White Owl's KSP Video Series

White Owl

Well, two fairly major events just happened. Version .20 released, and none of my favorite mods will work with it yet. Also, something is seriously borked in my persistent file, and I was stupid enough to go a few days without backing it up. So I have to roll the whole game back to several missions ago. :(

Rather than recording that, I'm considering venturing into bold new (to me) territory. That's right, I may play the stock game for awhile! Can you believe it?

Kethevin, I'll need to share a whole lot of config edited parts too. I'll work on that if/when my current game can be made compatible with .20.

*sigh* Game's in development... don't get too attached to your saves. :(

Edit: I think the corrupted save problem may be worse than I thought. I loaded up my backup persistent file, and am still unable to view High Flight Station. If I select that station, then the game completely locks up. The overall file may be salvageable, but I think that station is screwed.

Edited by White Owl

NEW PLAN!

I think I know how to make the Eagle or a similar shuttle-style vehicle work without the often buggy DR hinges. Matter of fact, this one will be deliberately designed to use the absolute minimum of cfg edits, to make it easier to share, and easier for others to duplicate. I'm excited!

• 2 weeks later...

I just found your video series and I have to say, I'm impressed with not just your design but also your monologue.

Working my way through series 2, lets hope the .20 issues get sorted before I make it near the end.

I just found your video series and I have to say, I'm impressed with not just your design but also your monologue.

Working my way through series 2, lets hope the .20 issues get sorted before I make it near the end.

Sorted, hmm... not really. I'm abandoning that save and it's video series. Instead, today marks the beginning of something new: career mode! Using the Mission Control plugin.

Hi Matt (i can call you that right?) I just found your new (processing) video. can't wait to see what is holds.

PS do you know when it will stop processing? i want to watch it!

thanks mnmn1234

Here is the beginning of a new series, Let's Fly KSP:Career Mode, ep.1 Slip the Surly Bonds. I'm excited about this! :D

Here is a link to the craft file for UAV-01: linky

I know this plane requires TV's Aerospace, Firespitter prop plane parts, Procedural Wings, Aviation Lights... and maybe a couple other things.

PS do you know when it will stop processing? i want to watch it!

Sorry, I never know. :P

No, not planning on using spaceplanes for absolutely everything this time around. My general plan is to simultaneously develop aviation tech and rocketry tech until eventually merging them into a space shuttle, and use the shuttle after that. But that's all very flexible at this stage; I only have the first two episode/missions recorded so far.

Plane is very nice. But i have a question: if I won't make missions and just do my stuff with this mod, will my krones(as you said on vid) spend? And if krones spend, I won't be able to make any stuff?

Right now you have the option to spend krones or not, by turning the mod on or off at the configuration button. If you run out of money, nothing actually happens. Just your budget goes into negative numbers and turns red.

Can you post the mission files?

That's a good idea. I need to convert them to the new mission pack format.

Here is episode 2 of the career mode, in which Jebediah Kerman attempts to fly an airplane for the very first time.

Here's the craft file for AV-01: link

Edited by White Owl

This is awesome stuff. Can you please direct me to the mission pack you are using for the mission controller mod? The default one seems to jump directly into rocketry and satellites. I would like to start at the basics like you were ( propeller planes ).

Glad to see you doing KSP again Owl!

Oh, for the new base, I already suggested in the YouTube comments, but I had a moment of artistic desire, thus I whipped up what the KVAC Welcome Center statue would look like:

O6icld8.jpg

I just had the best idea for a name for your launch base:

Baikonowl Cosmodrome.

That is the best suggestion yet!

...but unfortunately I already decided to go a different direction.

And that KVAC sign is awesome. XD

I wrote only four missions so far, and haven't yet updated them to the new mission pack format. I'll try to get that done today.

From the inception of this series, I was hoping the missions would be posted up so we could play along as well. Happy to hear you'll update this accordingly. Possibly post up in the Challenge section? Maybe even be granted a sub forum so each mission can be tracked separately?

Just saw the ep 6.

That custom runway is really buggy. I would be tempted to go back to KSC, otherwise you are prone to random incurred expenses, witch is not what you want when running with MC.

PS: Mitbro was right to be scared... :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.