I am SO grateful to have such an awesome community here on KSP.

Piv

Even though there might be some trips and falls, I am still grateful. I have been to other games and trust me, those were not pretty. Not at all. KSP has the best community I ever seen. I hope to see it last for a long time. :)

Is one of the only forums I have ever read that I have even wanted to participate in.

Seconded. I feel this community to be much more personable and welcoming, unlike some other online communities.

*glances sideways at Minecraft*

Yeah most other forums are full of fanboys and haters going at each other with "your mom" jokes (which are really puerile) and accusing everyone of being 7 years old. Whaaaaambulances are also prevalent in a lot of posts.

The differences here is that when people complain about something it's because they want KSP to be fixed, improved or changed and not because they are just being negative for negative sake. 90% of problems reported are because the players care about this game/sim/whatever you want to call it. I just know that it's one addictive game and I will be playing this for AGES after I have played AAA titles and got fed up of them and came back to KSP.

Yeah, this is by far the best community so far. Almost everyone here enjoys and loves the game and the mods are friendly and helpful. This forum is a well oiled machine

Ummm.... Well oiled and then Jeb lit a fire under it... :D (considering the forums had a major meltdown recently)

Yeah most other forums are full of fanboys and haters going at each other with "your mom" jokes (which are really puerile) and accusing everyone of being 7 years old. Whaaaaambulances are also prevalent in a lot of posts.

We could do that if you want.

"Shut up you 12 year old.

You Mom is..." I got nothing. Sorry can't even pretend....

This community is pretty good. The only one that I've been in that was better was a small gamefaqs community on the snes forums so long ago. But then we got older and drifted apart....But this is a good forum...

It's definitely a rare breed which was why I was so upset when the forums died the other week. I was looking at other gaming forums and just cringed at the hostility. I did worry about the new Steam users hostility at one point but even that petered out. It's just a pleasant forum.

Who would have believed physics plus spaceships plus cucumber characters would equal such civility. The only hostile post I see here are the pro/con views regarding MechJeb and even those are pretty minor compared to most other forums.

i think the thing with these forums is the game itself. The game is fun and wacky enough to attract GAMERS but yet complex and niche enough that the only people that stay for the ride have a bit more maturity and interest in the game, its community, and the continued advancement of both.

This is the only online commubity i have ever been a consistent member of.

Yes, it is quite good. People are very helpful.

Though I think a few peeps didn't come back after the great forum derp :(

They will come back, like flies and bright light.

The light is back, the flies will follow ;)

Indeed, it doesn't help.

Being a noob is not the problem, I was one too.

KSP is a game that has a very high learning curve for those willing and able to learn and it's a big playground for people with a decent astronimical/physical knowledge.

All people who don't fall into this category will soon lose the will to play this game and stop and thus only very few of those will join the community. And just a part of those few are annoying.

But it's easy to describe: The more brains you need for a game the better the community.

Small example statistic of annoying to awesome communities:

Call of Duty --> Battlefield --> Borderlands --> Fallout 3 --> Oblivion/Skyrim --> Warcraft / Starcraft (stategy games, not WoW (this is near Borderlands)) --> Supreme Commander --> Anno series --> KSP.

Minecraft is somewhere in all categories, because this game changes so much depending on how you play it. I saw people building 8 bit CPU's in it but I also saw idiots just running around just killing zombies.

But I always believed that there is at least a small connection between logic intelligence and social intelligence.

KSP has a great community. My guess is, that's because of the insane learning curve of the game. I learned about the game through Steam so I'm a fairly new player. I knew absolutely NOTHING about space navigation, TWR, doing a Hohmann etc. Most people who enjoy this game, probably like a fair challenge of the mind and have an affinity with space, NASA etc; and apparently that filters out a lot of baboons.

I believe it does attract a different personality type. People that this game doesn't interest, typically, are not going to hang around long as they get bored. those of us that really like the game probably have hard time being understood by people sometimes. I start talking about this game to anyone at work and I get blank stares. It's hilarious!

Indeed, it doesn't help.

But I always believed that there is at least a small connection between logic intelligence and social intelligence.

There's a strong correlation between arrogance and bad communities. I agree with your general conclusion but in a game like this there's likely a minority of arrogant types that throw around words like "noob". Fortunately in this particular game there's people like Scott Manley and others who are way better at the game than the arrogant ones, and even a tiny bit of self awareness is enough to knock the arrogance out of them.

Hello,

Great community but I hope people understand that there will be breaks in developer work; just go and try to do an animate with AE...I am learning about movie production, animation..gads I dont even want to do this...but there is a new learning experience..talk about learning curve...KSP is nothing to trying to do some animation...lucky as I go onwards there are ways to make things work quicker - you just have to keep trying...

It takes time to make 'games' that are 'GOOD' ... this is a "GOOD" game - meaning that being "GOOD" when one understands it and likes it for what it is, it will always be there; that is one major benefit of single player; add streaming to SP games...WOW I havnt had so much fun and some people pop in and say hi in the stream - its kool - and I go to other KSP'r streams and reciprocate....we need that, some of us.

I wish I could have gone to Iceland...WOW...

Cdr Zeta :cool:

Honestly, this is *the* best online community i've seen. No flames or such, people are very nice to one another, nice to ''noobs'', etc. Seriously, certain gaming communities are just stupid (as in 99% of users are trolls or grumpy old men) but I guess this is an exception. I believe we can thank moderators and admins for this :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.