston and Kyle were/are doing work on it to update it to their newer style. Of course, Winston and Kyle are world renowned assassins, and thusly, only have a small amount of time for KSP. Speculation of course.

And once again I'm in the old KW thread during a Hiatus by the creators. Let's hope they come back for .20

I'm sure I saw it, I just had been lurking and nowhere near as active on the forums up till now. Stupid data corruption and server "explosion"...Jeb must have gotten a flux-ing flux capacitor up to 39.3395 m/s (88 MPH)

But thanks for correcting my speculation based on information since lost to the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Have I come to the right place to state that I'm eagerly awaiting the update to this fantastic and essential mod?

edit: apparently not :( Neither the search function nor google did point me to a newer thread, only the link to spaceport.

Edited by Honeybadga

I've been seeing a few good modders returning lately, and I've probably been waiting the most yearningly for these guys to be showing up again really soon... I can see I'm one of the many awaiting their return, too... ^^;

This pack has become essential in many of my ship designs... And there really aren't many packs out there with a good solid, polished selection of motors and tanks across the board (including the infamous 3.75m range) that fill the gap like KW... At least at this point in time, in my opinion... ^^;

Methinks they went Awol due to the forum crash... I just hope to see KW rocketry have its long-awaited official update in the foreseeable future... :(

So, either I'm too incompetent to find the new thread or there is none...?

AHEM. Sorry, got a toad in my throat. Anyway, the other thread that had the latest version link in it (the latest version is on space port, and of course, fixes everywhere on the forums for .20) was consumed by the April purge. The April purge was when the forums went down due to a lot of somethings, and the forum managers hadn't actually been keeping good backups of the forums, or they got corrupted by something else. The managers were forced to use an october 2012 backup as it was the cleanest. Unfortunately, people lost accounts, and threads were wiped away. This included the newest KW thread.

Now to inspire hope for people: Kyle and Winston (why do you think it's called KW pack?) have gone on Hiatus before. Right before the .18 update, they were no where to be seen (I even complained about this back then on this very thread, though I think the post was purged). After the .18 update, Kyle and Winston suddenly appeared with a completely new update on the KW pack that they had been working on without putting out a lot of news. The even updated it a few times before going on Hiatus once again. The last thing we heard from them is they were updating the Ceres craft (seen on first page of this thread, though that isn't the updated version of course). Since the .20 update just came out, K and W might be working on a release as we speak, and will get to us once complete.

Now to drive that hope away: There is always the possibility that they have decided to give up on KSP due to:

-KSP not being optimized*

-Real Life Problems (so pesky this Real Life thing)

-Computer melt downs leading to loss of data.

-The FBI finally caught up with them.

*Of course I know KSP is only in Alpha, but K and W might not want to constantly update something over and over again.