Black Sun Laboratories Products *NOW FEATURING: PROJECT KEBYLON*

Killerhurtz

• 3 weeks later...

Kebylon wat?

Internets to the first guy to get that into orbit.

If you could expend on the idea, I might add it on the projects to do list.

Basically it\'s giant circle surrounded by wooden fencing, with kerbin horses in it.

With straw on the floor and all.

It would be an engine, and bales of hay stacked on the structure would work as fuel.

I\'ll try my best, but I can\'t promise anything.

Also, Thunder, it\'s mainly because I come here in swoops. It\'s rare I wander around here for more than 15 minutes.

PS: I\'m looking back at General Solutions Products. I\'m getting some very interesting ideas on how to remake those/expand on the ideas, especially with the new fuel duct part.

User note- Use of 6+ of these boosters will press the ship into dangerously high G forces. In addition, it may tear apart your vessel. Also, use of 8 with your only other stage being 2 long 3 meter tanks and a single 3 meter engine, will barely allow enough fuel to reorient and cancel out velocity away from the planet. You MIGHT return to the planet...eventually...but it\'s better to just consider those kerbalnauts lost.

Awesome boosters man.

Yeah, I found out when you use 4 boosters attached to a central booster the ship experiances a EXTREMELY high spin. This results in your ship ripping itself appart, However if you put Advanced SAS\'s on top of each booster and 1 under you command module this 'Useally' prevents the ship from going CABOOSHKA.

• 2 weeks later...

Kebylon is a great concept Killer, though it\'s not very abuse-able.

Even though they have green effects, I can\'t attach anything to the platform but Capn Slugs explosive bolts (and then nothing to those), even stock radial decouplers or RCS blocks don\'t work. And although radial decouplers can be attached to the tower, they fall off instantly on spawning.

The only other big problem is the lack of an attachment point on the bottom of the tower. Only one tower high? That\'s nowhere near the surface of the Mun!

Out of interest, is the tower model hollow? Because if so and a bottom attachment point can be added, I\'m building the hell out of a space elevator.

The goal of Kebylon was not to abuse the system, only to provide a tower to avoid the launch tower.

Oh I know that. I just wanted to build a ridiculous tower for the hell of it. But yeah, if you can fix the attachment issues, this stuff will make for some very kerbal space stations.

And thanks for taking the time to make and release these at all man.

Hey Kerbeard, I really AM trouble finding what\'s wrong. Just yesterday I used it fine to keep a spaceplane upright. Luigibro even has it integrated into one of his released craft.

Also, Dwarf, Unobtainium is a blanket term for THAT material we wish we had but we don\'t and that can do ANYTHING. It\'s not new to Avatar.

Hey Kerbeard, I really AM trouble finding what\'s wrong. Just yesterday I used it fine to keep a spaceplane upright. Luigibro even has it integrated into one of his released craft.

Also, Dwarf, Unobtainium is a blanket term for THAT material we wish we had but we don\'t and that can do ANYTHING. It\'s not new to Avatar.

I watched The Core. I know it came before Avatar.

Hey Kerbeard, I really AM trouble finding what\'s wrong.

Do you mean you can\'t work out what the problem I\'m having is, or that you can\'t find the solution?

If the former, there\'s no problem using it as intended, it\'s that nothing can be radially attached to the platform in the VAB. Radial decouplers can be attached to the tower, but they fall off as soon as it spawns.

I had the same problem with the OKAD gantry. I was trying to attach boosters to it to throw it out of the way, but they\'d fall off on spawning, even if attached with struts.

• 2 weeks later...

...If it works as intended, what\'s wrong? :P

Also, keeping you guys updated: Our beloved and awesome C7 was so very nice as to teach me new techniques for modelling and such. Not only are my models going to be better from now on, but they should be out quicker. By the way, if no-one had noticed, sometimes I update the first post. Legacy is on hiatus as I need to figure out what exactly I want out of it (that\'s without mentioning I found some models Darrknox sent me back when he wanted to help, originally), but in the meanwhile, the Firelark is getting a bigger brother. I\'m almost done with the engine, and if you thought the Firelark was mean, you\'ll LOVE this one... Might post a sneek peak once I\'m completely done with the engine.

• 3 weeks later...