Copenhagen Suborbitals joins KSP

Because that was the burn countdown, at 0 then engines shut off.

Im sorry but thats not correct. The stream team had some problems, and the countdown clock was one of them.

They had a delay of 1-2 minutes on the sound from Vostok, so its difficult to reset the clock correctly.

But in all I was impressed with the picture quality. This was done by amateurs on a low buget. And still they managed to stream HD from a moving ship over a distance of 23 nautical miles.

Wow, nice videos.

I notice on the slow-motion clip, the engine kinda stutters into action for the first few seconds. Is that normal for the fuel mix?

Must have been pretty awesome to be there.

I love the ammount of media you make available on just about everything you do.

Just wondering about the launch of Sapphire - there was quite a bit of instability at ignition. Was this expected or a suprise? You've certainly made leaps on hybrid stability though since HEAT1X, and from others I've spoke to into Hybrid rocketry thats supposedly quite a challenge to get right. Once Sapphire was off the pad though, seemed to burn really well!

I love the ammount of media you make available on just about everything you do.

Just wondering about the launch of Sapphire - there was quite a bit of instability at ignition. Was this expected or a suprise? You've certainly made leaps on hybrid stability though since HEAT1X, and from others I've spoke to into Hybrid rocketry thats supposedly quite a challenge to get right. Once Sapphire was off the pad though, seemed to burn really well!

It was expected. :/ That's the problem with the propellants they were using on that engine.

IIRC, the next launch will be a HEAT-2X.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, I'm late to the party if anything. Can't believe I missed this. Really enjoy the work you guys are doing and what you stand for, really wish there were more rocketry groups like you guys!

-M5K

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...