Greetings all. I come in peace.

Bafver

Hello fellow Kerbonauts.

Will be looking forward to working with you all in helping the Kerbals expand into space.

I just started working with KSP and still don't know much about how everything works yet but is currently trying to create a SSTO rocket using a combination of Jet and Rocket engines. So far it has not been going too well.

If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! I love SSTO planes too! I find rockets a bit boring.

I would just suggest one thing: install the FAR mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/20451-0-19-Ferram-Aerospace-Research-v0-9-1-Aerodynamics-Fixes-For-Planes-Rockets

It makes the flight physics much more accurate and realistic. I never managed to make an ssto with stock. Im not a mod fan and i dont use any other mod, but this one is a must for planes.

I just finished testing a space shuttle that can SSTO and back to kerbin, here is the craft if you want it.

shuttle V1_0.craft (54 KB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!VRtwjYDD!bGOvS2kHIu9bKWivSZxzt3Qf0u4POiWoCxKR6Cu0tDM

instructions:

fly (key 1) it until the third engine crashes, i designed it to handle a flame out (should be about 23000km) and fire the aerospikes (key 2) and you can easily circularize.

All you need to do is make sure your EAS is over 170 m/s at all times. Under its unstable.

it was a bit tough to get it right but FAR gives you a lot of stats in the sph, then you can tell a lot about a ship without testing.

Edited by earth

Does any of you have a working design for a SSTO rocket capable of bringing heavy payloads to orbit? Maybe 10-15 tons or so.

I've managed to bring it up there using staged rockets but I'd rather prefer not dumping debris all over Kerbin.

Man SSTO's are tough, but sooo gratifying when you finally get into orbit and dock with your Station! =D

I'm slightly resistant to Mods myself, abit of a purist. Who wants to constantly update a Mod whenever a new version of the game comes out?

I just hope the Devs pick the best features from the popular mods and fully intergrate them into the game!