Magic Boulder has a cousin. Some Pictures :)

bigdad84

Seanvey, Huddin, and Jomy Kerman went on a long duration Duna/Ike landing mission. After successfully completing there stay on Duna, they headed for Ike.

screenshot47.png

After rendezvousing with their lander that was waiting for them in orbit, they descended down to Ike's surface.

screenshot53.png

After a fortunate landing, the 3 decided to get out and stretch there suits :wink:

Shortly after, Huddin Kerman noticed an odd boulder off in the distance. After jetpacking a little over 1KM he stopped and took a good look at this daunting boulder. He couldn't believe it with his own two eyes :confused: It was floating, as if suspended in the air by some unknown force.

screenshot51.png

screenshot49.png

After taking many pictures of this boulder, which he uploaded back to Mission Control for the guys to take a look at, he headed back to the lander to meet up with his crew. After his awkward experience with this boulder, he couldn't wait to get back to Kerbin. A couple orbits later, they rendezvoused with the main ship, and were on their return journey home :)

That is a cool discovery, never heard of another floating boulder on Ike before.

It's just terrain scatter acting up... But nevertheless I figured it would make for a good story :)

It seems that the Arcturus-I rover has encountered yet another distant cousin located on Duna itself!

f7hXypR.png

By the way, that rover in my pic is a horrible design and should never be replicated.. God why did I even send that thing up?

By the way, that rover in my pic is a horrible design and should never be replicated.. God why did I even send that thing up?

Because, Jeb wanted to go to Duna. If Jeb doesn't get what he wants, bad things start to happen. Bad things aimed towards your space center.

Because, Jeb wanted to go to Duna. If Jeb doesn't get what he wants, bad things start to happen. Bad things aimed towards your space center.

And when bad things are aimed at your space center, you have to pay for property damages. And when you pay for property damages, you lose money. Good money that could be used for better space equipment. Don't lose your good space equipment. Send Jeb to Duna.

Haha! :D that gave me a really good laugh.

But yes just terrain scatter.

And when bad things are aimed at your space center, you have to pay for property damages. And when you pay for property damages, you lose money. Good money that could be used for better space equipment. Don't lose your good space equipment. Send Jeb to Duna.

If Jeb doesn't get what he wants...You're gonna have a baaad time.

I've never seen/heard of floating boulders anywhere else but on Duna and Ike (apart from the monolith near the space centre). Here's one I found awhile back

021N7ADl.jpg

Maybe the space around Duna has some unusual physics in play, perhaps all boulders on Duna and Ike are being drawn towards the magic one, or maybe they have heard about the magic one and some have been practising wizardry and levitation tricks because they feel left out.

I've never seen/heard of floating boulders anywhere else but on Duna and Ike (apart from the monolith near the space centre). Here's one I found awhile back

021N7ADl.jpg

Maybe the space around Duna has some unusual physics in play, perhaps all boulders on Duna and Ike are being drawn towards the magic one, or maybe they have heard about the magic one and some have been practising wizardry and levitation tricks because they feel left out.

from my journeys to all the other planets i have seen this "bug" also at Tyllo, Vall, Duna, Ike, also at one of the munar arches on of the legs is on the air and you can go underneath it

one of my rovers at Tyllo

Li9k1a1.jpg

from my journeys to all the other planets i have seen this "bug" also at Tyllo, Vall, Duna, Ike, also at one of the munar arches on of the legs is on the air and you can go underneath it

one of my rovers at Tyllo

Li9k1a1.jpg

Oh. My. God. HOW MANY CAN THERE BE? :0.0:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.