New Monitor

Sol_Rokks_Teddy

The HDMI port on my Acer A231HL monitor no longer works. I have tried googling fixes but all the first page searching didn't come up with a solution and long story short; i would like to buy a higher quality monitor, one with more reliable hdmi ports and audio out capabilities.

I am new to the whole building computers thing so i don't really know what kind of specs or what higher quality brands to look for. So I am turning to you, the KSP community! You all seem like a pretty smart bunch!:D

Computer specs if that helps;

Processor: AMD A8-5500 with Radeon(th) HD Graphics 3.20GHZ

8 GB ram

Windows 8 64-bit

There is no such thing as a gaming monitor, I mean, what is the difference between a gaming monitor and a regular monitor? Just buy a nice 22" LG that has the 1920x1080p resolution.

The Motif of "Gaming" in certian sectors of the electronics market/industry are *usually* used as a reason to charge exorberant ammounts of money for a slightly *better* piece of equipment. Get something with a high refresh rate like 120hz and you will be happy.

Dell makes some good monitors, better than their computers. Asus makes solid products across the board so i recomend them a lot.

Another shout out for Dell monitors, I have 2 and they have lasted a good 5 years. The power port is a little loose on the older of the two, but I have moved it up and down the country at least 15 times.

You have chosen 6 montiors that are about equal. They are all LED displays so they will last a while with good picture. The Asus have higher refresh rates, they will seem, for lack of a better term, faster. If you go for the smaller ones you can get two in that budget for the price of one of the larger screen, it is all preference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.