White Owl's KSP Video Series

White Owl

I'm watching your old Kerbin Rescaled series again, and I've got to say, I'm hooked. Watched like 15 episodes last night and went to bed at 2 AM. There's something in the way you do your commentaries that makes your videos fun to watch. I don't watch a lot of KSP videos where it's just a dude doing something and talking, but these are way different for some reason.

Just downloaded a metric crap-ton of mods, hoping everything will go well. Is there a specific cfg for EVE?

I saw in your latest video that you could move your head really far left and right what mod was that? or was it just the mk2 cockpit internal mod that lets you do that?

KerbTrack, which I'm using with my trusty old TrackIR. Headtracking is so very good for any kind of flight sim, and I'm delighted to finally have it working well in KSP!

If you get a SSTO with AJE (like you were talking about in one of your last vids) you deserve an award. I'd tried for so long to do that with 6.4, but I never could get enough velocity on the jets before I had to use the rockets. Especially if you use LH2, your fuel just burns so fast!

That said, if anyone can get a proper spaceplane in there it's probably you! :wink: I'm rather impatient with SSTO designs and I'm sure I'm not flying it as well as it should be.

I have an idea. Basically, it's technically not an SSTO, but it uses what are essentially re-usable RATO boosters to launch into a 45 degree trajectory up to 5000 feet, then pitches over and pulls a dive to build up speed to maintain flight. At the top of the spaceplane's arc, the boosters would seperate and return to the ground via parachutes. Granted, in real life, this is probably a stupid ass idea, but it sure as hell is very Kerbal.

I have an idea. Basically, it's technically not an SSTO, but it uses what are essentially re-usable RATO boosters to launch into a 45 degree trajectory up to 5000 feet, then pitches over and pulls a dive to build up speed to maintain flight. At the top of the spaceplane's arc, the boosters would seperate and return to the ground via parachutes. Granted, in real life, this is probably a stupid ass idea, but it sure as hell is very Kerbal.

I designed the Talon to do exactly that! Granted, that was stock aerodynamics and stock scale Kerbin... but it worked. :D

I've been making lots of notes and writing up a whole rulebook for a sort of career mode, loosely inspired by the Construction Time mod, but not installing that mod. Also have ideas for a series using these house rules in a storyline driven series, taking place in the current 6.4x save, tying together elements of the old abandoned Chapter 2 series with the lost message from the monolith. So right now the current plan is to do some more work on Project SOAR, then use those developed vehicles in the storyline series. I think I can pull it all together.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a scary couple of minutes just now. Needed to add another mod reference link to the OP, but I couldn't find the thread! It was scary! :D

That skybox was generated with a nifty program somebody posted in the old Universe Replacer mod thread. I need to find the link to that too.

Edit: Found it. The program is called Spacescape.

Edited by White Owl

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.