Land Speed Record.

AceGamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
318m/s! :-D The way it works is: I blast down the runway, at the end I eject the cockpit section. I tried finding a straight and long patch of land but could not find anything better than the runway.

The land next to the runway.

Turn your vehicle 180 degrees in VAB. Drive up to the hills. Turn around. Blast off parallel to the runway.

For a slightly longer strip, go along the hills to the corner by the sea and turn around, to pass by the corner of R&D, diagonally through KSC grounds.

Want a really long strip of flat terrain? Go to Minmus. But you'll need extra engines vectoring downwards or you'll enter orbit while still on the ground.

The fastest I've ever gotten a wheeled vehicle is 1742m/s on the runway using about 300 Sepratrons and airplane wheels. And every once in a while, the driver managed to survive. But usually it would go cartwheeling about 1/2way down the runway and hit the SPH.

110 m/s on a large rover, wheel driven.

Everything was going well, then I hit a bump or a ripple in the terrain, lost a wheel assembly, then the whole thing shattered.

1 Kerbal survived.

The fastest I've ever gotten a wheeled vehicle is 1742m/s on the runway using about 300 Sepratrons and airplane wheels. And every once in a while, the driver managed to survive. But usually it would go cartwheeling about 1/2way down the runway and hit the SPH.

What are these "wheels" you speak of?

Here's the fastest land girder I've ever built. 628 m/s all on the runway with a complete stop and Jeb survived.

Edit: The F3 states maximum acceleration of only 1.8g. That can't be right. The run time was 5 seconds to 628 m/s, which breaks down to 125.6 m/s^2, or 12.8g! Since Jeb is accelerating butt first, he must have gotten some major red-out due to negative Gs.

Edited by Soda Popinski

My best survivable run is 458m/s which is over 1022mph. I have done 462 in the same car but didn't have Dxtory recording. Can anyone beat me without killing Jeb?

Jeb: "I can has speed naow?" :D

You: "Yes Jeb, you can has all the speed." :cool:

What are these "wheels" you speak of?

Here's the fastest land girder I've ever built. 628 m/s all on the runway with a complete stop and Jeb survived.

That you achieve this with not only a surviving pilot, but without vessel deconstruction... or even leaving the runway, is exquisitely amazing!

YOU, can has all the speed! :confused:

I managed 1250m/s.

Kerbal Reporter: "Can you describe the experience?"

Jeb: "WhahahahaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" :0.0:

Fastest I ever did was Mach 1.4 at the North Pole, using FAR.

Heavy on mods, but very, very sexeh speed run! :sticktongue:

Definitely win on style points! Bing-de-do-de-do... What was that alarm sound? Breaking Mach or something? That part of RPM? :cool:

Edited by richfiles

562 m/s (Mach 1.65 asl) with Jeb on board, surviving and stopping before the end of the Runway !

Though I used SpaceY and Real Fuels...

3kZWv4Q.png

bmmAmK3.png

Don't believe KSP on the G-force, it actually went up to 29.5 G according to KER

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.