Any dev news?

jawxxx1002

It has been a while since we have had an update, excited to see what the devs have done since the last update! I have uni deadlines coming up so dont release .20 too soon! Still would love to see where the devs are at.

I think most of .20 is supposed to be "under the hood" type stuff, with the database system being a big part of it. Kind of hard to show off code and load times in streams.

Doesn't 0.20 also feature the whole mining/resource system. We haven't seen a lot of that since the very beginning.

I have a funny feeling we're not getting resources/mining in .20. Let's hope that's not the case - this place will have a serious conniption/meltdown.

That's pretty much been true for any day ending in the letter "y" lately... :0.0:

Ehem. :)

Cheers

I'm very interested in the knowledge base. The idea that you can collect and gather data on planets is not only interesting just as a objective, but leaves you guys with some interesting design space to screw with. My immediate thought is something like sending probes to get info on planets so you know not only where to mine, but also get access to better flight planning(would kill for atmosphere calculations to be stock)

so this will probably not break saves?

As of yet, none of the features for 0.20 require wiping saves. Can't guarantee it'll be like that throughout the whole update, but so far we've been able to keep it backward compatible.

Cheers

Optimisation of the game, rover seats and MOAR PARTS!!! Thank you SQUAD! :D I'm kinda sad for resources system being pushed back, but you guys have enough on your plate it seems. Question: will you be releasing any mining parts ready for upload? I'm not talking about resource-specific drills, scoops etc. Just some basic parts, so our wonderful modding community would know in which direction things are going.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.