Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Welcome back, long time no see! What have you missed? Well, quite a lot as it happens! :D

Cupcake...

welp, seems i missed 1 update, and maybe over 9000 crafts ;.;

I blame the movie gravity for getting me back into ksp :sticktongue:

(in fact, i tried to put it in the bottom of my signature, you can see the face i put there :rolleyes:)

Edited by M.Wolfy

Amazing, kind of cheaty with the air intakes though.

Even so, very good!

Thanks! :)

welp, seems i missed 1 update, and maybe over 9000 crafts ;.;

I blame the movie gravity for getting me back into ksp :sticktongue:

That's one movie I don't want to watch again, after seeing it in all its glory on a gigantic Imax screen I can't face watching it on my 32 inch CRT. :( Still I did see Star Trek III The Search For Spock tonight, by God it was awful!

On the dropship front this should get you up to speed. I think.

Enjoy! :wink:

Cupcake...

too long ago, i think it was like last October, oh, and i still have your quote in my signature XD

Wow! :0.0: Well it's great to see you back again. :wink: I'm afraid I gotta hit the hay but I'm sure we'll talk again soon. :)

Cupcake..

Wow! :0.0: Well it's great to see you back again. :wink: I'm afraid I gotta hit the hay but I'm sure we'll talk again soon. :)

Cupcake..

SOON!

and i just remembered i made a mistake when i logged in so its 1915 as my berth (puns!) date... :huh:

well, g'night

Nice crafts set Cupcake, a shame I'm not such a good pilot as you, I'm really sucks in VTOL flying :confused: Can we have a "cupcake auto-pilot for dummies" ? It just would be great ! (and no Mechjeb is not really good yet with kerbin atmosphere vessels sadely)

Addition: it would be super-great to have manual with the craft file for each, and ideally a super-mega pack of all.

Another great thing would be using FS info popup or providing the files for it as optional feature.

Edited by Justin Kerbice

Nice crafts set Cupcake, a shame I'm not such a good pilot as you, I'm really sucks in VTOL flying :confused: Can we have a "cupcake auto-pilot for dummies" ? It just would be great ! (and no Mechjeb is not really good yet with kerbin atmosphere vessels sadely)

Addition: it would be super-great to have manual with the craft file for each, and ideally a super-mega pack of all.

Another great thing would be using FS info popup or providing the files for it as optional feature.

Hi Justin, you may want to check out Mpink's VTOL Plugin. :wink:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68206-0-23-Im-a-Cupcake-Wannabe

You're right about Mechjeb, although it can sometimes work. I managed to get it to land the Equinox a few times on Kerbin, it was pretty rough but with smooth throttle enabled and both the LV-N and jets burning it did just about pull it off.

With the manual, do you mean like an .txt file included with each craft zip? Because that would be easy enough to do. I'm not so keen on having all my vessels in one pack though as it'll make it impossible for me to monitor download stats for each design, sorry. :( I'm afraid I haven't heard of FS Info, but generally I only release stock files, people can add mods to them if they so wish. Hope this helps. :)

Cupcake...

Hi Justin, you may want to check out Mpink's VTOL Plugin. :wink:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68206-0-23-Im-a-Cupcake-Wannabe

You're right about Mechjeb, although it can sometimes work. I managed to get it to land the Equinox a few times on Kerbin, it was pretty rough but with smooth throttle enabled and both the LV-N and jets burning it did just about pull it off.

With the manual, do you mean like an .txt file included with each craft zip? Because that would be easy enough to do. I'm not so keen on having all my vessels in one pack though as it'll make it impossible for me to monitor download stats for each design, sorry. :( I'm afraid I haven't heard of FS Info, but generally I only release stock files, people can add mods to them if they so wish. Hope this helps. :)

Cupcake...

oooohhh How can I have miss it !! Thanks a lot, it will surely save lot's of poor Kerbals !

Yes, all the text you typed would be placed with their relative ships, as usually download things, then try few days/weeks later, so if I didn't take the time to copy/paste the text, I just got a ship I don't know how to use (for example I was surprise the 1st time I "launch" the SCARAB, I didn't expect the structure included at all :) ).

Ok, I understand you wish to keep track of downloads.

FS have a little part which pop-up a window info (key 'i'), in which snjo have put all action groups used by a vessel (K-17 for example use all 10 AGs, it need some practice to keep all in memory). I never try myself so don't know if it has to be created by hand (and updated on change) or by the plug-in itself by reading AGs set.

EDIT: some designs are really amazing, trying to land, with the smoke, it just remind me movies like starwars.

And yes it help ;) thanks.

Looking forward to your future releases.

Edited by Justin Kerbice

Heh guys,
I hope you enjoy this trailer, as I've mentioned in the video I'm sadly going to have to take a bit of time out from KSP due to study commitments. However when I get back it will be to bring you three cinematics that my friends and I have been working on. :) I've also got some really cool desktop backgrounds to share with you courtesy of the digital shamans from Cloud 7 Industries.

nwFGLGa.jpg
(HQ Version - http://goo.gl/NRZ15G)

77HXshM.jpg
(HQ Version - http://goo.gl/l0hK0q)

iBTVprH.jpg
(HQ Version - http://goo.gl/SWXYnL)

Feel free to carry on using this page as your unofficial VTOL/Dropship page, I'll pop by now and again to see what wonderful creations are turning up. :D Apart from that I just wanted to say thanks for all your support, and I'll look forward to getting back into it in the near future. :wink:

Cupcake....

I just wanted to take the time to wish you the best of luck with your studying. I'm looking forward to your cinematics as well as just continuing to converse with someone who is as cool as you are.

To quote Scott Manley, "Fly safe!"

-Garland

I'm using In The Clouds for my wallpaper right now - The Tadpole will always be one of my favourites!

I'm sad to hear that you won't be with us for a while, but I think we all understand how hard it is to juggle... erm... life-balls. Anyway, we'll be right here when you get back! :)

Thank you again for sharing your ships with us - each design has been tremendous fun to play with.

Good luck with your studies & I'm very much looking forward to seeing the full video sometime in the future!

Best wishes,

The14th.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess, but that wouldn't model snowing in the way that the video did. You can clearly see the 'wind' affecting the movement of the snow, it wobbles as it falls. This is inconsistent with Vall not having an atmosphere. But maybe that's just because it wouldn't look as good if it was realistic.

Your designs are truly magnificent!

I remember seeing some of your videos while searching for SSTO designs,

they gave me a whole spectrum of design ideas for my own craft such as merging engines and using intakes more aesthetically.

Shame my comp can't handle some of the more larger craft you've built though ;.; they were really cool but the part count was just barely too much..

could I request a "light" version for some of your dropships? for some of us um, 'unfortunate' users (more of a suggestion, but something like Carpathia-L ;with smaller part counts:D)

great designs nevertheless!!

Really nice pics. Looking forward to what's in store. And, as garland said, Fly Safe.

Thankyou! I'm really looking forward to bringing you guys these cinematics, hopefully by the end of April.

Your designs are truly magnificent!

I remember seeing some of your videos while searching for SSTO designs,

they gave me a whole spectrum of design ideas for my own craft such as merging engines and using intakes more aesthetically.

Shame my comp can't handle some of the more larger craft you've built though ;.; they were really cool but the part count was just barely too much..

could I request a "light" version for some of your dropships? for some of us um, 'unfortunate' users (more of a suggestion, but something like Carpathia-L ;with smaller part counts:D)

great designs nevertheless!!

That's really nice feedback, cheers! :) I think that since my dropships tend to fly at an angle they need more intakes then a straight space plane, as a result most of the part count for the Carpathia is the intakes. For this reason I've decided not to have more then four turbo jets as the part count will just become silly!

It'll be quite tricky to rip out parts from the Carpathia without seriously denting it's performance, it's a pretty lean beast as it is and there's nothing in there that's just for show, well apart from the adaptor on the nose anyway.

I guess the best thing I can recommend is to lose a couple of engines and give the Equinox a try, you can still get some pretty good performance out of it. If that fails perhaps try flying the Scythe or Pixie, you could dock with an LV-N transfer stage in orbit and go off for adventures. Sorry I couldn't be more help. :(

Cupcake...

Hey All,
I'm afraid the full release is a little way away, but I thought you guys might want to play around with the trainer edition in the meantime. :) Instead of weapons you're carrying fuel, but even without the fireworks this craft is a great deal of fun to fly. Incidentaly this edition of the Banshee Mk2 will become my standard single engine trainer, replacing the Stratos Model T (no flowers by request).

http://goo.gl/S2nQag

Hope you enjoy it. :wink:

Cupcake...

h2MMqld.jpg

hFtqy84.jpg

QDRSgns.jpg Edited by Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.