- InfiniteDice Strong Struts Pack - KSP 0.20.1 -

InfiniteDice

30bk2er.png

Okay guys!

Finally up on SpacePort! - Thanks spaceport support team.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/infinitedice-strongstruts-v1-1-2/

I have a few wonderful and exciting struts here for you to play with. First time ever TOTALLY NEW struts for KSP, built from the ground up! (I still have wood splinters in my hands).

1) The structural strong strut! This can hold anything but is a bit heavier

2) The Ramp/Wall Strut - This is a ramp that is a strut! you place it just like a strut, except kerbals can walk on it. If placed as a wall it has collision. YES! - It has side lights! To place as a wall, use the rotate keys in the hangar BEFORE attaching the first part of the strut. Once you get the hang of it you can place in any orientation.

3) The Tube Strut - Intended for space this is a lit corridor that can attach over standard size airlocks. Place the ring base on each end... then place the tube over top. These are a bit tricky to get in and out of, and kerbals sometimes have issues walking through them in gravity, but they're built for space!

4) The Spacecraft Stong Strut - Very tuff and extremely long, these can hold spacecraft together like super-glue. Plus they are nice and shiney!

I wanted to release all this as a separate pack, the one strut I put with my Carrier Parts but this is so much more.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Free to use, free to share, but please don't re-distribute without asking me first...

This is for all the guys who wanted me to make parts that can be used in space... here's to you!

Thanks for downloading and please post comments/issues in the thread (yes I'm sure there will be issues!) :)

Later guys!

InfiniteDice

Edited by InfiniteDice

My God... it's full of struts!

Edit: I downloaded but have not yet installed. I see only one plugin in the mod... would it be possible to get a version for the struts, but without the super-kerbal features?

Edited by White Owl

Every strut looks amazing ! The tubes will be very fun to have in your station and bases :D Just saw that you added some parametras for us to play around with, cheers for that to :) Wooott, jetpack ? haha cheers

edit

Dam, you just brought ksp to another level... Amazing work, we can make so many things now hehe. Would it be possible to place for an example an radial engine and extending it ?;) The rope is a nice touch to

Edited by ahappydude

well done, looks good

Can't seem to get the rings to attach correctly. I think you need to take the node locations from the 2x2 panel part and put them on your rings part. I have a panel segment with a cutout thatll work just fine for it.

Edited by Nazari1382

I tried adding the evagrab module from kas but as soon as grabbed the tile dissapears , hm werent there a plugin a while back that enabled strut handleling in eva? If so placing these in eva would be possible^^ For now let the building begin

I dont know how you did these struts but they rock =) Last test was to make an transport tube like the one i futurama hah This struts will help us players in connecting several bases/stationsa cheers

1JIUeJa.png

Edited by ahappydude

Making parts placeable in EVA is alot harder to do as are many of the amazing addons teams or single people have created, because as an addon consumer you don't have to go threw the incredibly long process of creating them. So in short I don't think anyone knows how to allow the placing of parts in EVA yet.

My God... it's full of struts!

Edit: I downloaded but have not yet installed. I see only one plugin in the mod... would it be possible to get a version for the struts, but without the super-kerbal features?

I'm on the same page. I'm going to delete the plugin, see if struts still work.

The struts still work without the plug-in. You may have some issues walking on them on Kerbin... as the plugin helps stabilize the kerbals.

What exactly do you mean by "stabilize"? I always found kerbals fairly stable before they have Katnip.

What exactly do you mean by "stabilize"? I always found kerbals fairly stable before they have Katnip.

Meaning when they walk over surfaces they aren't supposed to be able to walk over... they tend to freak out a bit. Ramps at strange angles will sometimes do that :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.