Hello There :D

JoshJ5Hawk

Hello fellow space explorers! My name is JoshJ5Hawk, or you can just call me Josh for short ;).

I have recently found KSP and had it gifted to me on Steam from a good buddy, and have had nothing but fun playing! The best thing I've done, is stranded poor Jebediah on the Mun D:

cJpdlV4.jpg

(Sorry, I don't know how to resize my image :()

I just thought I would drop by and introduce myself, and ask just a couple questions :)

1. Where is the best place, besides the forum, to keep up on Dev notes? A specific twitter? A Twitch.tv stream? Please, let me know :)

2. Orbital Docking: Are there any tutorials out there that YOU would recommend? I know, I could easily Google this, but I like to know which ones helped you!

3. Who is your favorite KSP Youtuber? I personally enjoy Dylloop, and KurtJMac, I'd love to see some others :D

4. Would you like to be my friend? I like meeting new people, so please, if you're interested, shoot me a request on Steam, I'll gladly be your friend, so long as you let me ask a couple KSP questions occasionally :)

Thank you all for checking out my post, and answering the questions if you have the time :) Have a wonderful morning, evening, afternoon, whatever it may be for you!

-JoshJ5Hawk

(P.S. 5. How do I edit my signature? :P)

Hi there :) Welcome to the Forums and KSP community

I just thought I would drop by and introduce myself, and ask just a couple questions

1. Where is the best place, besides the forum, to keep up on Dev notes? A specific twitter? A Twitch.tv stream? Please, let me know

A) KSP TV (http://www.twitch.tv/kerbalsp) for older Dev streams, there has been a lull lately but who knows :P The KSP subredit (http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram) is also apparently useful although I don't use it myself...

2. Orbital Docking: Are there any tutorials out there that YOU would recommend? I know, I could easily Google this, but I like to know which ones helped you!

A)

AddMeGamers tutorial is very good

3. Who is your favorite KSP Youtuber? I personally enjoy Dylloop, and KurtJMac, I'd love to see some others

A) WinterOwl, StompThompson, Scott Manley, Danny2462, HOC Gaming, Pleborian, ChickenKeeper24, drjonez, goose79335, AddMeGamers, Myself ;)

4. Would you like to be my friend? I like meeting new people, so please, if you're interested, shoot me a request on Steam, I'll gladly be your friend, so long as you let me ask a couple KSP questions occasionally

A) Sure, add me on steam if you like - Trux2010 :)

I would also recommend the rather new KerbalSpacePodcast which can be found at www.kspod.com and at twitch.tv/kerbalspacepod if you want to literally hear the latest news :P. I'm glad you have found such an awesome game. Good luck with your future and hopefully successful missions

Welcome to the community JoshJ5Hawk :)

1. I think the best place for updates is here, and especially the Dev Blogs, also Mustwinfull keeps a great thread going of all new KSP developments called "This week in KSP" :)

2. There's a ton of docking tutorials, though most were lost recently there are some in the How-To section, plus many on youtube especially by Scott Manley!

I had actually learned to rendezvous and "dock" with landing legs before the manoeuvre nodes and stock docking ports became available, I used the excellent Erkle docking addon as well, and rendezvoused by eyeballing it and by using some charts made by Togfox

3. Gotta be Scott Manley, he's sciency, charismatic and Scottish :)

4. My steam name is the same as here, don't be a stranger!