Is Minecraft Declining?

Phoxtane

Lately, with all the new releases and pre-releases for Minecraft, I\'ve been reluctant to play. Why? Notch has added things that don\'t work and/are annoying. For example,

-Endermen can pick up ANY block, including bedrock and player-placed. They also have zombie sounds as a placeholder.

-Hunger Bar: Me and my friend agree that it\'s one of the worst things to happen to Minecraft. Adds to the whole maintenance aspect that we hate. Food stacks, which helps, but does not make up for it.

-Animal persistence. Now that breeding has been implemented, it helps a small bit, but may God have mercy if you are n00b who doesn\'t know yet.

-Leather is nearly impossible to get now. Iron ore has been buffed, so now it\'s very likely that you will have iron armor before leather.

-As of the 1.8.1 update, no snow will fall in tundra biomes. That\'s one of the worst right there -- I love the snow, but Notch removed it to show off the new swamp biomes.

/endrant

A lot of people will disagree with me on all this, and that\'s okay -- just keep it civil. I just hope that Notch gives a huge checklist of things we can toggle on/off, to tailor our game to our liking.

Most of what you mention are bugs, not features.

bugs that are fixed in 1.9

Honestly i\'m of the opposite opinion, if people weren\'t whining for a new update as much maybe he wouldn\'t need to release them with half finished features (yes that\'s probably a reality of making a commercial game of course)

Honestly i\'m of the opposite opinion, if people weren\'t whining for a new update as much maybe he wouldn\'t need to release them with half finished features (yes that\'s probably a reality of making a commercial game of course)

That is all very true. I was just reading the wiki, and there are four new mobs, multiple new items (half of which are mob-specific and don\'t have a use yet), and bugfixes. I\'m also starting to think that it\'s becoming complicated to learn about all the features of Minecraft, and a very steep learning curve to go with it.

I think it would be better for Notch to focus on one thing at a time until it\'s finished, like what HarvestR\'s doing with KSP.

That\'s what you get for being suckered in to buying an unfinished game

I wasn\'t suckered into it, I consciously chose to buy it. However, this was back when there were relatively few bugs. Now, the amount of annoying things has hit a level that I can\'t stand.

Even if it is under development, I think that the developer should look to the community for feedback on what\'s fun, and what\'s not. I think that Notch has partially lost sight of that.

-Leather is nearly impossible to get now. Iron ore has been buffed, so now it\'s very likely that you will have iron armor before leather.

Wait, you actually used leather armor in previous versions? I never bothered.

personally I dont like the fact he wont fix the server bugs so I can host a server for my friends. I am not talking about bukkit but the actual server part. Untill then I am not playing again and havent since 1.6 or 7. Way to much lag and memory leaks for me on a dual core over a cable connection. Funny though when playing on HIS servers its fine