Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nice, will it work with FAR?

Quite possibly, afraid I don't use FAR so I can't say for certain. :P

8 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Looks very cute!

Why this?

I really didn't want the root part sticking up through the body of the craft so in the end I built the whole craft around a small air intake, it may not sound much much but it took a while to reach that solution. Plus you know, squeezing all the bits you need into a compact body. :wink:

3 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Like the MX-5 Miata of your dropships :) 

If I was ever gonna get some thing on 4 wheels it would probably be an MX5, awesome little cars. :D

Cupcake...

31 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

Quite possibly, afraid I don't use FAR so I can't say for certain. :P

I really didn't want the root part sticking up through the body of the craft so in the end I built the whole craft around a small air intake, it may not sound much much but it took a while to reach that solution. Plus you know, squeezing all the bits you need into a compact body. :wink:

If I was ever gonna get some thing on 4 wheels it would probably be an MX5, awesome little cars. :D

Cupcake...

I bet! It's a lovely design man.

22 hours ago, Himynameisjake said:

Love your stuff as always.

Have you figured out a configuration to fit the EAS chair into the 2.5m service bay without having the kerbal pop out of the ship when leaving the chair? I've been stumped with this and really hope you've got an answer.

As far I know they'll always pop up above the vessel. :P

Cupcake...

On 4/11/2016 at 10:44 PM, Cupcake... said:

As far I know they'll always pop up above the vessel. :P

Cupcake...

Big fan of your SSTO's from pre1.0 days  Is there still any SSTO that can say goto Duna and Back with a modest payload?

15 hours ago, bitslizer said:

Big fan of your SSTO's from pre1.0 days  Is there still any SSTO that can say goto Duna and Back with a modest payload?

They are out there but sadly you'll have to go with the winged variety, I'm afraid the days of SSTO interplanetary dropships are over. ;.;

14 hours ago, Nextjr said:

HEY! Stranger. I haven't been around much, life stuff and so on buninfinally have time to say I'm still looking to my beautiful ship! I can't wait to fly my favorite ship again! But your little ones are awesome too!:cool:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you, as soon as I get my hands on 1.1 I'll get the ship polished off. :wink:

Cupcake...

Just a heads up for you dropship fans: The Tui seems to work fine for me in a completely stock 1.1 install, as do the Sprite and Tadpole clones I have in use, even though they use clipped landing gear. I also felt the aerodynamics are a bit easier on those slanted Mk2 chassis designs, but that might be subjective.

The plan is to test the rest of the fleet over the weekend.

Finally got my hands on 1.1, yay! :D

dcWOw15.jpg

There haven't been too many dramas so far, the only vessel to be badly affected was the Gnat which has had its landing gear messed up. :( The Mork will also need a small modification as the capsual used to launch the vessel now needs a de-coupler. I also figured this will be a good time to give the fleet a bit of prune, so the Moth Mk2, Mantis, Pickaxe and Matador have been retired with the Cypher now acting as my standard lander. There is of course new stuff on the way too, watch this space. :wink:

Cupcake...

15 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

Finally got my hands on 1.1, yay! :D

dcWOw15.jpg

There haven't been too many dramas so far, the only vessel to be badly affected was the Gnat which has had its landing gear messed up. :( The Mork will also need a small modification as the capsual used to launch the vessel now needs a de-coupler. I also figured this will be a good time to give the fleet a bit of prune, so the Moth Mk2, Mantis, Pickaxe and Matador have been retired with the Cypher now acting as my standard lander. There is of course new stuff on the way too, watch this space. :wink:

Cupcake...

YES!!! How's your super duper tiny 1.1 vtol going?

Rats...Mantis and Pickaxe are both workhorses in my program.  I'll be sad to see them go.  Mantis is a fantastic base-building tool and Mantis + probe core is especially useful for those contracts to retrieve a downed Kerbal plus capsule:

rvnbdt1.jpg

1fUHZxV.jpg

Thanks again for such fantastic designs that are (were) so much fun to fly!  Looking forward to your new ships!

Edited by Foxbat
Added screenshots

On 23 April 2016 at 8:14 AM, Foxbat said:

Rats...Mantis and Pickaxe are both workhorses in my program.  I'll be sad to see them go.  Mantis is a fantastic base-building tool and Mantis + probe core is especially useful for those contracts to retrieve a downed Kerbal plus capsule:

rvnbdt1.jpg

1fUHZxV.jpg

Thanks again for such fantastic designs that are (were) so much fun to fly!  Looking forward to your new ships!

Ok, I wanna give it a wee upgrade but I reckon we can keep the Mantis in service for a little while longer. :wink:

On 23 April 2016 at 11:34 AM, Good_Cat said:

@Cupcake... your Moth fits perfect in my new Minmus Colony.
Perched atop the highest spire.

qZ9psod.jpg

DtBXlG7.jpg

Amazing colony but I can't help but notice you're running a very old version of the moth there! :D

Cupcake... 

The Gnat Mk2 looks nice. Efficient. I like the engines/intakes like that. And you found a nice way to omit the gear issue :)

Man, the other day I spent a good hour watching some of your vids together with my son. Sometimes you just need to go back to those beauties. Some of those videos are AMAZING! The editing, the flying, I even dig most of the music, it always fits so well. Thanks for all this work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.