Horizons Space Program

AlteranEmpire

The Horizons Space Program was started with the goal of taking brave Kerbalnauts to new frontiers. The plan is to establish several space stations and refueling hubs to act as the backbone for deep space missions.

Goals (not in any real kind of order):

-Kethane fueling station in Kerbin orbit.

-Kethane mining and fueling operation in Duna and Ike orbits.

-Horizons probe fleet sent to fully map Duna and her moon.

-Several automated rover and lander missions to explore Duna's ice capped poles and deep craters for any evidence of life.

-Some sort of mothership in Duna medium Duna orbit.

-Several Kerbal colonies across the red planet.

Pictures coming tomorrow.

If this is in the wrong board please tell me. Was really unsure of which board these threads should go in.

It's Horizons because New Horizons is a mission planned for the far future.

I'm not going to do any photos of the launches, too boring... Mine never crash.... :(

Edited by AlteranEmpire

The Horizons-1 Scanning Probe (****ty name I know)

The probe is going about her business when a field trip arrives. A young man dreaming of becoming the first Kerbanaut in space (we went for interplanetary probes before a simple manned orbiter) named Jebadiah Kerman ran up to the controls, thrilled about learning what every button did. When someone spilled some Kerbal brand coffee on their shirt, Jeb knew he had his chance. He decided to press one button, just one.

RQs2rrk.jpg

Little did he know, that button was for ejecting the scanning dishes prior to entry into Duna's atmosphere.....

M0xUktI.png

After this.... well this major screw up, the probe's orbit was altered to preform an aerobraking maneuver, and commence entry.

pDR2F6T.png

The Horizons-1 Probe made a safe landing on Duna, not far from the equator.

KptnWZH.png

Edited by AlteranEmpire

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.