White Owl's KSP Video Series

White Owl

Spent several hours last night adding, updating, and troubleshooting mods. I swear more time is spent managing mods than playing or recording...

Anyway, I feel good and there are new toys to play with. Probably record some tonight and upload a day or so later.

Sorry, man. I don't look at this thread often enough.

The textures aren't ready to be shared yet. You're the first to ask for Atlatl craft files... They're in a state of flux right now since I have to rebuild with the updated procedural fairings, but after that's done I'll be willing to share, yes.

The mod list for the current series is a few pages back. link

Danke, kamerad.

Gratuitous German out of the way, thanks. Now just to get my computer up and running again.

Danke, kamerad.

Gratuitous German out of the way, thanks. Now just to get my computer up and running again.

Setback. Procedural Parts is still incompatible with the latest update to Procedural Fairings. This is one reason why I stopped recording for several days; my Dart vehicles in orbit include the old PF parts. I want to deorbit them, update PF, then launch the Duna science mission... but if PF and PP just won't play nice, then I think I'll stick with the old reliable version of PF for awhile longer. Give me a few minutes and I'll post some craft files for the current versions of the Atlatl series, without custom textures. Oh, and you'll have to edit the PP nosecone cfg like so: "aspectMin = 0.25", otherwise the nosecones are stupidly short, stubby, and unaerodynamic as the ass-ugly stock nosecones.

Edit: I think I can just post a link to my GoogleDrive full of craft files. Let's try it: link

Edited by White Owl

I may have been premature in stating I would record more last night. For the past day or so I've been seriously bogged down in editing RPM prop placement and settings. That modded MK2 cockpit IVA is the best anybody has yet put together for this game, but neither the default RPM config nor the KSI edit really make good use of it. So I decided to fix that problem... don't want to think too hard about how many hours have gone into this project, nor how many hours still ahead.

My current desktop is not working, most likely due to the fact that the site the computer was bought from not installing a genuine copy of Windows 7. This is after my laptop decided to die.

EDIT: Now trying to recreate Matt's KSP Rescaled. Fingers crossed! Also, I might end up adding some parts from NovaPunch.

EDIT 2: Hey Matt, what your computer like? (RAM amount, proccessor, and such like that) Also, does anyone know if it's possible to run KSP on 2 gigs of RAM or less? And how much will I have to turn ATM up to achieve this?

Edited by Fox62
Requesting some additional help, and some stats

Oh man... I don't know if 2 gigs is going to work. Especially since Windows 7 is going to eat up most of that on its own.

My PC is a few years old now. AMD 1090T processor with mild overclock. Graphics card is a 6950 2GB whatsit. 8 gigs RAM. It was pretty cool when it was new, but starting to show its age nowadays.

In other news, my cockpit is ready to share! LINK

Install RasterPropMonitor first, then install mine, and overwrite the one file. Let me know if it sucks or not. :P

@WhiteOwl : I've been really enjoying your KSP Rescaled series, i subbed to your channel only a couple weeks ago but ive been through most of your KSP (and Factorio's) content in that time - few 'let's players' take their time and actually enjoy what they are doing while showing all the good stuff these indie games have to offer. Really looking forward to more videos!

Ive only played with the stock Kerbol system so far and I'd really like to try that 6.4 upscaled config, though looking at the dV requirements it seems i'd have to 'rebalance' most of the existing (vanilla and mod) parts to bring the tanks and engines in line with the new config, so i can still go to other planets and do crazy stuff without too much launches and orbital assembly... Do you have a special config for that in your playthrough or am i just thinking lazy? :)

EDIT 2: Hey Matt, what your computer like? (RAM amount, proccessor, and such like that) Also, does anyone know if it's possible to run KSP on 2 gigs of RAM or less? And how much will I have to turn ATM up to achieve this?

Well you could always install an LXDE linux distro (which only take 200 to 300 mb of ram and are FAST) to make up for that pc's lower capabilities, and then you would not need to use ATM to play the game, even with a few mods! Make sure to install the texture reduction packs in that case tho

Yes, everything needs rebalanced for the larger delta-V requirements. It's not difficult, though. Get Real Fuels, and then choose an engine configuration package. I like the Stock Engines configs, but I think the Realism Overhaul is more popular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FYI, can someone help me figure out what parts to keep and not to keep? Matt, if you see this, would you be so kind as to either create or help create an installation guide video for your Rescaled install? Because while I have downloaded all of the mods that I can find working links to, I don't know how to install them in such a way that they will work as intended together, what to keep, what to get rid of, and what I really shouldn't be installing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.